Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Report: Growing strife in Denver between head coach Vic Fangio and his players and staff.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Default Report: Growing strife in Denver between head coach Vic Fangio and his players and staff.

I'm historically not a huge Jason La Canfora fan, and don't always put a ton of stock in the national stories like this... But if nothing else, some of these quotes seem to indicate a lot of tension between Fangio and the offensive assistants. Not super encouraging.

"There is a negative reaction to almost every offensive play call," said one source with knowledge of the situation.

Other sources noted a disconnect between the offense and defense as well, with Fangio's "people skills," in their minds, lacking. There is almost no discussion beyond football, sources said, and that, coupled with some staff and personnel issues as well as lingering angst over an eventual sale of this franchise, has created a difficult climate around the team.
    "Pretty much everyone gets treated like (crap)," said one source with knowledge of the situation, "but if anything I think it's brought the (coaches) on offense closer together."

2. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

"There is a negative reaction to almost every offensive play call," said one source with knowledge of the situation.
    I mean ...27th in total offense, 28th in the passing game, 28th in points ...

Maybe there’s a reason for that?
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

4. The Following 10 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I mean ...27th in total offense, 28th in the passing game, 28th in points ...

Maybe there’s a reason for that?
    Right - it strikes me as the type of thing that winning would fix, or a little bit of success on that side of the ball... So I hope it's more about that than any flawed management style. Could just be one offensive assistant having a pity party here.

6. The Following 3 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Right - it strikes me as the type of thing that winning would fix, or a little bit of success on that side of the ball... So I hope it's more about that than any flawed management style. Could just be one offensive assistant having a pity party here.
    I’ve been grumbling all year about play calling, as everyone obviously knows, so I’m predisposed to agree with, reportedly, Fangio here. But when you’re bottom five in the league and the head coach isn’t happy, this isn’t on the head coach’s ******* people skills.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

8. The Following 5 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

The offensive staff has its feelings hurt cause Vic is probably not kissing their ass......
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

10. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

To me it is fangio, he will not release The offense to let it fly. He wants a run first team and that is old school like him.

Adopted Bronco:
    Derek Wolfe

Fighting like two retards over a booger.

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived BigDaddyBronco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

Nothing credible here. If memory serves, La Canfora used to be fairly reliable with the latest on Steeler drama last year and wrote a favorable pieces painting Munchak as our front runner. Maybe this is coming from Munchak, where there seems to be a strong correlation between La Canfora coverage and where this guy is working.

Allbright refuted it and Schefter (whose inside source seems to be Elway himself) hasn't confirmed.

Fangio also needs to get that 2nd half defense fixed. It’s pathetic. If any Broncos defenders are reading this, I’m not scared. You probably couldn’t come close to stopping me either.
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

16. The Following 6 Users High Fived spikerman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Get rid of the coaches/players he doesn’t like, bye Felicia.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

18. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by spikerman View Post
    Fangio also needs to get that 2nd half defense fixed. It’s pathetic. If any Broncos defenders are reading this, I’m not scared. You probably couldn’t come close to stopping me either.
    Don’t listen to Spiker, Broncos defenders, you saved the team from a huge mistake today.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

20. The Following 3 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

I liked the Fangio hire - but it’s hard not to wonder if all this pain could have been avoided simply hiring Kyle Shanahan over Vance Joseph.

Some mistakes you don’t recover from.

22. The Following 10 Users High Fived tomjonesrocks For This Post:

Personal skills matter...

I've noticed a trend with Fangio and how he speaks about others. I don't blame him for being upset with his coaches. But you can't treat everyone like crap and expect to allure anyone worth getting to come here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

24. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by tomjonesrocks View Post
    I liked the Fangio hire - but it’s hard not to wonder if all this pain could have been avoided simply hiring Kyle Shanahan over Vance Joseph.

Some mistakes you don’t recover from.
    I agree with you 1000% on this. And all of that can be placed squarely at John's feet. as much as I've been an elway apologist for the last couple of years because his drafting acumen seems to have improved immensely, I cannot defend him on this one.

he became obsessed with Vance Joseph when Mike Brown wouldn't allow us to sign him as defensive coordinator and I've said this before, and cheek but it's reality. Mike Brown deserves a ring as much as elway does for keeping elway from hiring Vance Joseph as our defensive coordinator. John spent two years pining over the girl he couldn't have and then gave perfunctory interviews to people like Kyle shanahan when to everybody in the world knew that Joseph would be the hire.

if you just imagine that we could be three years into Kyle shanahan's tenure with Wade Phillips still as our defensive coordinator tell me how that sits with you. Phillips is still one of the premier defensive coordinators in the game and we could have one of the premier offensive minds in the game as our young head coach. This by the way is the guy who has led the niners to a 9 and 1 record in the NFC West.
    Last edited by Jsteve01; 11-17-2019 at 11:15 PM.

26. The Following 9 Users High Fived Jsteve01 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Could have Kyle Shanatan and Scangereally? as QB Coach with Wade Phillips as DC.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

28. The Following 3 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information