Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread: If Brandon Allen Makes This Looks So Easy...

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Best QB on the team, legit NFL starter ... so he can’t run option ... Lamar Jackson can’t read a defense.

6 of one/half dozen the other. A starter is a starter.
    your science detection is broken....
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Here's the hot take - Schaub made/saved Kubiak and not the other way around. Kubiak got good production out of MS, because MS was good. Kubiak got average production out of Joe Flacco, because at the time Joe Flacco was average. TS sucked and Kubiak got sucky production out of him. Kubiak never elevated anything.
    You're forgetting Plummer who had his best seasons under Kubes and then regressed horribly when he left. But I get your point. Elway was also much more efficient under Kubes and Griese had a very good start to his second year as a starter prior to getting hurt.

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived Jsteve01 For This Post:

I want Lock to get a good chance on the field. And if we have to take a Qb in the first round, guns blazing.
    Obviously Elway does NOT want to take a QB in the first round. He wants Joe Flacco, or some other veteran QB. Young QBs make mistakes and don't help you to "win now."

For this reason, I don't expect them to draft a QB with their top 10 pick next year either. And it doesn't appear that Drew Lock will start more than maybe the last two games this season because "he's not ready."

Of course he'll never "get ready" if they don't start him and when better than when you have a lost season. But, Elway never gets it through his thick head that his team is toast until they get a star Qb.

He's still trying to "win now" right up till they lose their 8th or 9th game of the season. Then there will be further excuses not to start Drew Lock.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    You're forgetting Plummer who had his best seasons under Kubes and then regressed horribly when he left. But I get your point. Elway was also much more efficient under Kubes and Griese had a very good start to his second year as a starter prior to getting hurt.
    Let's be honest - it was Shanahan's show. That's why Kubiak couldn't get an elite year out of anyone but John, and Shanahan had elite years out of multiple QB's. Also, Kubiak could no longer update his offense, which is why John refused to keep him on. Well, that and Kubes penchant for wanting us to keep his old coaches, who we had already fired once.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Shots fired

8. The Following User High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Let's be honest - it was Shanahan's show. That's why Kubiak couldn't get an elite year out of anyone but John, and Shanahan had elite years out of multiple QB's. Also, Kubiak could no longer update his offense, which is why John refused to keep him on. Well, that and Kubes penchant for wanting us to keep his old coaches, who we had already fired once.
    Elway sat down with Shanahan after VJ's first disastrous season. It was obvious to everybody that VJ in way over his head and Elway wanted to fire him. So, after a conversation they agreed Shanahan would come back and be the coach, but Elway would still be GM and pick the players.

Shanny told Elway there was no way Joe Ellis would agree to hire him back but Elway was convinced he could convince Joe. He was wrong. Ellis vetoed the move and told Elway that he could fire VJ if he wanted, but they would have to interview a bunch of coaching candidates and not just anoint Elway's pick.

That's when Elway famously decided to "sleep on it" and after a night of reflection decided to keep VJ for 1 more year.

All this was reported by numerous sources on the radio (104.3 the Fan) and Altitude Sports).

I blame Joe Ellis on that one. But, clearly Elway could have started a coaching search rather than keep VJ, but he seems to have been miffed at Ellis' shooting down his decision to hire Shanahan back and just said "screw it! We're keeping VJ and give it one more shot."

Frankly, re-hiring Shanahan might have worked. Shanny wasn't a bad coach, he was a bad GM. His teams consistently won 7-9 games a year, but only had 1 playoff win over 10 seasons. That would be a big improvement over the current team.

And in DC he was constantly undermined by idiot owner Dan Snyder who had picked RGIII and wanted him to start while Shanny wanted Kirk Cousins.

Snyder would fly RGIII around on his private jet and they'd have player to owner discussions after games behind Shanny's back. It was an impossible situation.

So, they fired Shanahan so RGIII would have a clear lane to be their starter -- and he pooped his shorts and had to be released. That's one seriously dysfunctional team -- far worse than the Broncos.
    Last edited by Cugel; 11-22-2019 at 10:06 AM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

This thread didnt age well.

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    your science detection is broken....
    Trust me, Inc, trust science.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

No. Kubes is the OC that all OCs aspire to be.

You should be ashamed of your opinion and your inability to appreciate greatness
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    No. Kubes is the OC that all OCs aspire to be.

You should be ashamed of your opinion and your inability to appreciate greatness
    It's been a long time since Kubiak had 'produced' greatness.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

It's been a long time since Kubiak had 'produced' greatness.
    Define "long time"

Define "long time"
    Well, in 10 combined seasons as a head coach he won 10 or more games three times. The last time he did that his offense was awful, he didn't let his QB play out of the shotgun, and his team won on the back of the defense. So I'd start after that season, my friend.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Well, in 10 combined seasons as a head coach he won 10 or more games three times. The last time he did that his offense was awful, he didn't let his QB play out of the shotgun, and his team won on the back of the defense. So I'd start after that season, my friend.
    So you are starting the season after he won the SB?

Good Lord....I hope you are drunk.

19. The Following User High Fived slim For This Post:

So you are starting the season after he won the SB?

Good Lord....I hope you are drunk.
    I said greatness he produced. He produced. Not greatness he was present for.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information