Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Practice / press conference notes - week 11 (Vikings week)

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    The Kaepernick workout is ridiculous.
    fify.

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    He did ok - way to build up your young QB's confidence, coach.

We know John calls all the QB shots, don't worry.

Oh, we're going to be competitive and develop QB's? Did John give you that line?

Fangs is annoying.

If the kid cant handle being called ok then he does not have what it takes to be the QBotf for this team anyway.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    If the kid cant handle being called ok then he does not have what it takes to be the QBotf for this team anyway.
    Agreed.

But i guess in this day and age safe spaces are needed. Lol

6. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

It's not about him being able to handle it. It's about showing support for your young potential QBotF. Didn't Fangio give Flacco a lot of love earlier on in the year/offseason? So it's not like it's asking a ton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

It's not about him being able to handle it. It's about showing support for your young potential QBotF. Didn't Fangio give Flacco a lot of love earlier on in the year/offseason? So it's not like it's asking a ton.
    Who cares. The kid knows he has the support. They traded up for him. This is nit picky. I doubt anyone thought anything about it. If he was good to great theyd say it. He wasnt. I do not expect him to be. Not without playing and practicing for so long. He is what he is right now. A rook who hasnt played in forever. No need to blow sunshine and rainbows up his ass.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Who cares. The kid knows he has the support. They traded up for him. This is nit picky. I doubt anyone thought anything about it. If he was good to great theyd say it. He wasnt. I do not expect him to be. Not without playing and practicing for so long. He is what he is right now. A rook who hasnt played in forever. No need to blow sunshine and rainbows up his ass.
    Yes, who cares if their boss has any belief in them? It's nit picky - I was told it was nit picky when our last coach did shit like this. I mean why show any meaningful support to a kid who hasn't practiced in awhile and is a rook...

Goodness.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Agreed.

But i guess in this day and age safe spaces are needed. Lol
    Who said anything about a safe space?

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Who said anything about a safe space?
    It basically comes across like that. If Lock is any worth a damn as a QB he wont need to be coddled with "Man, he is fantastic" when he hasnt taken a snap in months. Im with UR, the comments made were much ado about nothing and highly doubt it affects Drew's psyche in any way. If it does, i dont want him as my QB.

13. The Following 4 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

It basically comes across like that. If Lock is any worth a damn as a QB he wont need to be coddled with "Man, he is fantastic" when he hasnt taken a snap in months. Im with UR, the comments made were much ado about nothing and highly doubt it affects Drew's psyche in any way. If it does, i dont want him as my QB.
    I don't think it should. It's just annoying and seems counteractive to not big up a guy in that situation. Especially since the last coach we had did shit like that. I don't need Fangio to suck the guy's dick off, but it's not an either or thing. It's not about Lock, it's about Fangio.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I don't think it should. It's just annoying and seems counteractive to not big up a guy in that situation. Especially since the last coach we had did shit like that. I don't need Fangio to suck the guy's dick off, but it's not an either or thing. It's not about Lock, it's about Fangio.
    Im just not sure what Fangio can really say since he and the other coaches simply have not seen Drew take any snaps in a while. The other possibility is maybe he doesnt want to create to much buzz with the fanbase knowing that we are all waiting for Drew to take the reigns to see what he has. So maybe Vic is being patient as to not create a "Tebowmania" type of scenario until Drew is truly ready to take the field. I would assume the sword cuts both ways, if Fangio comes out and says he looked polished and ready to go and we still went with Allen the fanbase and media would be questioning why he wasnt starting. Just a thought.

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Im just not sure what Fangio can really say since he and the other coaches simply have not seen Drew take any snaps in a while. The other possibility is maybe he doesnt want to create to much buzz with the fanbase knowing that we are all waiting for Drew to take the reigns to see what he has. So maybe Vic is being patient as to not create a "Tebowmania" type of scenario until Drew is truly ready to take the field. I would assume the sword cuts both ways, if Fangio comes out and says he looked polished and ready to go and we still went with Allen the fanbase and media would be questioning why he wasnt starting. Just a thought.
    I feel you. I guess if he couldn't speak to the issue he wouldn't have said it was okay. I don't need Fangio to talk about him like he's the next Marino.

18. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

I feel you. I guess if he couldn't speak to the issue he wouldn't have said it was okay. I don't need Fangio to talk about him like he's the next Marino.
    Not trying to to be an ass here, but its going to come off that way.

Do you think Lock needs to hear he is better than okay, or do you? Because im pretty sure this kid doesnt need daily affirmations, but im kinda getting the feeling you are in this instance.
    Last edited by Krugan; 11-13-2019 at 05:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    "Endless loyalty"

You clearly have reading comprehension problems. There's an end, he has a contract.
    Most GMs do NOT get to finish their contracts any more than players do if they underperform their contracts.

5-11, followed by 6-10 followed by 5-11 again or worse is underperforming. I don't know why this is so complicated for you people. He's not doing his job.

It's not even debatable at this point. The Broncos have one of the worst records in the NFL over the last three years. And it's not getting any better. It's actively getting worse.

It used to be possible for fans to think "it's all Vance Joseph's fault! The team is not that bad, it's just really bad coaching." That excuse won't wash any more.

It's not on the coaching staff (although Fangio hasn't be great).

Mark Schlereth is right. This team lacks talent, they lack depth at almost every position; they make horrible player personnel moves (this part cannot be disputed); their FAs are busts; they can't find a franchise QB and worse refuse to commit to even seriously looking for one.

Roundup of Fangio's presser today: "There's just no sense of urgency at all in getting Lock on the field." -- Brandon Stokely.

And why is there "no sense of urgency"? Because the team "still thinks they can win now."

I didn't make up that indictment of Broncos management. It's all over the news, everywhere the Broncos are discussed. Nationally, the team is a laughing stock. NFL observers are privately shaking their heads at the dysfunction in Denver.

Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Of course this is correct. The question however, is "why, having drafted a QB in the second round, do you not prepare to play him in a lost season?"

And the only answer is "John Elway keeps refusing to admit the season is lost until they lose their 9th game."

Why are they afraid the fans will want Drew Lock to start? Because Elway still plans on starting Joe Flacco next season and doesn't want the fans to get their hopes of seeing Drew Lock up. If he showed any kind of progress over the course of a season, the fans would expect to see him start next year.

And Elway still intends on sticking with Joe Flacco.

That's just plain stupid. The notion this team can do anything with Joe Flacco at QB if they just improve the OL or just improve the TEs and can somehow win like in 2015 is just flat stupid.

Anybody can look at NFL history. Once every 10 years a team wins a SB with just defense and a crap offense, with bad QB play.

The Bears did it in '85, the Ravens in 2000, the Bucs in 2002, and the 2015 Broncos. That's it. The Bears have been trying to replicate that success since 1985 with no success.

They even got back to the SB in 2005 with a pretty great defense, but lost because they had Rex Grossman and were going up against Peyton Manning.

That formula has never allowed ANY team in NFL history to repeat. It just doesn't work.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information