Page 10 of 78 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 NFL Draft

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    Charlie Campbell who has one of the best records for rd. 1 selections.....has Thomas, Jackson and wirfs going in the top 15 picks.....No Leatherwood for OT......doesn't mean he cant play there, but he isn't rated above those other 3 at OT yet...…
    Personally, I'd barely have Letherwood in the top 10. But that's just my opinion primarily based on overall experience at the position at this level. I really think he's better off playing guard in the NFL, but I imagine if anyone could help with he transition, it would be Munchak and Kuper. Wouldn't hate the pick, but I think there are better options

2. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Personally, I'd barely have Letherwood in the top 10. But that's just my opinion primarily based on overall experience at the position at this level. I really think he's better off playing guard in the NFL, but I imagine if anyone could help with he transition, it would be Munchak and Kuper. Wouldn't hate the pick, but I think there are better options
    I also agree, I'm fully aboard the Thomas and Jackson train, but we might be playing our way out of both and certainly Thomas....Wirfs is a wild card at LT, he is a legit OT prospect though.....
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:

I also agree, I'm fully aboard the Thomas and Jackson train, but we might be playing our way out of both and certainly Thomas....Wirfs is a wild card at LT, he is a legit OT prospect though.....
    Like Leatherwood, I think Jackson could be available in the 2nd round. Getting either of the two there would be great...assuming we don't **** up the first round.

The shadow of Pikes Peak (aka the lee of the stone)
    Adopted Bronco:
    Wesley Woodyard

Like Leatherwood, I think Jackson could be available in the 2nd round. Getting either of the two there would be great...assuming we don't **** up the first round.
    There's so much still to see in the Underwear Olympics. Doesn't change talent, but does change perception.

That said, I have concerns about many of the other tackles not being top-10 either. Wirfs is a RT to me, which is fine and he can probably handle a conversion to left but do you risk it at pick#8? Jackson is an upside guy especially with our coaching but he's not a #8-12 pick either. I could see Denver trading down to get another pick (to move back up later with) and still get their OT or even a center - there are a couple good ones in Biadasz and Creed Humphrey.

Coming out of this draft with an OT * and* one of those centers would be pretty damn impressive. Also very useful.

Assuming the Broncos stay in the 8-12 range, though, would you have them going a different direction than OL? CB with somebody like Fulton, maybe?
    "Dream as if you will live forever. Live as if you'll die today."
    -- James Dean

My novels Mason's Order and its sequel Mason's Pledge are now available at Amazon in both paperback and kindle versions.

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

He struggled big time at guard the last two years. I would hate to put him back in that role.
    "We saw it…. the hussars let loose their horses. God, what power! They ran through the smoke and the sound was like that of a thousand blacksmiths beating with a thousand hammers

They rush on to the Swedes! They crash into the Swedish riters…. Overwhelm them! They crash into the second regiment - Overwhelmed! Resistance collapses, dissolves, they move forward as easily as if they were parading on a grand boulevard

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Charlie Campbell who has one of the best records for rd. 1 selections.....has Thomas, Jackson and wirfs going in the top 15 picks.....No Leatherwood for OT......doesn't mean he cant play there, but he isn't rated above those other 3 at OT yet...…
    Talk to me in April

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
    He struggled big time at guard the last two years. I would hate to put him back in that role.
    2nd team all SEC in 2018 as a Sophomore. Was all over in 2017 as a freshman getting spot duty, including LT in 2nd half of Natl Title Game. Don't know where you got your info.
    Last edited by SmilinAssasSin27; 12-09-2019 at 06:48 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Allowed 2 sacks and 3 hurries all season at LT this year. 6 missed assignments by those who grade performance.

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    2nd team all SEC in 2018 as a Sophomore. Was all over in 2017 as a freshman getting spot duty, including LT in 2nd half of Natl Title Game. Don't know where you got your info.
    https://www.al.com/alabamafootball/2..._trying_t.html

http://www.cbssports.com/video/player/javasc:2a-
    "We saw it…. the hussars let loose their horses. God, what power! They ran through the smoke and the sound was like that of a thousand blacksmiths beating with a thousand hammers

They rush on to the Swedes! They crash into the Swedish riters…. Overwhelm them! They crash into the second regiment - Overwhelmed! Resistance collapses, dissolves, they move forward as easily as if they were parading on a grand boulevard

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

A September article and a video of Lamar Jackson?

I take from that that he struggled to adjust at first to a new position and STILL earned 2nd team ALL SEC honors.

"Struggled big time" is simply not an accurate assessment of his performance.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by G_Money View Post
    There's so much still to see in the Underwear Olympics. Doesn't change talent, but does change perception.

That said, I have concerns about many of the other tackles not being top-10 either. Wirfs is a RT to me, which is fine and he can probably handle a conversion to left but do you risk it at pick#8? Jackson is an upside guy especially with our coaching but he's not a #8-12 pick either. I could see Denver trading down to get another pick (to move back up later with) and still get their OT or even a center - there are a couple good ones in Biadasz and Creed Humphrey.

Coming out of this draft with an OT * and* one of those centers would be pretty damn impressive. Also very useful.

Assuming the Broncos stay in the 8-12 range, though, would you have them going a different direction than OL? CB with somebody like Fulton, maybe?
    Jackson is a top 12 propsect on a number of big boards at a premium position.....I doubt he makes it to round 2.....Wirfs also screams RT to me, but is a solid OT prospect none the less. Here is the deal I know we need a OT but I'm not taking a OT at 12 unless its Thomas or Jackson. Doesn't mean I wouldn't look at wirfs, adams, leatherwood or even barton in the draft in a trade back.....but I don't consider them at 10-12 range at this point....If we trade back then Wirfs, and barton and leatherwood come into play.

Lets also not forget how old Davis is at ILB and how overmatched Jewell was as a starter. ILB is a need. CB could be a huge need. WR is a need, DL is a need. Do we reach for a late 1st rd early 2nd rd OT prospect or do you go BPA.....you go BPA every time at a position of need or Just BPA. If you do anything other then that, then your not a very good GM.....you don't reach for a solid OT prospect in the top 15 picks, because then you end up with Garrett Bolles....

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

13. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Somebody talk to me about an actual top 10. Any prospects?
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    No. We’re skipping the Top 10 this year. It’s a tragedy.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Unless we lose out its doubtful we get a top 10 pick.....more then likely we end up in the 12-14 range when its all said and done. If that happens we should be looking at guys like ILB Kenneth Murray, OT Austin Jackson, CB Treyvon digs or trade back grab a extra 2nd rd. pick and address the OL.....The wildcards in that range would be a WR like Laviska or Epenesa from Iowa on the DL.....you could also make a strong case for the massive safety from Clemson Isiah Simmons who many think will move to LB in the pros, but I personally question if he can add the needed weight for the 3-4 ILB role and keep his skillset. Dude is a straight beast but at LB the WLB in a 4-3 scheme seems to be the best spot for him.....

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    No. We’re skipping the Top 10 this year. It’s a tragedy.
    We may just have to do what we did last year...trade back make the value better for who we grab in rd 1, then nail some great picks in rd 2......

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information