Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tough injury season for the team

Default Tough injury season for the team

Been a tough season for the team. All these guys ended up on the IR.

Nico Falah: C May 14 Achilles
    Austin Fort: TE Aug 9th Knee
    Horace Richardson: CB 21 Aug Back
    Jake Butt: TE 2 Sep Knee
    Theo Riddick: RB 2 Sep Shoulder
    Bradley Chubb: LB 1 Oct Knee
    DeVante Bausby: CB 8 Oct Neck
    Joe Flacco: QB 1 Nov Neck
    Corey Nelson: LB 1 Nov Bicep
    Bryce Callahan: CB 15 Nov foot
    Andy Janovich: FB 19 Nov elbow
    Derek Wolfe: DE 2 Dec elbow
    Dremont Jones: DE 9 Dec High ankle sprain possible to IR due to limited time left in season

This list doesn't count having Lock and Patrick spending time on the list and returning.

Surprised the team is doing as well as it is.
    Avatar courtesy of Artist Faith Coyote

2. The Following 6 Users High Fived Spiritguy For This Post:

James also missed most the season. The narrative of not having talent is false, and we also traded E-man. Throw in a coaching staff trying to figure things out, a brutal schedule and something like 4 losses by 1 possession. This team is fairly loaded with picks and cap room. 1 good off-season and we challenge for the division. Our young core is learning and looks deadly. The the dark night is over.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

4. The Following 10 Users High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Spiritguy View Post

Dremont Jones: DE 9 Dec High ankle sprain possible to IR due to limited time left in season

This list doesn't count having Lock and Patrick spending time on the list and returning.

Best injury in the history of the Broncos!

Flacco's injury led to the entire scrapping of the stupid and depressing "Flacco is in his prime!" Plan of Elway's.

Now that Joe Flacco has probably (hopefully) played his last down for the Broncos we can look back on the Flacco era and see it for what it was: a complete and total delusion from day 1.

No hoper. Never had a chance of success.

Elway thought "We can win like in 2015 with historically great defense, and an ultra conservative mediocre boring offense that does enough to not lose the game."

It wasn't just bad football, it was boring as hell!

Even if the Flacco Plan worked as Elway hoped, the Broncos at best would be a one-and-done wild card playoff team. They'd be going into the playoffs against the Patriots, Chiefs and Ravens who actually HAVE great QBs who can take over a game and win it.

And we'd have Joe Flacco.

Given Denver's starting point, and the fact that there was never any hope for this season with Flacco as the QB, the injury list that kept this team from going 8-8 or something equally stupid and self-defeating was the best thing that could have happened!

Now you have to admit that the future is now WIDE OPEN with Drew Lock! He could possibly become a top 10 QB and even conceivably a top 5 QB in this league, and give Denver a chance to compete with Mahomes and the Chiefs for years to come!

If they develop him right, we could have the best Broncos starting QB since Elway retired.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

I think most teams are like this tho

7. The Following User High Fived sneakers For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiritguy View Post

Best injury in the history of the Broncos!

Flacco's injury led to the entire scrapping of the stupid and depressing "Flacco is in his prime!" Plan of Elway's.

Now that Joe Flacco has probably (hopefully) played his last down for the Broncos we can look back on the Flacco era and see it for what it was: a complete and total delusion from day 1.

No hoper. Never had a chance of success.

Elway thought "We can win like in 2015 with historically great defense, and an ultra conservative mediocre boring offense that does enough to not lose the game."

It wasn't just bad football, it was boring as hell!

Even if the Flacco Plan worked as Elway hoped, the Broncos at best would be a one-and-done wild card playoff team. They'd be going into the playoffs against the Patriots, Chiefs and Ravens who actually HAVE great QBs who can take over a game and win it.

And we'd have Joe Flacco.

Given Denver's starting point, and the fact that there was never any hope for this season with Flacco as the QB, the injury list that kept this team from going 8-8 or something equally stupid and self-defeating was the best thing that could have happened!

