Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Practice / press conference notes - week 11 (Vikings week)

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Krugan View Post
    Ive been reading scouting and pre draft reports about Lock today, ive seen comparisons to Paxton Lynch at least 2 times 1 here (not real familiar with this group) https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/drew-lock

I cant imagine he was drafted to start this year, at all. He was a project from the get go....

Im not really sure that trotting him out there, on limited practice, is going to give any real useful information on him at all. Had he been practicing all along, then you can make a more solid analysis, but as it sits right now, no matter how many games he plays, your still looking at a project with minimal time in a project role.
    Then in my opinion Denver should move him elsewhere and draft a QB next year who is more NFL ready. We need to get that position solidified now, not later.

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Sadly we really dont, had Manning chose to go elsewhere we would have been on 10 plus years of bad football. We may still face that as we speak.
    There's no telling what would've happened had Manning not come here. Maybe we drafted a QB higher, maybe we hit on one with a high pick, etc.

Then in my opinion Denver should move him elsewhere and draft a QB next year who is more NFL ready. We need to get that position solidified now, not later.
    Not going to argue that.

Just saying the idea of playing him this year is really kinda irrelevant. How can you get a good read on someone who is only just getting to practice, but needed alot to begin with.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    There's no telling what would've happened had Manning not come here. Maybe we drafted a QB higher, maybe we hit on one with a high pick, etc.
    Im not confident in that at all, nothing has shown me we would have done that personally.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Not going to argue that.

Just saying the idea of playing him this year is really kinda irrelevant. How can you get a good read on someone who is only just getting to practice, but needed alot to begin with.
    It was always my understanding that Lock was a true first round grade, not a reach like Lynch. But, if you are correct and Lock is just another project than waiting for another 2 years only to find out he is another bust is just wasted time.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

And, if Lock is truly a project than i think we can get used to seeing more Flacco next year. Its been Elway's MO when it comes to his pet projects.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

It was always my understanding that Lock was a true first round grade, not a reach like Lynch. But, if you are correct and Lock is just another project than waiting for another 2 years only to find out he is another bust is just wasted time.
    I say we draft the best QB we can get regardless. Nothing wrong with finding two guys that can play the position as one can be used for a nice trade if it comes to that.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    I say we draft the best QB we can get regardless. Nothing wrong with finding two guys that can play the position as one can be used for a nice trade if it comes to that.
    Its an option but we also need Oline help in the worst way. Its why if we at least played Lock this year we could see if the potential is there or not.

I don’t think we can expect Lock to come in light it up. I think the team just needs to see signs that he “gets it.”
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

11. The Following 4 Users High Fived spikerman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

It isnt about winning ballgames, its about whether or not he can play the position.

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

You mean as opposed to the Elway plan of:

1. Joe Flacco is the future this year and for the next 2, so renegotiate his contract so as to have more dead cap space next year if they move on from Flacco?

2. Don't play Drew Lock so we don't see what we have in him! Instead waste time with scrubs like Brandon Allen?

3. Don't draft a QB next year because they have Drew Lock, although they have no idea whether he will ever be a franchise QB?

That plan? I like your plan better.

It isnt about winning ballgames, its about whether or not he can play the position.
    Exactly! What the FLIP is the point of winning games this year when it only gets you a worse draft position?

"We haven't given up on the season!"

Well, then they are criminally stupid, because after you lose the first 4 games, the season is done. Period. Nobody is making the playoffs after 0-4. You'd have to go 10-2 the rest of the way to get a wild card. And at 3-6? They'd have to win out.

There is ZERO chance of that happening, and the fact they can't understand and accept that reality is proof of negligent mismanagement.

Elway is just trying to have a winning record because of his ego, but 9-7 would be the absolute worst thing that could happen to this team.

Fortunately they are incapable of winning 6 games, so Elway is protected from his own incompetence. He might be trying to "win now" but they are getting a top 5 draft pick regardless.

So being 2 games out of first in the west doesnt mean anything?

I mean really there isnt anyone in this division running away with anything....

Again, the goal is to win every game, I dont see why trying to win is a bad thing.

And secondly, with the amount of bitching about how we draft, should we not be rooting we cant **** up a high selection, by not having a high selection?
    Last edited by Krugan; 11-12-2019 at 06:56 PM.

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived Krugan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

So being 2 games out of first in the west doesnt mean anything?

I mean really there isnt anyone in this division running away with anything....

Again, the goal is to win every game, I dont see why trying to win is a bad thing.

And secondly, with the amount of bitching about how we draft, should you not be rooting we cant **** up a high selection, by not having a high selection?
    http://www.playoffstatus.com/nfl/nflpostseasonprob.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

“Never tell me the odds!”
    -John Solo. Probably.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information