Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Report: Growing strife in Denver between head coach Vic Fangio and his players and staff.

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    Both CHJ and Von came out and said the report is "absolute bullshit".

Sounds like Mr. La Canfora has been outed as a gossip hound and no longer should be taken seriously. Hey, maybe TMZ is hiring.
    After listening to his interview yesterday, it's pretty clear that he does have good sources inside Dove Valley. The players are spouting the company line here.

It seems like the sources are not players anyway but some of Fangio's coaches. It's also possible that someone in the front office near Elway is leaking as well.

This does not mean that the problem is as dire as he indicates. But, it would be ridiculous to assume that a team can lose it's first 4 games and then go on to a 3-7 record and there's no conflicts and dispute either among the players or coaching staff and front office.

Such conflicts have abounded the last 3 years and resulted in 2 coaches leaving and Elway firing numerous assistant coaches as well.

There is just no doubt that there is serious dysfunction in Dove Valley, but that does not mean they can't get it together and adapt. But, they need significantly better players to accomplish this.

Unfortunately, the Broncos best players like Chris Harris Derek Wolfe, and Justin Simmons are not under contract for next year. IF they leave as expected, then the defense would be significantly weaker in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    Unfortunately, the Broncos best players like Chris Harris Derek Wolfe, and Justin Simmons are not under contract for next year. IF they leave as expected, then the defense would be significantly weaker in 2020.
    ”As expected” by who? Yes, there has been talk about Wolfe and CHJ, but I don’t believe I’ve seen anybody report that Simmons is thought to be leaving.
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

3. The Following User High Fived spikerman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by spikerman View Post
    ”As expected” by who? Yes, there has been talk about Wolfe and CHJ, but I don’t believe I’ve seen anybody report that Simmons is thought to be leaving.
    I’m not sure Harris or Wolfe would fall under the category of our best players any more either

5. The Following User High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I’m not sure Harris or Wolfe would fall under the category of our best players any more either
    Solid starters for sure. Those are always hard to replace. But seems like keeping them would be overpaying for the performance you get.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’ve been grumbling all year about play calling, as everyone obviously knows, so I’m predisposed to agree with, reportedly, Fangio here. But when you’re bottom five in the league and the head coach isn’t happy, this isn’t on the head coach’s ******* people skills.
    Your avatar has reached a heretofore level of awesomeness never achieved by humanity...I salute you sir and wish the Broncos had drafted baby Yoda when they had the chance!
    Famous quotes by me:
    "When life gives you lemons, it's probably trying to occupy your hands so it can kick you in the nuts."
    "There is a fine line between genius and insanity... stupid has no such boundaries."

- Gimpygod | I'm famous suckers! Video proof

9. The Following User High Fived Gimpygod For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I have to admit that I saw the word count and my eyes jumped about, looking for payoff. I read the ending, some leading sentences, but nothing grabbed me.

Kinger is an incisive fellow, that much is plain. But sometimes we just ramble and I wonder if that is the case here.

On the other hand, I should just buckle in and read his words. I think my impatience got the better of me, as it does from time to time.

Sorry Kinger.
    You should see these old timey things they called books! Many exceeded 300 pages of nothing but words..crazy. Great Wall of Text is what books should have been called amIright?!
    Famous quotes by me:
    "When life gives you lemons, it's probably trying to occupy your hands so it can kick you in the nuts."
    "There is a fine line between genius and insanity... stupid has no such boundaries."

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived Gimpygod For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Gimpygod View Post
    You should see these old timey things they called books! Many exceeded 300 pages of nothing but words..crazy. Great Wall of Text is what books should have been called amIright?!
    :shudders:

Go tell these scary stories elsewhere!

