Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Practice / press conference notes - week 13 (Chargers week)

Dear Oline and Scags,

Don't get the kid killed out of gate plz. TIA

Sincerely,
    Broncos Country
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

2. The Following 5 Users High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Also, not necessarily related to this week, but The Ringer has been doing a quarterly power ranking of NFL teams. At the three quarter mark, they have us at #27, which is probably close to right. Anything to argue about in the blurb on us?

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2019/1...s-rams-falling
    Actually on NFL.com the Broncos are ranked 28th in the standings, thus 5th in the draft.

The blurb is exactly what every sports commentator in the country is saying about the Broncos right now. None of Denver's moves have made a lick of sense to anyone, and now they're clearly not working, making Elway look utterly clueless and subject to ridicule.

Pretty soon the established story around the league is going to be that Elway is a terrible GM who doesn't know what he's doing and who got lucky in landing Peyton Manning and then signing some key veteran FAs who came cheap to Denver in order to win a Championship with Peyton Manning.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    Actually on NFL.com the Broncos are ranked 28th in the standings, thus 5th in the draft.

The blurb is exactly what every sports commentator in the country is saying about the Broncos right now. None of Denver's moves have made a lick of sense to anyone, and now they're clearly not working, making Elway look utterly clueless and subject to ridicule.

Pretty soon the established story around the league is going to be that Elway is a terrible GM who doesn't know what he's doing and who got lucky in landing Peyton Manning and then signing some key veteran FAs who came cheap to Denver in order to win a Championship with Peyton Manning.
    I don’t have the words for that first sentence. The Ringer article was in no way trying to reflect draft position. Well done, as usual.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Let's take this blurb item by item:
    "The Broncos’ future is a total mystery at this point. Denver’s quarterback situation is one of the biggest messes in the league: Drew Lock hasn’t played at all this year, making his rookie season a total bust; "
    Since nobody outside of Dove Valley really thought that Joe Flacco is "in his prime" few people bought tickets for the Joe Flacco bandwagon to begin with. Then he sucked and the team kept losing.

Everybody assumes that Denver should do what every other team in the league has done -- if they don't have an established franchise QB they draft one, preferably as high in the first round as they can.

Nobody can understand why Elway thinks he can win with some ageing veteran, just because he did it with Peyton Manning. Everybody knows Peyton coming to Denver was a wild fluke that couldn't happen again in a thousand years, and Joe Flacco is no Manning and never was.

So, the Joe Flacco signing never made any sense, even if you assumed that Flacco really did have anything left, which few did.

So everybody expected the Broncos would start Drew Lock as soon as they could get him ready. But, they have been wasting time and refusing to start him, so Elway looks like a fool.

"Joe Flacco will count for $13.6 million in dead money if he’s cut this offseason. John Elway has shown no signs that he should be the guy to make the decision about the team’s direction at QB.
    The team is following up a 5-11 season with 6-10, and then falling to 4-12 or 3-13 or something. Clearly any other GM in the league would be fired at seasons end after three such seasons in a row, even if they did win a SB.

8-8 or 7-9, 9-7 and no playoff appearances for 4 seasons would be bad enough, but when you start going 5-11, 6-10 and 4-12 you just are begging to be fired and any owner with a brain in their heads would fire Elway as soon as the season ends.

If Pat Bowlen were still in charge John would be on the skids right now.
    "And the uncertainty surrounding Denver’s ownership situation may prevent the franchise from replacing Elway this offseason. It’s hard to figure out what the Broncos even are right now."
    You'll notice its taken for granted as though needing no argument that Elway SHOULD be fired -- the writer only questions whether Denver's dysfunctional ownership situation, amid bitter lawsuits over ownership rights "might" prevent it from happening, giving Elway an-unearned reprieve.

Adopted Bronco:
    Greg Dulcich

Seeing some of the Lock interviews, it’s encouraging to see how badly he wants to be out there. Night and day difference with Paxton. Win or lose, I’m really excited to see him play. I hope he plays well enough to pencil him in as next year’s starter.

Stupidity is also a gift of God, but one mustn't misuse it. ---- Pope John Paul II

7. The Following 3 Users High Fived Bronco4ever For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Wait - I thought Fangio hated Drew Lock.

He wants nothing to do with him.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    He wants nothing to do with him.
    Heard on the radio he wanted him cut!

Andrew Mason @MaseDenver 16m
    Fangio: Drew Lock “did fine” at practice. “I think he felt more and more comfortable as practice went on."

Andrew Mason @MaseDenver 16m
    Fangio: “We don’t know yet” whether Drew Lock will start. “We’ve discussed it, but nothing has been finalized."

