Page 34 of 78 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 NFL Draft

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    I disagree. We have a 2nd and 3rd receiver on this team already. Their names are Fant and Gordon. Bringing in a high draft pick WR (who usually don’t make a huge difference their first year anyway) should be much farther down the list than OT and ILB. There are serviceable 4th and 5th targets on this team. Yes it would be great to get a solid #2 to Sutton to help prevent double teams, but it’s not as important as keeping Drew upright or stopping opposing TEs from having their way with our D.

This draft is deep in WR and you can get talent in later rounds. Bolles is a shaky, inconsistent starter at best and a detriment at worst. James has yet to prove he can stay healthy. Wilkinson is JAG. That to me says OT is a huge need. There is no downside to having too many good Olinemen. It’s almost a guarantee at least one will miss time due to injury. Top tier OTs can usually play anywhere on the OL effectively or bump a G to C like Glasgow. There’s No downside to drafting one in the 1st. ILB is also a need. We have 2 pretty good downhill thumpers, but they’re all but useless in coverage. If it’s me, I take an OT or Murray at 15.
    I'm fine with a dude like the LSU kid in the 2d. Agreed though, no need to pass on guys like the South Carolina fatty or the Thomas or the Simmons because #2 WR isn't perfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Poet View Post
    The era of great LT play is over.
    I got a lil bit o dog ears going on here. We are talking about football right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

I disagree. We don't have a second WR. We have a TE. Unless that TE is producing at a Kelce/Gronk/Old School Jimmy Graham type level, you're lucky to get 800 yards out of them. Morever, Gordon is a RB. You need threats on every single level and we do have them, but that doesn't mean they are a WR2. Teams can double your one WR threat and jam the middle of the field which impacts both the TE and RB routess.

It's a tackle heavy draft and we could still trade for Trent Williams. There's only one real legit elite talent at LT in the draft. The era of great LT play is over.
    Not trying to be a smartass or start an argument but, what is better:

A) Lock with ample time to scan the field, go through his reads and throw to the open man, even if it’s Tim Patrick or Juwan Winfree.

or

B) Lock scrambling under immediate pressure And having to check down, throw it away or take a sack while waiting for Ruggs to get 40 yds downfield?

Yes I know a second receiver can help open up the defense, but with time, the receivers we do have can get open. I’m not ready to give up on Hamilton in the slot either. Some receivers take some time to develop. He really came on once Lock was in the lineup. How many shit QBs have our WRs had throwing to them? Sometimes the QB makes the difference.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Bolles' issue isn't so much sacks as it is penalties. He's literally an average LT in today's NFL game. We'd be getting great value with his production at that salary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Bolles' issue isn't so much sacks as it is penalties. He's literally an average LT in today's NFL game. We'd be getting great value with his production at that salary.
    There is great depth at tackle receiver and off ball backer in this draft imo. But instant impact at tackle is probably in the 1st while it can be had later at the other positions.

8. The Following User High Fived Jsteve01 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    There is great depth at tackle receiver and off ball backer in this draft imo. But instant impact at tackle is probably in the 1st while it can be had later at the other positions.
    It used to be that the safest pick in the draft/s were LT's. Now it's one of the riskiest picks and the league is becoming more and more collegiate like in offense. I think it's a pick that is losing some value, JSteve. I'm just floating the idea is all.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

I dont want to touch WR in rd 1 personally.....2nd-3rd rds have guys that absolutely can come be for Sutton what Sanders was to DT.....a great #2.....

The Issue I currently have with OT is 15 is to high in my mind from a value perspective for either Jackson or Jones, the other 4 I belive will be gone by 15 and only 2 of them are really LT's anyway....That Leaves ILB, DT, or trade back in my opinion. I still belive OT is a top need for us, but the value has to make sense....especially if they dont start day 1.
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

It used to be that the safest pick in the draft/s were LT's. Now it's one of the riskiest picks and the league is becoming more and more collegiate like in offense. I think it's a pick that is losing some value, JSteve. I'm just floating the idea is all.
    I understand what you're saying man. But I am not at all convinced that I'm going to get better production out of a guy like ruggs then I am out of a guy like Reagor or Aiyuk. I'm definitely not saying wait until the fourth or fifth round to draft a wide receiver. I'm just saying if I had to choose between the two I feel like it's more of a sure thing drafting a tackle in the first round then in the second. Where as I'd be confident in about six receivers in this draft.

13. The Following User High Fived Jsteve01 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    I understand what you're saying man. But I am not at all convinced that I'm going to get better production out of a guy like ruggs then I am out of a guy like Reagor or Aiyuk. I'm definitely not saying wait until the fourth or fifth round to draft a wide receiver. I'm just saying if I had to choose between the two I feel like it's more of a sure thing drafting a tackle in the first round then in the second. Where as I'd be confident in about six receivers in this draft.
    Here's the thing that I want to point out - in this deep WR class a guy like Ruggs stands out above so many of them. Yeah, this is a deep WR class, but most of these guys aren't elite prospects. In 2020 to land a guy with top ten talent at WR, on a rookie contract, and he doesn't have to even play like a number one WR? Please. People act like Wrs aren't worth anything, but I seem to remember the Niners Dynasty having Rice, the Steelers Dynasty having Stallworth and Swann, the Cowboys have Michael Irvin, the Eagles spent all kinds of assets on WR, Manning had Marvin Harrison on his SB team, etc. etc. etc.