"You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    We have had bitch ass players in our LR for a long time....Kubiak was a players coach through and through....VJ was a wannabe players coach...Fangio tells it how it is doesn't play favorites and is pretty blunt about it. No doubt in this new woke generation people have some hurt feelings about being told they aren't doing very well...
    But we ain’t winning, if Fangio was a straight shooter dick and we were 7-3 I would have to listen. Heck, if we were 9-1, he could be baby Hitler and I would be all “both sides people!” As to today’s athletes being overly sensitive is a non starter argument. Coaches have to win with the talent available now and not time traveling players who wear leather helmets, eat gravel and find verbal abuse invigorating. Bill Parcels was a notorious hard ass and would give LT a handy if 56 managed to make a team meeting 30 minutes late and only half drunk 🥴.
    Famous quotes by me:

14. The Following 3 Users High Fived Gimpygod For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

...and not time traveling players who wear leather helmets, eat gravel and find verbal abuse invigorating. Bill Parcels was a notorious hard ass and would give LT a handy if 56 managed to make a team meeting 30 minutes late and only half drunk ��.
    dude this is poetry

16. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    Its interesting for sure....Devontae Had poor coverage and let digs burn him a bit, cost us 7 points, Chris Harris and the safety didn't communicate and it cost us 7, Dawson failed in coverage on Rudolph cost us 7......21 points we gave them in the second half and we had players in position to stop all 21 points and failed to do so.....not sure any adjustment could have solved what happened....
    The adjustments where those things are accounted for and don’t happen. All football games come down to execution on a few plays, good and smart coaches make adjustments to put their players in favorable position.
    Famous quotes by me:

18. The Following User High Fived Gimpygod For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Bill Parcels was a notorious hard ass and would give LT a handy if 56 managed to make a team meeting 30 minutes late and only half drunk ��.
    I sure wish I played for bill parcels

20. The Following 2 Users High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by spikerman View Post
    Do you listen to Denver Sports Radio (104.3 The Fan and Altitude Sports)? It's reported all the time.

Simmons signed a 4 year $3m contract in 2016 which expires this season. Elway once again failed to re-sign one of his star players BEFORE their contract expired so Simmons is a FA after this year.

Simmons is expected to make the Pro-Bowl this year and he will be possibly the top FA S in the market. He is expected to get around a $14m a year contract like other top S's - From OTC OvertheCap:

Kevin Byard Titans Total Value: $70,500,000 Average per Season:$14,100,000 $30,825,000 Guaranteed 2025 UFA
    Tyrann Mathieu Chefs $42,000,000 $14,000,000 $26,800,000 2022 UFA
    Landon Collins Redskins $84,000,000 $14,000,000 $44,500,000 2025 UFA
    Earl Thomas Ravens $55,000,000 $13,750,000 $32,000,000 2023 UFA
    Reshad Jones Dolphins $48,000,000 $12,000,000 $33,000,000 2022 UFA

Simmons will get a contract somewhere north of $14m a year on the open market. Denver will have to over-pay to keep him. Doubtful Elway is willing to give him a $50m + contract.

THAT is why it is assumed that Simmons might not be back. Certainly they are not keeping all three -- Harris, Simmons and Wolfe.

Once again Elway's idiot strategy of waiting until players hit FA and THEN trying to negotiate a "Team friendly deal" keeps backfiring on him.

But we ain’t winning, if Fangio was a straight shooter dick and we were 7-3 I would have to listen. Heck, if we were 9-1, he could be baby Hitler and I would be all “both sides people!” As to today’s athletes being overly sensitive is a non starter argument. Coaches have to win with the talent available now and not time traveling players who wear leather helmets, eat gravel and find verbal abuse invigorating. Bill Parcels was a notorious hard ass and would give LT a handy if 56 managed to make a team meeting 30 minutes late and only half drunk ��.
    Modern coaching: Basically this.

versus:

And not this:

NFL stars make tens of millions of $. They aren't desperate so they don't take kindly to coaches abuse. Ex: Antonio Brown can be a complete and total ass-hat and get himself barred from the NFL and it will make no difference to his ability to buy his own island. He's already made so much money he doesn't really need the job, he just wants the limelight.
    Last edited by Cugel; 11-22-2019 at 10:35 AM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Solid starters for sure. Those are always hard to replace. But seems like keeping them would be overpaying for the performance you get.
    I would throw Von in that mix as well. Way to much money for lack of production.

24. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    I would throw Von in that mix as well. Way to much money for lack of production.
    It's true.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information