Page 39 of 78 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 49 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 NFL Draft

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    No. We are looking for a rookie who keeps his mouth shut and is paid 1/20th of Sanders.
    Fair points lol
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    a burner....god help me.....2 in the last decade have been worth a damn to their team with maybe hollywood brown bringing something to the ravens.....the rest were second tier scrubs who didnt really do shit for their offense and have basically disappeared.........

Shurmur had Thielen and Diggs In Minny and they were very good together neither a raw burner but both did everything well.....

With the giants they had Beckham and Sheppard(when Healthy), Slayton for Sheppard when he was hurt none of which were burners but they did everything very good when healthy......

We dont need a 1 trick pony burner......you need a guy that can do everything outside at the number 2 spot, but has very good speed and game speed to stretch the field like a sanders but is a complete WR

I will take a quick twitch route runner, with great game speed and great hands both at the line for sepearting from Man and ability to catch the bal lwell with their handsl over a 1 trick pony who can run fast......
    This is simply not true. You just refuse to let anything but top end production count. But you wouldn't rate any other psotioin that way. You are being a big ole poop monster right now and I am sick of it Mister Inc!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Of course it’s a crap shoot, but I don’t buy the year 3 stuff anymore. It’s simply not true. If they can play they make immediate impacts, especially at receiver. It still may take a few years to hit stride for quarterbacks and linemen on both sides, but outside of that, you should be getting immediate starters in the first three rounds if you want to be successful. Denver has struggled with that a little bit and that’s why the record has suffered.
    OK, go look at First year WR stats from the last couple of years.
    I’m not denying we need one or two WR in this draft. I just think it’s not wise to take Ruggs at 15:is all. There are better players to be had there. It’s a deep WR draft.
    We could get good ones in the 2nd and 3rd this year.
    Bill Williamson:

"The Broncos went from one of the more attractive organizations in the NFL to one in total disarray. McDaniels will go down as one of the most reviled figures in Denver sports history".

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by turftoad View Post
    OK, go look at First year WR stats from the last couple of years.
    I’m not denying we need one or two WR in this draft. I just think it’s not wise to take Ruggs at 15:is all. There are better players to be had there. It’s a deep WR draft.
    We could get good ones in the 2nd and 3rd this year.
    That’s fair. I wasn’t arguing specifically for Ruggs, mainly emphasizing that we have the size, we need the speed now.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

5. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by Poet View Post
    This is simply not true. You just refuse to let anything but top end production count. But you wouldn't rate any other psotioin that way. You are being a big ole poop monster right now and I am sick of it Mister Inc!
    Lol not true....pick 15 is our top pick they should be able to come in and be a impact starter. I dont see that in Ruggs. I have alluded to being fine with both Lamb and Jeudy at 15, not my personal choice but I could understand the value of picking them there becasue they are steals at a position of need.....Ruggs not a chance he isnt a steal he is a reach at 15. He shouldnt even be talked about in rd 1 with his other flaws as a WR

I dont want a dude at 15 that can come in and give you avg production thats like taking a OT in rd 1 that gives you 8 games a year of ok production and 8 games of below avg production......

I think OT and C as well as WR are the top needs on this team.....but I think the top 4 tackles and top 2 WR's are gone before we even get to 15. That leaves a trade back for a OT where the value makes sense, but best bet is that OT is swing tackle this year and Starter next year I can live with that cause trenches matter. There is no 1st rd center prospect near us so bypass that till rd 2. At WR with the top 2 gone. Ruggs just isnt a good pick at 15, when a ILB like murray who is a day 1 player is sitting there and is also a need.

No one on this board will ever convince me of ruggs being worth pick 15 lol
    Last edited by Elevation inc; 04-05-2020 at 06:59 PM.

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

7. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

That’s fair. I wasn’t arguing specifically for Ruggs, mainly emphasizing that we have the size, we need the speed now.
    Your not wrong but there are recievers like goodwin types for example that do everything including deep speed, YAC and quick twitch route running.....

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    Your not wrong but there are recievers like goodwin types for example that do everything including deep speed, YAC and quick twitch route running.....
    And if you find that or it falls to you, great, but the speed is the most important thing because the Broncos have three guys with really good size.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

I had to break out poop monster - that's what this pandemic has done to me!!!

The patroits suffered on offense when they lacked a field stretching threat.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

I had to break out poop monster - that's what this pandemic has done to me!!!

The patroits suffered on offense when they lacked a field stretching threat.
    Then they went and got one in dorsett and still failed......****Shrugs**** there best Wr and top 10 NFL wideout when healthy is a slow white dude

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

12. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

And if you find that or it falls to you, great, but the speed is the most important thing because the Broncos have three guys with really good size.
    Speed is nothing by itself at the WR position......The top Wr's over the last decade had it all including speed, not 4.2 speed but game speed, field stretching speed.....Give me a 4.42 guy who is 6ft 1 and 204 lbs......and does everything great over a 4.2 speed guy who is a 1 trick Pony

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

14. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

It's an element that your offense needs to have. Taking the top off the defense...that's what winners do. Let's give the QB a completely finished offense from a threat perspective. That's what big dick ballers do.

16. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

It's an element that your offense needs to have. Taking the top off the defense...that's what winners do. Let's give the QB a completely finished offense from a threat perspective. That's what big dick ballers do.
    I dont disagree burning the Defense for a 70 yd touchdown is epic lets add that it just doesnt need to be a 1 trick pony at pick 15, plenty of WR's this draft have the capability to stretch the field and also produce with YAC. In fact you can make that happen with 4.42 speed or even 4.46 speed and a all round WR skillset...

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

18. The Following 3 Users High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

I don't see these 4.2 one tricks. I see some ballers at WR who run 4.2 I'm just saying we need to violate safeties on television.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

I don't see these 4.2 one tricks. I see some ballers at WR who run 4.2 I'm just saying we need to violate safeties on television.
    agreed....Odell beckham for example in his first few years when healthy with a QB did just that with his 4.42 speed....Chris goodwin routinely did it this year with his 4.42 speed......Stephon diggs 4.46....Devante Adams does it with 4.56....speed.

Most on this board belive we need another WR outside in the first 3 rds.....most would also belive I think when picking a WR at 15 they should do more then just be able to run straight and fast....I would see no problem with having a Christian kirk/Deandre hopkins like tandem or a Mike evans/Chris goodwin tandem.......

I see a problem with a sutton/phillip dorsett type tandem.....
    Last edited by Elevation inc; 04-05-2020 at 08:27 PM.

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

T.Y. Hilton ran a 4.3 and I'd be stoked to get that production out of a round one WR.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information