Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: If Brandon Allen Makes This Looks So Easy...

Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    I'm being completely honest. I haven't followed them closely this year. But I know that cousins is playing at even higher level than he was last year. I don't have any insight I'm just looking at a top 8 offense kind of quarterback who looks better now than he did in 2018.
    Competition/schedule is easier. Expectations are lower since the missed the postseason last year. For the OC position, they fired DeFilipo last year and had some success with the interm OC, Stefanski. Stefanski is now their OC full time.

Kubiak is an assistant coach.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

2. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I know what you mean, but in this case Kubes was the play caller for two terrible broncos offenses

He is not the OC or the QB coach in minny

So I sort of agree with king......... just without the extreme anti Kubes vitriol
    I don't have vitriol towards GK. Now TS and Keenum, oh baby!
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

4. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    It is kind of strange how anything positive that happens around Kubiak is to somebody else's credit, while any negatives reside solely on his shoulders.
    Yeah, like when his team won a SB with his great offe...

Or when the Vikings offense is sporting great QB production sin...last year...and how the OC then and now should give him cre...

If anything I'm simply giving credit in more appropriate places.

Our offenses sucked with him and he put PFM out of the shotgun and into the Pistol.

Then he goes to a team with a productive QB and somehow as an assistant coach, not even the OC, he's supposed to get the credit?

No. I won't stand for such foolery.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Kubiak isnt just an assistant hes assistant HC... Lets not pretend he doesnt have a big role.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Kubiak isnt just an assistant hes assistant HC... Lets not pretend he doesnt have a big role.
    I'm sure he's much more vital to the OC who got a lot out of Cousins last year and this year.

This reeks of working backwards and trying to find a way to give Kubiak credit. If Cousins had always sucked and then Kubiak shows up and there's a change, then sure. But the exact opposite is at play.

If you all want to drool over a guy booted because he wanted his old crew and didn't want to update his offense, go ahead.

Thank god his defensive prowess won us a Supe....dammit that still doesn't work!

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    I'm sure he's much more vital to the OC who got a lot out of Cousins last year and this year.

This reeks of working backwards and trying to find a way to give Kubiak credit. If Cousins had always sucked and then Kubiak shows up and there's a change, then sure. But the exact opposite is at play.

If you all want to drool over a guy booted because he wanted his old crew and didn't want to update his offense, go ahead.

Thank god his defensive prowess won us a Supe....dammit that still doesn't work!
    Your hate him like he did nothing good in Denver for years its weird.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

In World War One..... trench warfare was all the rage, we won that bad boy , ergo all future wars must be in trenches

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Just cause im trying to get a grasp on where you are coming from, when did you become a bronco fan?

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Yeah, like when his team won a SB with his great offe...

Or when the Vikings offense is sporting great QB production sin...last year...and how the OC then and now should give him cre...

If anything I'm simply giving credit in more appropriate places.

Our offenses sucked with him and he put PFM out of the shotgun and into the Pistol.

Then he goes to a team with a productive QB and somehow as an assistant coach, not even the OC, he's supposed to get the credit?

No. I won't stand for such foolery.

I am reminded of a long-running argument I had at BroncosFreak circa 2007. The argument at the time being that Kubiak did it all, and Shanahan just basked in the glory of Kubiak's hard work. That Kubiak was responsible for all of the game-planning and play-calling (certainly he was the play-caller at the end), and Shanny was just a figurehead. The best evidence of this was how mediocre the Broncos became after Kubiak went to Houston.

I argued that Shanahan deserved more of the credit. That you couldn't just pin all the negative on Shanny, while all positives went to others (in this case Kubiak & Bobby Turner etc.).

I'm not trying to argue Kubiak is the next Bill Belichik. Far from it. He has his weaknesses and warts. But I'm also not going to pretend that the team won Super Bowl 50 in spite of their Head Coach.

13. The Following User High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

I love NTL; we disagree.

Kubiak saved the season with the Oz and PFM calls.

That doesn’t mean he was killing it. And I’m sorry. It’s not hate.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Krugan View Post
    Just cause im trying to get a grasp on where you are coming from, when did you become a bronco fan?
    How does this have anything to do with the grasp you need on his argument? This seems more like a poke than anything. You've been posting the last three or four years on and off, you should know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

17. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    How does this have anything to do with the grasp you need on his argument? This seems more like a poke than anything. You've been posting the last three or four years on and off, you should know.
    It matters in historical references, your response seems more like a poke then anything else. But by all means assume context as you see fit, as did I.
    Ive been a member for 12 years, if you want to get technical. Sensitive people anymore.

Also was asking as he has also been a member for awhile, i wasnt sure when he started rooting here and how versed he was in history with Kubiak. So for my personal understanding it was a legit question...
    Last edited by Krugan; 11-25-2019 at 06:54 PM.

19. The Following User High Fived Krugan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

No one says Kubiak is Bellichick. But anyone hating on Kubes may as well hate Elway Shanahan TD and anyone else. He is Bronco through and through.

To say he was along for the ride in 2015 having nothing to do with this teams success in spite of a broken Manning is delusional.

21. The Following User High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Krugan View Post
    It matters in historical references, your response seems more like a poke then anything else. But by all means assume context as you see fit, as did I.
    Ive been a member for 12 years, if you want to get technical. Sensitive people anymore.

Also was asking as he has also been a member for awhile, i wasnt sure when he started rooting here and how versed he was in history with Kubiak. So for my personal understanding it was a legit question...
    In that case I hope you accept my apology for being a complete jerk!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

23. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information