Now you have to admit that the future is now WIDE OPEN with Drew Lock! He could possibly become a top 10 QB and even conceivably a top 5 QB in this league, and give Denver a chance to compete with Mahomes and the Chiefs for years to come!

If they develop him right, we could have the best Broncos starting QB since Elway retired.
    Flacco sucks. People condemning the move eere right. I give the benefit of the doubt as i did eith Case too. Dude is horrible.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    James also missed most the season. The narrative of not having talent is false, and we also traded E-man. Throw in a coaching staff trying to figure things out, a brutal schedule and something like 4 losses by 1 possession. This team is fairly loaded with picks and cap room. 1 good off-season and we challenge for the division. Our young core is learning and looks deadly. The the dark night is over.
    And, if Lock is for real, that makes all the difference in the world. It's hard to win in this league with an average or below average QB. It's a compounding effect. If the QB isn't good, then that limits the OC's plays/play calling.

It's hard not to get too excited about what we saw from Lock, but in addition to Lock completing plays, I saw better play calling, which I assume is a reaction to having a QB under center that can actually execute as designed.

This is a very young team and there is a LOT of talent on both sides of the ball. Between the draft and free agency, they should be able to plug a couple holes and add depth. Hopefully, they don't lose too many, like Simmons, Harris, etc., in free agency.

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Those who felt like we needed to blow the team up were and have always been wrong imo. We just needed a ******* quarterback.

12. The Following 7 Users High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    Those who felt like we needed to blow the team up were and have always been wrong imo. We just needed a ******* quarterback.
    If we had done that three seasons ago we'd have been in even better shape. You can't go 'oh we're doing okay now so it all worked out'. The past mistakes still stand.

When the team next year is much younger with even fewer veterans on it, what will it look like? Like a team fresh out of...a rebuild.

We just took the 'scenic' route.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

14. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

We have a Dean sighting ... repeat, we have a Dean sighting!
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

16. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

If we had done that three seasons ago we'd have been in even better shape. You can't go 'oh we're doing okay now so it all worked out'. The past mistakes still stand.

When the team next year is much younger with even fewer veterans on it, what will it look like? Like a team fresh out of...a rebuild.

This is next level posting.

You ******** don't cherish me enough. I guess I gotta be more positive and bright-eyed to get any damn love around here.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Wrong!

Wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Flacco sucks. People condemning the move eere right. I give the benefit of the doubt as i did eith Case too. Dude is horrible.
    Not horrible. Just washed up and mediocre. If Denver had a team as strong as they were in Elway's fantasy they would probably have won 10 games and been a wild-card playoff team -- one and done.

And Elway would have insisted on wasting more time starting him next year and possibly the year after and Lock would never have seen the field at all.

That's why I've been so down on Elway -- because it was so obvious from the beginning that Lock was the only hope for the future and he just refused to commit to him as long as he could possibly hold onto any alternative.

I mean, why didn't they move to get Lock ready immediately? They kept saying he was "not ready" while he was throwing actively since October, but they wouldn't move him off IR and kept saying they might keep Lock on IR all season, and take Theo Riddick off IR instead! (They only get 2)

That would only make sense if they had a SB contending team and an extra 3rd down RB would make a difference in making a few plays for you.

It was just so insanely stupid!

No, "taking the scenic route" implies you know where you are going but take a round-about way to get there!

They absolutely had ZERO idea where they were going and instead accidentally wound up where they wanted to go by taking a bunch of wrong turns and got lucky.

They didn't want to start Lock at all, but Flacco got injured and the team sucked and Brandon Allen flamed out leaving them no other option.

And Surprise! Lock exceeded all expectations so now they are stuck with him for next season, although Fangio still refuses to commit to him for the long term.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Many felt we needed to blow up the FO for poor decision making i.e. flacco, most worried about the coaching staff, and some were smart enough to realize we also had a player problem including at QB before the season even started.....Different strokes for different folks, but there was evidence to support all sides of the coin....
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information