Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Practice / press conference notes - week 12 (Bills week)

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Belichick also has Tom Brady. Again, if their second round quarterback is the third stringer to a sixth round journeyman and a UDFA from the same class ...
    Anyway, no one is arguing against playing Lock. I'm confident that if he had set the world on fire in practice he'd be playing already.

Hopefully he's taking advantage of all his reps.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Anyway, no one is arguing against playing Lock. I'm confident that if he had set the world on fire in practice he'd be playing already.

Hopefully he's taking advantage of all his reps.
    Here’s the problem with this practice stuff. We know that, at most, he’s going to get three or four reps tops in the Broncos offense? It’s the middle of the season. The starter is getting the reps. He’s, at best, Scout team quarterback running the opposing team’s scheme. He needs first team reps. That includes games. Anything else is just a waste of time.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Here’s the problem with this practice stuff. We know that, at most, he’s going to get three or four reps tops in the Broncos offense? It’s the middle of the season. The starter is getting the reps. He’s, at best, Scout team quarterback running the opposing team’s scheme. He needs first team reps. That includes games. Anything else is just a waste of time.
    Rumor has it they are giving him 8-10 first team reps + most of the scout team reps.

I think this indicates that Buff is correct in his assessment...the plan is play him soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

5. The Following 3 Users High Fived slim For This Post:

Lock has been on this team longer than Allen, who had never taken a snap in the NFL. They got him ready to play in a week. They should be doing the same for Lock.

7. The Following 3 Users High Fived Slick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    Lock has been on this team longer than Allen, who had never taken a snap in the NFL. They got him ready to play in a week. They should be doing the same for Lock.
    Brandon Allen was picked in 2016 and had the benefit of learning from Sean McVay for two seasons.

Anyway - everyone wants to see Lock. I'm not mad that they're doing everything they can to set him up for success.

9. The Following 3 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

In this age of the quarterback, if you’re drafting quarterbacks not ready to play, you’re doing it wrong.
    The very limited supply of "ready-to-play" quarterbacks coming out of college means that if you're not going to draft one unless he's ready to play, then you're not drafting any quarterbacks. There simply aren't enough of them coming out to say, "we're not drafting one unless he's primed and ready." It's just not possible.

11. The Following 4 Users High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

RE: Fangio's comments on Lock.

I think it's one of two things, or somewhere inbetween. Either Buff is right, or, alternatively, Fangio is just not wanting to paint himself and the organization into a corner. If he says now, "Lock's playing in week X", then they're stuck playing him in Week X whether or not he's ready.

I think they have a timeline they're working off of, but they're not going to put that out there and hamstring themselves (and Lock for that matter).

It's either that, or Buff is right, and he's just not there, and isn't going to be there this season.

13. The Following User High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    The very limited supply of "ready-to-play" quarterbacks coming out of college means that if you're not going to draft one unless he's ready to play, then you're not drafting any quarterbacks. There simply aren't enough of them coming out to say, "we're not drafting one unless he's primed and ready." It's just not possible.
    Agreed. Plus, it’s a huge jump from college to the Pro’s. Look at how many early 1st round QB’s have flopped.
    Bill Williamson:

"The Broncos went from one of the more attractive organizations in the NFL to one in total disarray. McDaniels will go down as one of the most reviled figures in Denver sports history".

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by turftoad View Post
    Agreed. Plus, it’s a huge jump from college to the Pro’s. Look at how many early 1st round QB’s have flopped.
    Many backups (late rounders) have not done well either. Especially in Denver's case.

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    I think playing Lock the rest of the year would give you a pretty good idea if he can be the future or at least someone to build around. Its not about winning ballgames anymore as it is about how he performs while in there.
    Fair points.

I just see it from the other side. The kid was raw to begin with, and now is coming back in after a few months with nothing. Its not fair to try an assess someone fully with only partial prep.

I see where you are coming from though.

17. The Following 3 Users High Fived Krugan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Krugan View Post
    Fair points.

I just see it from the other side. The kid was raw to begin with, and now is coming back in after a few months with nothing. Its not fair to try an assess someone fully with only partial prep.

I see where you are coming from though.
    I think if we were talking 20-30 years ago having a guy sit would be fine, but in today's NFL teams need to know sooner rather than later what they have in these guys as the turnarounds for many franchises can happen pretty fast. It would just be nice to know going into next year of whether or not Lock can handle the NFL and can be the guy going forward. If he doesnt play a down this year and then find out next year that he sucks anyway than that is a year wasted trying to find that out. The good news in that scenario though is if that is how it plays out the next couple of years we will be in prime position to grab Trevor Lawrence who i like more anyway.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Fangio expects an 'aggressive' Bills defense

Nov 21, 2019
    Head Coach Vic Fangio talks about what he expects from the Bills' defense on Sunday, gives injury updates and acknowledges the similarities between the Broncos' losses this season.
    https://www.denverbroncos.com/video/...-bills-defense

#DENvsBUF: OC Rich Scangarello

Nov 21, 2019
    Offensive Coordinator Rich Scangarello talks about what he's seen from Brandon Allen through two weeks, how Joe Flacco has helped the Broncos' young quarterbacks and how the offense will adjust to Courtland Sutton being double-teamed.
    https://www.denverbroncos.com/video/...ch-scangarello

#DENvsBUF: DC Ed Donatell

Nov 21, 2019
    Defensive Coordinator Ed Donatell talks about the Broncos' defensive performance in the second half against the Vikings, how he's been coaching CB Davontae Harris this week and why DT Shelby Harris had a big game in Minnesota.
    https://www.denverbroncos.com/video/...dc-ed-donatell

#DENvsBUF: OLB Von Miller

Nov 21, 2019
    Outside linebacker Von Miller talks about organizing the Broncos' team dinner after the Vikings' game, playing against a "tough" Bills offense and what he's seen from Shelby Harris this season.
    https://www.denverbroncos.com/video/...olb-von-miller

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

In my mind, the debate isn't whether or not Lock should play immediately. I don't think he should, because he hasn't practiced or seen even any semblance of live action for 8 weeks.

The debate should be whether or not he should have gone to IR with his injury. Because of that designation, he hasn't been able to practice or participate in team activities. It would be silly to strut him out there this week, or arguably next week.

Again, we can debate the IR designation, but playing him right now would be a mistake.

21. The Following 7 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

That's a measured post, Joe. I appreciate it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

23. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Mike Klis
    ‏Verified account @MikeKlis
    2h2 hours ago

Mike Klis Retweeted Mike Klis

Elway-Russell scouting tour of 2019 begins with Ohio State-Penn State game Saturday in Columbus where Buckeye CB Jeff Okudah is among top prospects. Elway-Russell will meet team in Buffalo for game Sunday. #9sports

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

25. The Following 3 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information