Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Drew Lock is the starter

Quote Originally Posted by spikerman View Post
    I hope people aren’t reading too much into one game- good or bad.
    I read too much into it! It's time for the Broncos to be 100% all in on Drew Lock!

It takes 2 years to really know whether a young QB can become a Franchise QB for a team. We still don't know for instance about the long term future of Sam Darnold or Josh Allen, both taken in the top 10.

This team is going nowhere without an elite young MOBILE QB. We've seen where the NFL is going. Elway keeps sticking his head in the mud and resisting but "resistance is futile."

There is literally no reason for the Broncos NOT to put all their chips on Drew Lock. We know Joe Flacco ain't the answer, and no veteran QB (Teddy Bridgewater) is coming to save the day.

Lock has all the skill and athleticism they haven't had around here since John Elway retired. Since the OL is going to be bad again next year they NEED a QB who can move and Lock has that.

He has a cannon for an arm, and is highly accurate, but needs to fix his footwork. Well, they have coaches for that.

If Drew Lock fails with all his talent to become a long term franchise QB for this team it's Elway and Fangio's fault! It means they didn't develop him properly due to Elway's idiot obsession to "win now" at every cost.

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived Cugel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by spikerman View Post
    I hope people aren’t reading too much into one game- good or bad.
    I read too much into it! It's time for the Broncos to be 100% all in on Drew Lock!

It takes 2 years to really know whether a young QB can become a Franchise QB for a team. We still don't know for instance about the long term future of Sam Darnold or Josh Allen, both taken in the top 10.

This team is going nowhere without an elite young MOBILE QB. We've seen where the NFL is going. Elway keeps sticking his head in the mud and resisting but "resistance is futile."

There is literally no reason for the Broncos NOT to put all their chips on Drew Lock. We know Joe Flacco ain't the answer, and no veteran QB (Teddy Bridgewater) is coming to save the day.

Lock has all the skill and athleticism they haven't had around here since John Elway retired. Since the OL is going to be bad again next year they NEED a QB who can move and Lock has that.

He has a cannon for an arm, and is highly accurate, but needs to fix his footwork. Well, they have coaches for that.

If Drew Lock fails with all his talent to become a long term franchise QB for this team it's Elway and Fangio's fault! It means they didn't develop him properly due to Elway's idiot obsession to "win now" at every cost.
    Just sayin, Lock protected the ball smartly and moved when he had to. He didnt even get sacked. A good QB can HELP an OLine unit succeed better.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

4. The Following User High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Adopted Bronco:
    Dennis Smith #49

Lock is looking like the answer and to think that he still has lots of room to grow...
    A woman's mind is cleaner than a man's: She changes it more often.
    Oliver Herford

7. The Following 3 Users High Fived D1g1tal j1m For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    Lammey stealing my talking points now, I’m honored.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

I am always one to preach caution. And I wasn't even a huge lock fan last year when he talked about coming out. But I'm going to say it right now I'm 100% on board with this kid. He brings the tebow leadership fire and passion element except you can actually play the position. There's a little bit of Brett favre in that guy. that fun gunslinger scare you with some throws that he makes but above-average athlete in a rocket arm are going to be fun to watch for a long time. And my brother and I were talking about it today if he pans out there are five guys on this offensive roster that could end up being consistently pro bowl ever players. So as much as we talked about the lack of depth the last two drafts have been very good for elway.

11. The Following 6 Users High Fived Jsteve01 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

That first big completion he made to Fant I thought for sure was about to get pick sixed. That was a special throw. That an his TD throw to cap that drive were two of the best throws I've seen a Broncos QB make in a really long time.

13. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    I am always one to preach caution. And I wasn't even a huge lock fan last year when he talked about coming out. But I'm going to say it right now I'm 100% on board with this kid. He brings the tebow leadership fire and passion element except you can actually play the position. There's a little bit of Brett favre in that guy. that fun gunslinger scare you with some throws that he makes but above-average athlete in a rocket arm are going to be fun to watch for a long time. And my brother and I were talking about it today if he pans out there are five guys on this offensive roster that could end up being consistently pro bowl ever players. So as much as we talked about the lack of depth the last two drafts have been very good for elway.
    Yep. Fant looking and playing role pretty well too (but he has some issues that might be dealbreakers). Even better than 'can't miss' Hochenstein. So I'm riding with Elway too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

15. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    That first big completion he made to Fant I thought for sure was about to get pick sixed. That was a special throw. That an his TD throw to cap that drive were two of the best throws I've seen a Broncos QB make in a really long time.
    It's been a while since we've had a QB with a big arm and natural throwing ability like that.

After his first game Elway made a comment about Lock already understanding that you don't throw to the reciever but to an open spot the receiver will be, or something like that.

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

It's funny how Fant doesn't look like nearly the bust now that we play QBs who can move around a bit and sling it

19. The Following User High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    It’s time to fire Elway and hire Josh McDaniels, start all over.

Lather, rinse repeat.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

21. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

"He's a f------ rock star," linebacker Von Miller said of Lock, per The Athletic's Nicki Jhabvala.
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...in-over-texans

23. The Following 5 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

you take someone that doesnt allow the d to double Sutton and stack Lindsay. STL Rams had that problem, teams stacked Faulk, and Doubled Bruce..... then they drafted Torry Holt.

Lets face it, outside of Lindsay and Sutton. Lock has no weapons.

Fant and Stewart aren't weapons?

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    Fant and Stewart aren't weapons?
    Who the hell is stewart?

26. The Following 3 Users High Fived ShaneFalco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Who the hell is stewart?
    You are a weapon shane.

28. The Following User High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information