Thread: Charles Rogers Passes Away at 38

Default Charles Rogers Passes Away at 38

This is beyond sad. Rest in peace, Charles. I feel so sorry for you. I feel so sorry for your parents. No parent should have to bury their child.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ate-wr-dies-38

Former Michigan State star and Detroit Lions wide receiver Charles Rogers has died at age 38.

Rogers' former high school coaches told mlive.com that Rogers died from liver failure and that he recently was diagnosed with cancer.

"I called his mom at the hospital over the weekend and got a chance to talk to Charles," Don Durrett, Rogers' former football coach at Saginaw High School, told mlive.com. "He said he was going to the Lord."

Neither Durrett nor Marshall Thomas, the former basketball coach and athletic director at Saginaw High, specified what type of cancer Rogers was diagnosed with.

"He had cancer, whether that was related to his liver I don't know," Thomas told mlive.com. "They had given him 30 days to live if he didn't get a liver transplant."
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

He's not that much older than me. I can't stop thinking about how my mom would feel if she had to bury me, and that's what his mom is going through with her son. Such misery.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

He showed flashes on the field but it never really turned in to anything. I think he was a good guy that had some problems.
    This is to bad. To early. Rip
    Bill Williamson:

"The Broncos went from one of the more attractive organizations in the NFL to one in total disarray. McDaniels will go down as one of the most reviled figures in Denver sports history".

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    He's not that much older than me. I can't stop thinking about how my mom would feel if she had to bury me, and that's what his mom is going through with her son. Such misery.
    Will these thoughts change how you live to make that reality less likely?

6. The Following User High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    Will these thoughts change how you live to make that reality less likely?
    The hell should I know? That's kind of a complicated question, and I've not even had breakfast yet!

This is beyond sad. Rest in peace, Charles. I feel so sorry for you. I feel so sorry for your parents. No parent should have to bury their child.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ate-wr-dies-38

Former Michigan State star and Detroit Lions wide receiver Charles Rogers has died at age 38.

Rogers' former high school coaches told mlive.com that Rogers died from liver failure and that he recently was diagnosed with cancer.

"I called his mom at the hospital over the weekend and got a chance to talk to Charles," Don Durrett, Rogers' former football coach at Saginaw High School, told mlive.com. "He said he was going to the Lord."

Neither Durrett nor Marshall Thomas, the former basketball coach and athletic director at Saginaw High, specified what type of cancer Rogers was diagnosed with.

"He had cancer, whether that was related to his liver I don't know," Thomas told mlive.com. "They had given him 30 days to live if he didn't get a liver transplant."
    That sucks! RIP Charles Rogers.
    Too bad she doesn't cheer for the Patriots dressed like this

9. The Following User High Fived MNPatsFan For This Post:

King, you'd be missed too!
    Too bad she doesn't cheer for the Patriots dressed like this

11. The Following User High Fived MNPatsFan For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information