Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Northman's 2020 NFL Mock Draft Thread

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    People are sleeping on him. I mentioned him here alot before the bechton's and Wirfs and willis's of the world blew up.....At one point he was thought to be behind Thomas in the top 10. He is a tad Raw, perfect to work under Munchak as a swing tackle next year before replacing Bolles or James the following year. He has a elite franchise LT skillset, people here are sleeping on him big time.....As is the media and mainstream draft community.
    I didn't like his lack of strength until I heard about his surgery. Makes that completely understandable. Doubt he lasts to round 2, but I'd be fine with him.

2. The Following User High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    I didn't like his lack of strength until I heard about his surgery. Makes that completely understandable. Doubt he lasts to round 2, but I'd be fine with him.
    I think because he couldnt work out he goes 22-27 Range......He is also someone I would like besides Murray after 15. I respect Charlie Campbell alot for draft evals he usually is pretty spot on....he was still hearing 1st rd for Jackson, and some team sources he has feel he is a sleeper with Complete Franchise LT skillset, but a tad raw in technique, where as those same sources see Wirfs, and Willis for example at RT.....be interseting to see how it plays out.

I personally wouldnt be upset if we were in that range and took him, cause a extra 2nd or even another 3rd gets us more capital to play with. just my opinion though....
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

Ruggs is someone I would trade up for.

How high would we have to go is the thing.

It would really be good to know who Oakland and SF are high on with the top 3 WRs. They are both taking a wr in round 1, no doubt.

Ruggs DICTATES coverages. You simply cannot afford not to have someone over the top on him.

You either have to apply heavy pressure with a DB playing off him or you have to have a safety behind him because he will simply run by any corner. With Locks ability to buy time...its a risk no defense would

be willing to take.

May have to go up to Cleveland to get him, unless the Jets are willing.
    IN PATON I TRUST.

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by WARHORSE View Post

It would really be good to know who Oakland and SF are high on with the top 3 WRs. They are both taking a wr in round 1, no doubt.

Ruggs DICTATES coverages. You simply cannot afford not to have someone over the top on him.

You either have to apply heavy pressure with a DB playing off him or you have to have a safety behind him because he will simply run by any corner. With Locks ability to buy time...its a risk no defense would

be willing to take.

I feel like Grudens history along with mayock would show you that they value production over the underwear Olympics. Just look at their trap last season. I'm not sure that I have that same read on Lynch and shanahan.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by WARHORSE View Post

be willing to take.

I dont buy the ruggs hype at all.....he is going to break a few here and there but its a fad because of tyreek hill. Djax and Tyreek hill are about the only 2 Wr's in the last what 8 years to truly be that take the top-off WR, you could maybe mention cooks but he doesnt seperate very well, which is why he is also pretty much a scrub. A good DB jams Ruggs at the line and then were stuck wondering why a dude who is super fast doesnt impact our offense very much.....

In fact I see ruggs as the next Ted Ginn.....just saying.....
    Last edited by Elevation inc; 03-27-2020 at 02:31 PM.

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Ruggs is a far better route runner than Ginn, and if release is an issue it’s been an issue for many many WR’s over the history of the draft ... including ES, who is now one of the best at avoid the jam.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

9. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Agreed on sanders, but that was what after 3-4 years in the leauge, he also wasnt a top 15 pick....As for Wr's struggling I agree. I our Wr's like patrick cause he cant seperate or catch with his hands, and he isnt fast, i hated hamilton pretty much his whole time in denver cause he couldnt seperate or beat the jam, then decided to forget how to catch as well....hopefully the light came on cause he made some strides the last 4 games of the year, maybe he really could be a ES type guy. If your asking me today though if I would rather have a guy like Lamb or jefferson vs ruggs. I take Lamb or jefferson hands down. I would avoid all 3 in rd 1 if possible however becasue I never really like rd 1 wr's....the value just never really seems to pan out.....
    Last edited by Elevation inc; 03-27-2020 at 05:34 PM.

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Agreed on sanders, but that was what after 3-4 years in the leauge, he also wasnt a top 15 pick....As for Wr's struggling I agree. I our Wr's like patrick cause he cant seperate or catch with his hands, and he isnt fast, i hated hamilton pretty much his whole time in denver cause he couldnt seperate or beat the jam, then decided to forget how to catch as well....hopefully the light came on cause he made some strides the last 4 games of the year, maybe he really could be a ES type guy. If your asking me today though if I would rather have a guy like Lamb or jjeferson vs ruggs. I take Lamb or jefferson hands down. I would avoid all 3 in rd 1 if possible however becasue I never really like rd 1 wr's....the value just never really seems to pan out.....
    Ruggs wouldn’t be the only Top 15 player that needs to develop once he gets in NFL, but I don’t want a WR in the 1st round either.

