Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Practice / press conference notes - week 11 (Vikings week)

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Because he brought two super bowls in half a decade....most likely
    Winning one and he won "a few" other trophies along the way as well.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Lock looked OK im preseason and his play approved in the limited time he had played

I dont think he should have even been on IR for a thumb injury that didn't need surgery.

They thought itnwas going to be Flacco all year then they got a rude awakening.

He should have been practicing immediately when Flacco was out.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

3. The Following User High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Greg Dulcich

We should have IR’ed Callahan and kept Lock inactive (Allen as backup) until Lock was healed. I’m not sure how they think Lock would progress by not practicing. We need to see Lock play at least 3-4 games this season or else the season is mostly a waste.

Stupidity is also a gift of God, but one mustn't misuse it. ---- Pope John Paul II

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived Bronco4ever For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Krugan View Post
    Honestly, are they supposed to try and win or just tank? How does that promote a positive culture?

Man, i swear, there is no way to do right. Just follow the fan flow of emotions and have no structure....
    For the record, I’m not advocating for tanking. I’m solely advocating drafting a quarterback and building around him, not trying to build this makeshift offense with a “veteran,” while the rookie sits with no reps. Lock should have been practicing the second he was even remotely healthy, which is why IR was so baffling. If he’s not even ready for that, ****, what are they doing in the scouting department?
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

7. The Following 3 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    For the record, I’m not advocating for tanking. I’m solely advocating drafting a quarterback and building around him, not trying to build this makeshift offense with a “veteran,” while the rookie sits with no reps. Lock should have been practicing the second he was even remotely healthy, which is why IR was so baffling. If he’s not even ready for that, ****, what are they doing in the scouting department?
    No disagreement there. I think the main issue lies with the scouting. If Lock is our guy let's see it. If not, get the best QB we can get in this upcoming class and let's roll.

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Ill agree here, but he cant be out there right now, just not a good plan after not having reps since august.

They screwed the pouch here for sure.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

But thats the thing WHY no practice since August? He shouldn't have been shelved for so long. I think Elwat and Co. thought theyd be better than 3-6 and that theyd take Tim and Theo off IR and taht woulda boosted the offense If they were closer to .500.

Very narrow thinking there staking it all on Flacco.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    But thats the thing WHY no practice since August? He shouldn't have been shelved for so long. I think Elwat and Co. thought theyd be better than 3-6 and that theyd take Tim and Theo off IR and taht woulda boosted the offense If they were closer to .500.

Or maybe they thought the injury would take longer to heal than it did.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post

Or maybe they thought the injury would take longer to heal than it did.
    It was a sprained thumb. No surgery required. Players have come back to start for less.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

It was a sprained thumb. No surgery required. Players have come back to start for less.
    Sure, and they thought it would take longer to heal, they didn't want to carry three QBs on the 53, and they would be morons to think they could get him on the PS.

There were a few other guys (Callahan etc) they should've stashed on IR and didn't but when you can ONLY bring back two people you can't stash everyone. You keep the guys who you expect to need sooner off IR.

There are very rational thoughts to why he was on IR.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    Sure, and they thought it would take longer to heal, they didn't want to carry three QBs on the 53, and they would be morons to think they could get him on the PS.

There were a few other guys (Callahan etc) they should've stashed on IR and didn't but when you can ONLY bring back two people you can't stash everyone. You keep the guys who you expect to need sooner off IR.

There are very rational thoughts to why he was on IR.
    So you think theres no issue with Them bringing him along as they have

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

There is being cautious and then there is coddling a young QB because you are afraid of breaking his mentality. If Lock cant handle adversity than he's the wrong guy for the job, nuff said.

16. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

So you think theres no issue with Them bringing him along as they have
    I myself don’t think so.
    Flacco was supposed to start and play well. He started. Enough said.
    That would have given Lock some time to become acclimated. Most teams would like to give time to rookies. As we all know it’s a huge jump from college to the Pro’s.
    There is no perfect world I guess.
    Bill Williamson:

"The Broncos went from one of the more attractive organizations in the NFL to one in total disarray. McDaniels will go down as one of the most reviled figures in Denver sports history".

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Theyre just in such a bad situation with good QBs coming out next year. Den CANNOT miss on Drafting a QB next year and by whiffing on Lock. That is a recipe for disaster.

He shoulda been activated as soon as his hand was healed and been practicing.

Keep in mind They trotted out a guy with zero starts last week...

19. The Following User High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Is Drew Lock not mentally ready to run Broncos offense?

https://www.milehighreport.com/2019/...roncos-offense

Elway: Rookie Drew Lock 'not ready to go right now'

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...o-go-right-now

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information