Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: If Brandon Allen Makes This Looks So Easy...

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    Allen is a backup spot starter like most of us thought.....
    I never thought he would go on big win streak.

This is the most depressing thing I have seen in awhile.

https://www.espn.com/blog/denver-bro...al-five-drives

"Early on it was kind of OK, considering the conditions and the defense we were going against," Fangio said. "At some point there, we stopped moving it totally, and they kind of smothered us; so it was a problem, obviously, and one we have to get rectified somehow."

Yes, the Broncos' final five possessions on Sunday -- from the time McManus made the 3-pointer until quarterback Brandon Allen threw an incompletion with 7:15 to play -- ended in three-and-outs. Those last five possessions amounted to a total of 15 plays for a combined 2 net yards -- or an average of roughly 4.8 inches per play.

Our FO and HC don't think it's 'imperative' to get Lock out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    One of the biggest frustrations I have with how we remember Kubiak is that we gloss over his failings and give him credit for team success that was almost solely predicated on the other side of the ball.

He used to be an innovator. He's not that anymore. Maybe he could innovate his schemes again, but that'd be a new thing for him. It's not bashing him. Facts are facts.
    King those are your OPINIONS not facts
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Last i checked Minnesota has a better offense than theyve had in years top 10 in nearly every meaningful category and Cousins is having a career best year.

Kubes had nothing to do with that nahhh #rolleyes

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Last i checked Minnesota has a better offense than theyve had in years top 10 in nearly every meaningful category and Cousins is having a career best year.

Kubes had nothing to do with that nahhh #rolleyes
    Kubiak isn't even their offensive coordinator. Last season Cousins threw 30 TDs, only ten INTs, 4,300 yards, and completed 70 percent of his passes. Do you really mean to tell me that Kubiak, as an assistant coach, is the reason for another great year from Cousins? The same Kubiak who put Peyton Manning in the pistol offense and out of the shotgun? The same Kubiak whose offensive performance and playcalling were decried his two seasons here as head coach?

Is there any reason for that other than you want it to be true?

Because if you have a reason other than his last name, I'd love to hear it.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Kubiak isn't even their offensive coordinator. Last season Cousins threw 30 TDs, only ten INTs, 4,300 yards, and completed 70 percent of his passes. Do you really mean to tell me that Kubiak, as an assistant coach, is the reason for another great year from Cousins? The same Kubiak who put Peyton Manning in the pistol offense and out of the shotgun? The same Kubiak whose offensive performance and playcalling were decried his two seasons here as head coach?

Is there any reason for that other than you want it to be true?

Because if you have a reason other than his last name, I'd love to hear it.
    Dalvin Cook is making Rick Dennison look like a genius!

King those are your OPINIONS not facts
    Except for the fact (lol) that everyone was in wide agreement during his last stint here that his scheme was a carbon copy of past years. Except for the fact that Kubiak didn't want to make updates/changes to his scheme.

https://apnews.com/8279309f867041fbada645b77df6a62e

Kubiak had wanted to bring back some of the assistant coaches who have followed him throughout his coaching career along with dusting off schemes that were successful in another era but don’t fit with the Broncos’ quest to modernize their approach

Shazam, you could have just admitted that you didn't know something. It's okay to admit that, man. We're all friends here.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Im well aware of the events that led up to it King. I don't need a briefing.

Kubiak offense cant be worse than what were seeing here. Like yesterday.

Im well aware of the events that led up to it King. I don't need a briefing.

Kubiak offense cant be worse than what were seeing here. Like yesterday.
    So you actively chose to be wrong because you like Kubiak? Everyone knows he doesn't update his offense. Everyone knows he got booted because of it. Everyone knows that his offenses sucked his last time here. Everyone knows this. So how does he get magical credit for a productive QB, Cousins, who was productive before him? Let alone as a guy who isn't even the OC?

I have an idea - instead of always going to the past for answers, and relive past glories, why not...bring in some new blood? It's inevitable, anyway.

When your innovative coordinator needs to "modernize" his offense, you might have a problem. When his offenses have been meh or bad in recent memory, you do have a problem.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

He got 'booted' because Fangio didn't want Kubiak shaping HIS Coaching staff. Too many cooks in the kitchen.
    Last edited by Shazam!; 11-25-2019 at 01:17 PM.

He got booted because Fangio didn't want Kubiak shaping HIS Coaching staff. Too many cooks un the kitchen.
    And the fact that he wouldn't modernize his offense. As evidenced by the link from AP.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

The Link states philosophy and STAFF it was the single biggest reason Fangio would be chopoed off at the knees

YOu know, if we could be confident that Elway would draft a QB with the top 5 pick, I'd be fine with starting Brandon Stinkin' Allen for the next five games and make sure to lose every single one.

But, the idiot Elway plan seems to be: "Don't start Drew Lock, because the fans might become enthusiastic about him starting and expect him to start next season, and that's not the plan! The plan is to trot out so aged has-been or never-was QB like Joe Flacco, or perhaps Nick Folles is still "in his prime" or perhaps Teddy Bridgewater can be persuaded to dust off his crippled knees and come to Denver.

"Then Drew Lock will need to take a back seat and I need to control the public narrative -- which is 'Drew Lock isn't ready!' " so that the fans don't riot when I do something they hate -- like put out another mediocre veteran QB in a desperate attempt to salvage my reputation." -- John Elway

Hence Drew Lock cannot start because he's "not ready" and he can never GET ready because Elway doesn't want the fan base to commit to him they way they started to do with Kyle Sloter. "I have to get rid of fan favorites I don't want to play."

The decision to bring back Kubiak to be the OC that led to conflict when he wanted to bring back Brian Periani and Rick Dennison has been well documented.

Clearly, Joe Ellis played a leading role in this behind the scenes, just as Joe Ellis refused Elway's request to bring back Mike Shanahan to coach when he wanted to fire VJ after VJ's first season.

We don't know why Ellis was so opposed but clearly Elway was fine with firing Brian Periani and didn't want him back either (supposedly he was even more of a sticking point than Rick Dennison). Kubiak insisted and that was that -- the Broncos and Kubiak parted ways immediately thereafter and Kubiak went to MN.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information