Nicki Jhabvala @NickiJhabvala 15m
    Vic Fangio said Alexander Johnson hurt his knee late in the Buffalo game. He didn't practice yesterday, won't practice today and his status is "up in the air" for Sunday against the Chargers.

Andrew Mason @MaseDenver 14m
    Fangio: No chance he would shut down Von Miller as a precaution just because it’s late in the season.

Andrew Mason @MaseDenver 10m
    Scangarello: Drew Lock “is coming along nicely."

Andrew Mason @MaseDenver 9m
    Scangarello, on Drew Lock: “I like where he is mentally, just how he’s progressed."

Andrew Mason @MaseDenver 7m
    Scangarello: “This last game, I think a lot of the things that have plagued us throughout the year kind of manifested themselves.” Penalties, lack of execution and “we’re a young team."

Andrew Mason @MaseDenver 3m
    Scangarello says he wants to see Noah Fant close the season strong, build momentum that can carry over into the offseason and next year: “The last five games can mean a lot,” Scangarello said.

Troy Renck @TroyRenck 2m
    #Broncos Scangarello said of Ja'Wuan James. "The reality is he's got to be confident and healthy. " Not having James this year has really hurt. Has left them with no options or flexibility at the tackle positions. #Denver7

11. The Following User High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    Let's take this blurb item by item:

Since nobody outside of Dove Valley really thought that Joe Flacco is "in his prime" few people bought tickets for the Joe Flacco bandwagon to begin with. Then he sucked and the team kept losing.

Everybody assumes that Denver should do what every other team in the league has done -- if they don't have an established franchise QB they draft one, preferably as high in the first round as they can.

Nobody can understand why Elway thinks he can win with some ageing veteran, just because he did it with Peyton Manning. Everybody knows Peyton coming to Denver was a wild fluke that couldn't happen again in a thousand years, and Joe Flacco is no Manning and never was.

So, the Joe Flacco signing never made any sense, even if you assumed that Flacco really did have anything left, which few did.

So everybody expected the Broncos would start Drew Lock as soon as they could get him ready. But, they have been wasting time and refusing to start him, so Elway looks like a fool.

The team is following up a 5-11 season with 6-10, and then falling to 4-12 or 3-13 or something. Clearly any other GM in the league would be fired at seasons end after three such seasons in a row, even if they did win a SB.

8-8 or 7-9, 9-7 and no playoff appearances for 4 seasons would be bad enough, but when you start going 5-11, 6-10 and 4-12 you just are begging to be fired and any owner with a brain in their heads would fire Elway as soon as the season ends.

If Pat Bowlen were still in charge John would be on the skids right now.

You'll notice its taken for granted as though needing no argument that Elway SHOULD be fired -- the writer only questions whether Denver's dysfunctional ownership situation, amid bitter lawsuits over ownership rights "might" prevent it from happening, giving Elway an-unearned reprieve.

that blurb item is so stupid. Joe Flacco was owed 18 million this year. We paid him 5. Next year we owe him 13 mil. That equals 18 million. One way or the other we had to pay flacco 18 mil. the only difference is with the restructure we have money freed up to re-sign guys like Jano and Simmons this year.

18 million is 18 million. 13 this year and 5 next.
    2 this year and 16 next.

It all equals 18 million.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    that blurb item is so stupid. Joe Flacco was owed 18 million this year. We paid him 5. Next year we owe him 13 mil. That equals 18 million. One way or the other we had to pay flacco 18 mil. the only difference is with the restructure we have money freed up to re-sign guys like Jano and Simmons this year.

18 million is 18 million. 13 this year and 5 next.
    2 this year and 16 next.

It all equals 18 million.
    I don’t think pointing out we have $13.5M in dead money on a bad quarterback decision is stupid.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

14. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Is Von Miller ok?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    Heard on the radio he wanted him cut!
    All over the radio, mostly former Broncos players ... not Dmac, though.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Is Von Miller ok?
    Injury Report: Von Miller misses second consecutive practice
    https://www.denverbroncos.com/news/i...utive-practice

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

18. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I don’t think pointing out we have $13.5M in dead money on a bad quarterback decision is stupid.
    It doesnt make a difference. 13. 5 in dead hit this year. Or next. It's the same number. 18 million. That's what hes getting paid. This year or next, it's still 18 mil
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    It doesnt make a difference. 13. 5 in dead hit this year. Or next. It's the same number. 18 million. That's what hes getting paid. This year or next, it's still 18 mil
    I don’t understand what point you’re trying to make.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information