Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: If Brandon Allen Makes This Looks So Easy...

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Default If Brandon Allen Makes This Looks So Easy...

...why did we stick with Fucco for so long?

Was it the Browns' defense? I thought Cleveland's D was above average.

Even without Sanders, the offense had a decent day. Sutton was good. Lindsey was good. Fant was terrific.

Maybe this is "the year of the Allen".

I think we should dump Fucco at the end of the year and go with Allen and Lock.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I think Fangio being a first time head coach didn't want to make waves in benching Elway's hand picked guy, especially with no other player on the roster who had ever thrown a pass in the NFL. It felt like his hands were kinda tied. Flacco getting hurt definitely saved him from having to make that decision.

3. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

It's almost as if Flacco isn't very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I want to be sympathetic, but one should not have sympathy for inauthentic sorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Its like Save the Rainforest. People aren't saying, 'F**ck those other forests', its just that this particular forest is in worse shape right now.

5. The Following 9 Users High Fived wayninja For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    ...why did we stick with Fucco for so long?

Was it the Browns' defense? I thought Cleveland's D was above average.

Even without Sanders, the offense had a decent day. Sutton was good. Lindsey was good. Fant was terrific.

Maybe this is "the year of the Allen".

I think we should dump Fucco at the end of the year and go with Allen and Lock.
    Lmao

Easy? Nah man. People are reading far too much into yesterday.

1) Allen's throw to Sutton was WAY off if not for the spectacular catch by Sutton. If that is picked, people would be losing their shit.

2) The Browns are not anywhere near what the expectations are and only further proves having a bunch of big names doesnt guarantee success. The Raiders are doing quite fine without Antonio Brown being there.

3) Congrats to Fant for finally catching a pass and the watching Brown defenders blow tackles like they did all day yesterday. I guess its a good thing that Noah finally stepped up after half a season.

4) Lindsay finally had one of his better games of the year yesterday. Prior to that he has had only 2 games where he was remotely close to 100 yds.

5) The oline still has a ton of problems and on one of Allen's sacks he actually started to fall into a fetal position before the defenders even got there. But, you could chalk that up to his first game.

6) Defensively we finally closed out a game by stopping them on 4th down twice.

7) After being called out by the former QB its only expected that Scags had to try something different and thus got a little more creative in his playcalling especially with the wildcat call.

I think people need to be careful about reading to much into the win yesterday. If not for the Browns being totally inept they may have not won the game.
    Last edited by Northman; 11-04-2019 at 11:07 AM.

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

it wasn't easy. . . but having a QB with mobility was a huge plus-- that's the kind of player this offense is designed around. . . a statue like flacco behind a bad O-line was a recipe for disaster. . . i just hope it's a lesson learned for elway and fangio going forward. . . no more pocket sloths!
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

9. The Following 8 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    it wasn't easy. . . but having a QB with mobility was a huge plus-- that's the kind of player this offense is designed around. . . a statue like flacco behind a bad O-line was a recipe for disaster. . . i just hope it's a lesson learned for elway and fangio going forward. . . no more pocket sloths!
    Then Elway must be approaching things the wrong way which means he is probably a bigger problem than we even know. He was all in with Flacco and it costed us half a season.

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Then Elway must be approaching things the wrong way which means he is probably a bigger problem than we even know. He was all in with Flacco and it costed us half a season.
    Don't sell him short, it cost us the full season.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I want to be sympathetic, but one should not have sympathy for inauthentic sorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Its like Save the Rainforest. People aren't saying, 'F**ck those other forests', its just that this particular forest is in worse shape right now.

12. The Following 4 Users High Fived wayninja For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Allen is a bum who had a mediocre day

That’s great for him, and the play calling was kind to him, but he only completed 12 passes.

He will be pulled by the middle of the third quarter next time he plays.

NostraVal says it will be so, and it will be so.

14. The Following User High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    Allen is a bum who had a mediocre day

That’s great for him, and the play calling was kind to him, but he only completed 12 passes.

He will be pulled by the middle of the third quarter next time he plays.

NostraVal says it will be so, and it will be so.

Im not sure he will be pulled as there is no real other option there right now but yea, he got lucky that we played the Browns yesterday.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

We have the Vikings, Bills, Chargers, Texans, and Chiefs next. I think those games will be a lot more accurate about where we are with the rest of the team post Flacco.

17. The Following 3 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Lmao

Easy? Nah man. People are reading far too much into yesterday.

1) Allen's throw to Sutton was WAY off if not for the spectacular catch by Sutton. If that is picked, people would be losing their shit.

2) The Browns are not anywhere near what the expectations are and only further proves having a bunch of big names doesnt guarantee success. The Raiders are doing quite fine without Antonio Brown being there.

3) Congrats to Fant for finally catching a pass and the watching Brown defenders blow tackles like they did all day yesterday. I guess its a good thing that Noah finally stepped up after half a season.

4) Lindsay finally had one of his better games of the year yesterday. Prior to that he has had only 2 games where he was remotely close to 100 yds.

5) The oline still has a ton of problems and on one of Allen's sacks he actually started to fall into a fetal position before the defenders even got there. But, you could chalk that up to his first game.

6) Defensively we finally closed out a game by stopping them on 4th down twice.

7) After being called out by the former QB its only expected that Scags had to try something different and thus got a little more creative in his playcalling especially with the wildcat call.