Btw, Jefferson is being talked about as a slot-only player early on, so it’s pretty common to need development.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Ruggs wouldn’t be the only Top 15 player that needs to develop once he gets in NFL, but I don’t want a WR in the 1st round either.

Btw, Jefferson is being talked about as a slot-only player early on, so it’s pretty common to need development.
    Yeah im not so sure getting a WR in rd 1 is better then Kinlaw, Murray, a OT! lol....no way Jefferson is a slot dude at 6-1 and 205...he reminds me more of a chris goodwin type....
    Last edited by Elevation inc; 03-27-2020 at 05:39 PM.

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

I dont buy the ruggs hype at all.....he is going to break a few here and there but its a fad because of tyreek hill. Djax and Tyreek hill are about the only 2 Wr's in the last what 8 years to truly be that take the top-off WR, you could maybe mention cooks but he doesnt seperate very well, which is why he is also pretty much a scrub. A good DB jams Ruggs at the line and then were stuck wondering why a dude who is super fast doesnt impact our offense very much.....

dude I made the Ted Ginn analogy on somebody's Instagram page or maybe it was Twitter and I got roasted left and right. How do you think Ted Ginn. Blah blah blah. And I'm like if you go back and look at their college careers Ted was actually a better player at Ohio State then rugs was at Alabama. And they were both on loaded offenses. I just can't buy into rugs until I see consistent production. He wasn't even the best wide receiver on his squad and everybody's trying to sell me on why I should take him over Jeudy or lamb

16. The Following User High Fived Jsteve01 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    I feel like Grudens history along with mayock would show you that they value production over the underwear Olympics. Just look at their trap last season. I'm not sure that I have that same read on Lynch and shanahan.

I totally understand this perspective. Thing is, it was a very unique situation Ruggs was in there at Alabama. I rate him better than Hill, the man is a football player. Hill is too, but I like Ruggs out of college more than Hill.

It remains to be seen, but lets all agree that Tua, while a really good college QB, his arm is not the biggest weapon. He was not going to burn people on deep throws through the air.

Ruggs catch rate is as good as Jeudy and Lamb.

What Ruggs has, you cant teach to Jeudy and Lamb.

He is not simply a deep threat.
    IN PATON I TRUST.

18. The Following User High Fived WARHORSE For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

dude I made the Ted Ginn analogy on somebody's Instagram page or maybe it was Twitter and I got roasted left and right. How do you think Ted Ginn. Blah blah blah. And I'm like if you go back and look at their college careers Ted was actually a better player at Ohio State then rugs was at Alabama. And they were both on loaded offenses. I just can't buy into rugs until I see consistent production. He wasn't even the best wide receiver on his squad and everybody's trying to sell me on why I should take him over Jeudy or lamb
    Exactly.....

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

Default Mark of a BEAST

Consistent production? Wow. Considering the amount of coverage he had, plus his catch rate being just as good as Lamb and Jeudy....you have to have the ball thrown to you in order to do something

with it. I think we all agree on that?
    Most would not categorize him as number 1......except me and John Elway who knows we have to score to beat KC. Regardless though, the stat where Ruggs blows everyone out of

water on is scoring. One could argue that it was because of Ruggs, Jeudy and Smith had better years.

Henry Ruggs scores a touchdown every 4 times he touches the ball.

Jeudy? 6.1

Lamb? 5.4

That, my friend, is far and away above Tedd Ginn Jr. who scored every 9 times he touched the ball.

Also, Alabama threw the ball to Jeudy 23% of the time. RUGGS? 13.5%.

Not to mention he only rushed twice in college. Oh.....he SCORED on one of those touches which went 75 yards.

The ONLY reason RUGGS didnt obliterate college was because TUA didnt have the arm to take advantage of him. Furthest pass TUA threw in the air to RUGGS? 45 yards.

Drew Lock matched with RUGGS is a big problem for defenses.

As I said.......I would trade up for RUGGS.

Im gonna start his fan club. Its called JUGGS for RUGGS.
    Last edited by WARHORSE; 03-28-2020 at 12:46 PM.
    IN PATON I TRUST.

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

I'm not trading up for any WR. I don't even like the idea on using a round 1 pick on 1. But Riggs would be fun to watch

22. The Following 2 Users High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Yea, plenty of WR's in this draft. Trading up would be pretty stupid this year.

24. The Following 3 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information