Do you want to see him in Denver?

What would you give up for him?

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Hell no.

3. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Maybe after 2021. Musical chairs at QB and OC is doom unless that QB or OC are masters (eg Manning, Reid). The rest of these scrubs like Darnold, Lock, Shurmur, Scangarello....they need stability and consistency to find success and then confidence. That never happens with constant 1 and done...it wouldn't have happened for Manning either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

5. The Following 3 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Id rather wentz. I said when Darnold came out that I like chad kelly better.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

7. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Id rather wentz. I said when Darnold came out that I like chad kelly better.
    I wouldn't hate Wentz on the very cheap to come in and compete, but I think some team will look at his "talent" (that we haven't seen in like 3 years now) and pay him more then he's worth.

Darnold would be fine as a backup I guess but he still stinks as an option to start.
    Last edited by BroncoWave; 12-07-2020 at 01:48 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    I wouldn't hate Wentz on the very cheap to come in and compete, but I think some team will look at his "talent" (that we haven't seen in like 3 years now) and pay him more then he's worth.

Darnold would be fine as a backup I guess but he still stinks as an option to start.
    I just don't see how any are better than Lock (and his potential).

MO be damned.

10. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    I just don't see how any are better than Lock (and his potential).

MO be damned.
    I agree there is no one that will be available this offseason that will be a clear upgrade. But I also think we should bring in someone with a pulse who will be a good backup but could also push for the job.

12. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

I agree there is no one that will be available this offseason that will be a clear upgrade. But I also think we should bring in someone with a pulse who will be a good backup but could also push for the job.
    I can see that logic.

I just don't think the ones mentioned in the thread are that guy, and I'm not sure there's one out there either.

I'm loyal to a fault sometimes, and I freely admit that.

14. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I can see that logic.

I just don't think the ones mentioned in the thread are that guy.
    I actually wouldn't hate Darnold or Wentz if either came on the super cheap. They kinda fit the model the Titans hit with Tannehill. A young guy who was drafted high and for whatever reason it didn't work out with this first team and just needed a change of scenery. I certainly wouldn't want to pay a lot for either of those guys, but if they came cheap I'd certainly take a flier.

16. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

I actually wouldn't hate Darnold or Wentz if either came on the super cheap. They kinda fit the model the Titans hit with Tannehill. A young guy who was drafted high and for whatever reason it didn't work out with this first team and just needed a change of scenery. I certainly wouldn't want to pay a lot for either of those guys, but if they came cheap I'd certainly take a flier.
    I get it.

I just want Lock to succeed! And, I think that's possible with a bit more time and interaction with his coaches. This year is a throw-away year with all the rookies/young players and new coaches. Not to mention COVID!

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I get it.

I just want Lock to succeed! And, I think that's possible with a bit more time and interaction with his coaches. This year is a throw-away year with all the rookies/young players and new coaches. Not to mention COVID!
    For sure. That's obviously the best case scenario that everything just clicks for Lock next year and he's just the guy.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I get it.

I just want them to stick with him or move on. One or the other, not wish-washy decision making that doesn’t allow him to know whether or not he needs to be the guy or not.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

21. The Following 4 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I just want them to stick with him or move on. One or the other, not wish-washy decision making that doesn’t allow him to know whether or not he needs to be the guy or not.
    Agreed. I think he can be that guy, but what do I know?

They're not going to move on after this f*ed up year. No way. If they do, I'd be disappointed.

23. The Following 4 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I don't think it's wishy-washy to give your team more than one option. This is ****ing pro sports. If Lock is the guy, it won't matter who else we brought in.

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Darnold is better than Lock IMO but it may be close. I liked Lock coming in, but he simply isn't good. We have weapons. We have improved the blocking. He simply looks below average. Awful footwork and decision making. He is good on the move but can't read a defense from the pocket. I say keep the coaches and get him some competition. But I wouldn't give up a 1 for Darnold. Ideally a 3, but someone will give more.
    Last edited by SmilinAssasSin27; 12-07-2020 at 02:40 PM.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information