I think people need to be careful about reading to much into the win yesterday. If not for the Browns being totally inept they may have not won the game.
    Allen is still not very good. However, and this is not to debate your post as much as offer my thoughts in agreement and against some of it, or at least explain what I saw which may or may not support your stance.

1. The thing with the pass to sutton was the fact that Allen actually threw it! Sutton was not open when Allen let the ball fly. It was not a very good pass. However, Sutton is the 80/20 guy. (holy shit the catch!!! He left his feet at like the 3 yard line and landed with the ball 5 yards into the endzone WTFFFFF- WOW!!!) Joe would not throw that pass, the few times he does he does not allow sutton to try and come down with it. He throws it into the second row of the stands.

So while the pass was not on target like it should be, he threw the pass, which is what our offense has lacked. the QB actaully throwing the pass and letting the guy make a play!

2. The browns didnt really blow tackels as much as fant let his sack hang low for a play and kicked some ass! He dropped the S right away. Then with his speed and size he shook off the rest and they couldnt catch him. That was not about the browns blowing it. That was about Fant blowing them out.

3. We are as inept as the browns except we do not have the talent like they do across the board (1st rd pick overall QB, odell high first rd, landry (1st or did he go 2nd rd), Njoku 1st rd, Chubb was a 1st rd talent)....We had a 6th rd qb, udfa rb, 2nd rd wr, 5th rd wr, 1st rd te.......And we did ok. I still do not think Allen will be as good as he looked there, but I think aside from the best defenses out there we likely would have had a similar result......Just wish we could get lock out there. Allen will likely suck ass big time against the vikings in 2 weeks. Then he will also be owned by whomever we play next. Which is perfect because that will be locks time to shine and people wont call for BA when lock sucks for a bit while he learns.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

19. The Following 7 Users High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    Don't sell him short, it cost us the full season.
    this was always going to be a transition year. . . all new coaches plus a mediocre roster rarely ever adds up to a playoff team. . . we were never winning 10-12 games this year, not with any of the options we had available at QB. . . do i wish they'd played it different, and started lock sooner? yea, sure. . . i'm okay with where we're at now, though-- all i really want this year is to see progress, and the development of young players. . . let vic and skanks get their feet under them, so we can come out of the gate strong next year. . . the reps we're getting for guys like bausby and harris, purcell, johnson, reed, hollins, etc are invaluable. . . as long as they don't try foisting flacco's sorry ass off on us next year, i won't call this a lost season. . . it's a building season, and it was necessary, however painful it is to watch. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

21. The Following 8 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Scangarello Answers the Bell in Week 9 With Brandon Allen Under Center

The Denver Broncos entered Week 9's home tilt vs. the Cleveland Browns in a precarious position. Quarterback Brandon Allen would make his first NFL start and play his first snap in a regular-season game, with the reeling Broncos trying to recover from a 2-6 start.

It was hard to predict what to expect.

What unfolded, however, was eye-opening and perhaps answered once and for all the question as to what was really holding back the Broncos' offense in the first half of the season — the play-calling or the QB play? The Broncos rolled over the Browns 24-19, leading from the first quarter and never looking back.

Allen went 12-of-20 (60%) for 193 yards and two touchdowns. He finished with a QB rating of 125.6 in his first-ever NFL game.
    rest - https://www.si.com/nfl/broncos/news/...-under-center/

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

23. The Following 2 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post

So while the pass was not on target like it should be, he threw the pass, which is what our offense has lacked. the QB actaully throwing the pass and letting the guy make a play!

Some great points as always but my issue with this is that a week or so ago Flacco thew a pass that was a little behind the receiver. YET, it hit the receiver in both his hands but the receiver let it go through his hands for a INT. Some on the board put Flacco on full blast because the pass was not perfect. Now, im with you in that we have receivers that need to step up and make plays (much like Sutton did) when the opportunities arise. But if we are going to condemn one QB for inaccurate throws than we need to be consistent and fair across the board with our criticisms. The one thing that will help Allen more is that he is younger and more mobile than Joe, no question about it. Joe also had a huge tendency to hold onto the ball to long and for a guy who has been in the league as long as he has those are dumb mistakes he should not be making.

The important thing for me though going forward with this team basically comes down to this:

1. How does Brandon take command of the offense and how is his leadership.

2. How does the rest of the team respond, do they have faith in Allen to step their game like yesterday defensively.

3. Will Scags continue to move in more creative direction with his playcalling.

25. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    this was always going to be a transition year. . . all new coaches plus a mediocre roster rarely ever adds up to a playoff team. . . we were never winning 10-12 games this year, not with any of the options we had available at QB. . . do i wish they'd played it different, and started lock sooner? yea, sure. . . i'm okay with where we're at now, though-- all i really want this year is to see progress, and the development of young players. . . let vic and skanks get their feet under them, so we can come out of the gate strong next year. . . the reps we're getting for guys like bausby and harris, purcell, johnson, reed, hollins, etc are invaluable. . . as long as they don't try foisting flacco's sorry ass off on us next year, i won't call this a lost season. . . it's a building season, and it was necessary, however painful it is to watch. . .
    Actually, my biggest issue is trading for Joe in the first place. i can live with a rebuild so as long as that is what you are going to do. But, when John got Flacco he did little else to surround him with veteran players to match the mantra that Elway has been peddling about competing for championships. Its the thing i was talking about the other day about John not committing to one thing or another and trying to ride the fence without putting all the pieces in place to do so.

27. The Following 4 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information