Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Mark Schlereth Rips Elway on National TV!

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    you should post the entire convo.

Whitlock also brings up ownership and this is when Stink talks about Shanny JR
    Whenever Im raging at the BRoncos for being a badly run organization and then I think of Redskins, then I calm down. They're so much worse it's amazing.

Their ownership ran Shanahan Sr. out of town because he wanted to start Kirk Cousins, and not the owner's pet RG III. Well, we all know how great that turned out for them. The Redskins got rid of Cousins and immediately traded for Alex Smith! Didn't get too many games out of him but gave up a premium 2nd round pick for him.

They could have kept Shanny Sr. in the job until he was ready to retire in a couple of seasons, re-signed Kirk Cousins for about $17m a year and then Shanny Jr. would step in and take his father's place.

They'd have a decent team instead of the 49ers.

2. The Following User High Fived Cugel For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Cugel is always so long winded, and serious. Most of my posts are drive by’s and hot takes.
    Did you not see my avatar? "Rant Mode" What do you think that means?

Rather than continue to yell at the Broncos on my TV I can come here and vent.

I'm sorry if my rants are too long. It's a kind of therapy for me, I admit. Otherwise on years when the team is this bad I might just have to go on a random crime spree.

And you know how that always ends up.

So, to avoid the consequences of taking my frustration out on random citizens I let it all out here.

See? I've criticized John Elway for the 3rd time today and now I feel much better.

In fact, I feel pretty fluffy and nice right now.

4. The Following 5 Users High Fived Cugel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brian Griese

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    Thought it was worth a thread because what else are we going to talk about? How awesome Brandon Allen is going to be in his first NFL game?

What the Broncos should do with the #5 pick of the 2020 NFL draft? Why the FLIP are they not playing Drew Lock in this toilet bowl of a season?

There will be plenty of time for all that later. They got another 9 games to go people and nothing good is going to happen this season. Would you like to talk about Brett Rypien the happy scrub?

Right now it's time for an in depth postmortem on how we got here.

Yes.

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived tripp For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

We all know Elway has earned this criticism with trying to bring to many Avg. FA in on big money contracts despite struggling or having issues at their previous stop. Combine with bad drafts minus the last 2, constant staff turnover, and a Unwillingness to take lumps with the youth and develop them properly....Its fair he gest called out big time....He is struggling as a GM the last 4 years there are tons of facts to back this up....This isn't opinion based anymore....if we had a Owner Elway would've been given a Ultimatum already for a playoff berth or at least a winning season.

Only reason Ellis isn't up in arms at the moment is because he was a big factor in making Elway settle for VJ and sell it. When it wasn't who Elway wanted. That bought Elway some time. He needs to get real serious the next 12 months though if he wants to have a job or leave on high note at the end of the season next year.
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

8. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    We all know Elway has earned this criticism with trying to bring to many Avg. FA in on big money contracts despite struggling or having issues at their previous stop. Combine with bad drafts minus the last 2, constant staff turnover, and a Unwillingness to take lumps with the youth and develop them properly....Its fair he gest called out big time....He is struggling as a GM the last 4 years there are tons of facts to back this up....This isn't opinion based anymore....if we had a Owner Elway would've been given a Ultimatum already for a playoff berth or at least a winning season.

Only reason Ellis isn't up in arms at the moment is because he was a big factor in making Elway settle for VJ and sell it. When it wasn't who Elway wanted. That bought Elway some time. He needs to get real serious the next 12 months though if he wants to have a job or leave on high note at the end of the season next year.
    But hold on, it was at this point (after two great drafts) that Bowlen fired Shanatan ... imo, simultaneously 7 years too late and too soon, Shanatan was turning it around. He had one of those glorious 8-8/9-7 seasons that Broncos fans love so much, and then they let him go. That’s how you end up with Hurricane Josh, let’s be real, that’s not a good thing.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    But hold on, it was at this point (after two great drafts) that Bowlen fired Shanatan ... imo, simultaneously 7 years too late and too soon, Shanatan was turning it around. He had one of those glorious 8-8/9-7 seasons that Broncos fans love so much, and then they let him go. That’s how you end up with Hurricane Josh, let’s be real, that’s not a good thing.
    Unpopular opinion: That Cutler draft actually sucked. Four head cases including an overrated quarterback.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Unpopular opinion: That Cutler draft actually sucked. Four head cases including an overrated quarterback.
    And that 2007 draft was an all-time failure.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

13. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Shanny refused to get rid of his staff that sucked, that was the straw that broke the camels back for Bowlen imo. Every one in the NFL knew Slowik had to go except Shanny. Had he let go of his staff that needed to go he would have probably been good for at least another year.

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Yeah reminds me a lot of 2017 lol

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

After everything he’s done for you?

Smdh
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

I was talking about the Clady/Royal Draft.
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I was talking about the Clady/Royal Draft.
    The Broncos got two long term starters in three drafts at the end of the Shanahan era. Those drafts weren’t that good.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

After everything he’s done for you?

Smdh
    Who are we talking about? I like Shanny but I'm a realist, just like I like Elway but I'm a realist about his performance.

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    Who are we talking about? I like Shanny but I'm a realist, just like I like Elway but I'm a realist about his performance.
    Shanatan’s performance was the best offense in the league the year he got fired.

That ‘06 draft was killing it, Clady helped an OL that gave up less than 10 sacks that year, along with Ryan Harris from the ‘07 draft.
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

21. The Following 2 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Shanatan’s performance was the best offense in the league the year he got fired.

That ‘06 draft was killing it, Clady helped an OL that gave up less than 10 sacks that year, along with Ryan Harris from the ‘07 draft.
    I don't dispute how his offense was doing but his defense was a shit show run by his friend Slowik and he refused to get rid of him.....To me that was the final straw for Bowlen who wanted very much to be back in the playoffs and wouldn't settle for anything less. I wasn't stoked he got fired, but I certainly saw where Bowlen was coming from as the owner....

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information