It's not that LT isn't more important a position. It's just the landscape is changing. It's fine to have an average LT in today's game. Because the difference between average and above average is now the smallest it's ever been. Unless the guy is going to be a throwback elite guy in terms of production, who cares? Spare me the massive contrac for a guy who is barely better than a LT that ain't ever gonna make a Pro Bowl.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Here's the thing that I want to point out - in this deep WR class a guy like Ruggs stands out above so many of them. Yeah, this is a deep WR class, but most of these guys aren't elite prospects. In 2020 to land a guy with top ten talent at WR, on a rookie contract, and he doesn't have to even play like a number one WR? Please. People act like Wrs aren't worth anything, but I seem to remember the Niners Dynasty having Rice, the Steelers Dynasty having Stallworth and Swann, the Cowboys have Michael Irvin, the Eagles spent all kinds of assets on WR, Manning had Marvin Harrison on his SB team, etc. etc. etc.

It's not that LT isn't more important a position. It's just the landscape is changing. It's fine to have an average LT in today's game. Because the difference between average and above average is now the smallest it's ever been. Unless the guy is going to be a throwback elite guy in terms of production, who cares? Spare me the massive contrac for a guy who is barely better than a LT that ain't ever gonna make a Pro Bowl.
    For me-

We dont need a elite Tyreek hill type its a rarity through and through and even he almost busted for being a dumbass....its literaly him and Djax as the last 2 in a decade.....I dont care what people say........for every attempt at his type of so called cant miss speed demon in the draft the majority end up busting....I dont want Sutton to become a semi-used Sammy watkins. Sutton is our number 1 now we need a Chris goodwin type compliment. you absolutely can find that in rd 2 cause thats what happened to sutton....Higgins and Jefferson even aiyuk are these type of players and are 1st rd talent in a deep class, so they slide naturally just like sutton did......
    Last edited by Elevation inc; 04-04-2020 at 02:38 PM.

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

16. The Following 5 Users High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Netane Muti

Found this interesting:

The 2020 NFL mock draft database

Here at SB Nation, we’re rounding up mock drafts from all over the internet, chewing them up, and spitting out the most popular results for each team. In a survey of 49 mock drafts, these are the results (this will be continually updated ahead of the draft):

At #15 Denver Broncos
    Alabama WR Henry Ruggs III (36.7%)
    South Carolina DT Javon Kinlaw (12.2%)
    Oklahoma WR CeeDee Lamb (12.2%)

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2020/4/...-mock-database
    Last edited by LTC Pain; 04-04-2020 at 03:43 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by LTC Pain View Post
    Found this interesting:

The 2020 NFL mock draft database

Here at SB Nation, we’re rounding up mock drafts from all over the internet, chewing them up, and spitting out the most popular results for each team. In a survey of 49 mock drafts, these are the results (this will be continually updated ahead of the draft):

At #15 Denver Broncos
    Alabama WR Henry Ruggs III (36.7%)
    South Carolina DT Javon Kinlaw (12.2%)
    Oklahoma WR CeeDee Lamb (12.2%)

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2020/4/...-mock-database
    Im legit going to loose my shit if we draft Ruggs .....Love kinlaw if his knee checks out.....love murray at ILB, if Okudah drops go that way as well.....If we do have a OT at 15 fine I wont be that mad, but why not trade back for a similar tackle talent in Jackson or Jones who are just a tad more raw but both are projected to develop in starting LT's in the pro's......

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    For me-

We dont need a elite Tyreek hill type its a rarity through and through and even he almost busted for being a dumbass....its literaly him and Djax as the last 2 in a decade.....I dont care what people say........for every attempt at his type of so called cant miss speed demon in the draft the majority end up busting....I dont want Sutton to become a semi-used Sammy watkins. Sutton is our number 1 now we need a Chris goodwin type compliment. you absolutely can find that in rd 2 cause thats what happened to sutton....Higgins and Jefferson are both these type of players and our 1st rd talent in a deep class, so they slide naturally just like sutton did......
    Why would a burner WR take away from Sutton?

In the last decade you have Hill, Jackson, Martavus Bryant from Pittsburgh, Will Fuller, Brandon Cooks, Taywan Taylor, Marquise Goodwin...so I don't agree with your assessment of speed not being important or prevalent. Mike Wallace had some jets and he's had a good career.

Don't reach for a worse prospect - that's how we wound up in this mess.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Most likely a 4th-6th round pick and fast. Lets not waste a first rounder on a WR this year, its incredibly deep in this draft.

21. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Why would a burner WR take away from Sutton?

In the last decade you have Hill, Jackson, Martavus Bryant from Pittsburgh, Will Fuller, Brandon Cooks, Taywan Taylor, Marquise Goodwin...so I don't agree with your assessment of speed not being important or prevalent. Mike Wallace had some jets and he's had a good career.

Don't reach for a worse prospect - that's how we wound up in this mess.
    not one of those names outside Jackson and hill are worth a damn including wallace who had what 2 solid years(none of them mentioned are first round value vs production outside of hill or jackson though...thats my point).....Hollywood brown may have a shot but doubtful he makes it through 16 games consistently as well

I agree you dont reach for a worse prospect. Taking a 1st rd talent who fell because of positional attrition or team needs in rd 2 is a steal not a reach

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

23. The Following 2 Users High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information