Page 12 of 78 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 NFL Draft

The shadow of Pikes Peak (aka the lee of the stone)
    Adopted Bronco:
    Wesley Woodyard

There are SO MANY good WRs in this draft. I honestly haven't taken the time to sort them, there's just too many. If you look at some top-100 boards, fully 20% are WRs. Several of those guys are gonna drop. It's hard for me to justify a 1st round pick on a WR when there are gonna be 1st round talents in the 2nd round.

I understand BPA, but there's also the positional drop to consider, and if my BPA is a WR but in 30 picks I can get a WR ranked 5 or 10 positions lower on my board while if I don't take an OT the positional drop is like 50, then I probably don't take the WR first.

This was basically the bet that Elway placed last year, taking Fant first and then following w Lock. I certainly hope Denver takes at least one if not two wideouts in the first 4 rounds, there are just precious few wideouts I'd pick in the top-half of the first.
    "Dream as if you will live forever. Live as if you'll die today."
    -- James Dean

My novels Mason's Order and its sequel Mason's Pledge are now available at Amazon in both paperback and kindle versions.

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived G_Money For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Everybody hates Bolles, for good reason, but the last 2 games have given me a sliver of hope.

If he could just be a C+ starter with Locks mobility we are so much better off.

no doubt. . . I wouldn't put money on it, though. . . the donks better hedge their bets. . . they need another right tackle even if they do manage to fix bolles. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

4. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

The shadow of Pikes Peak (aka the lee of the stone)
    Adopted Bronco:
    Wesley Woodyard

I want a tackle and a center from this draft. It doesn't necessarily HAVE to be a LT, depending on how the board falls, but you gotta get some studs for that line. Denver can chip help Bolles if they have to w backs and TEs if they don't get a day 1 LT in this draft, and Drew's mobility will certainly help them keep him out of harm's way, but you gotta add two good players for that OL.

Ja'Wuan James has too high a cap figure to cut, but Leary can be. Risner and Schlottmann are interesting for the future on the interior and McGovern is showing versatility at C/OG, but I'd like a better center and at least one Tackle who can handle his business consistently.

Can't get a lot done without really good OL play, and I want Denver to be able to let their playmakers on offense show themselves.
    "Dream as if you will live forever. Live as if you'll die today."
    -- James Dean

My novels Mason's Order and its sequel Mason's Pledge are now available at Amazon in both paperback and kindle versions.

We should look at signing Castonzo (spelling) from Indy in FA. He's still very good, and has given up zero sacks this year. If that isn't feasible, just go and trade up for Thomas. I don't want the second best prospect, or the third best prospect. I don't care about it costing us depth. Fix the problem for quite some time. Castonzo does it for at least three or four seasons. At least. Thomas for at least 5-8 years. At least. Barring injuries of course, but that can't be helped.

I'd also like to see us pick up another WR in the draft. If we sign Castonzo, CeeDee Lamb is a beast.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

People gonna be surprised on draft night with who goes where. Still lots of time.

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    People gonna be surprised on draft night with who goes where. Still lots of time.
    I know you're eagerly awaiting...liar's season!
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

10. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    I know you're eagerly awaiting...liar's season!
    Better than Christmas

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

Better than Christmas
    I feel like you and I just bonded.

I've already done some mock drafts. Me? I know. Shocked me too!

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Not quite there yet. You clearly know who I want. Hopefully he'll be there when we pick at 14 or so.

Love the WRs, but the champions lately haven't needed monsters there. Just lots of depth. Have too many to cover and we can succeed. We can get ballers later on.

Gimme crazy oline picks, a CB, DL depth and let's roll.

16. The Following 3 Users High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Teams are going to reach for OT and QB its a given this upcoming draft.....Jordan Love just declared and now they are talking him up in the 1st rd.....
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Not quite there yet. You clearly know who I want. Hopefully he'll be there when we pick at 14 or so.

Love the WRs, but the champions lately haven't needed monsters there. Just lots of depth. Have too many to cover and we can succeed. We can get ballers later on.

Gimme crazy oline picks, a CB, DL depth and let's roll.
    The team would make big strides again next year if we managed to fix the OL and ensure CB and the DL are still strong.....

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    The team would make big strides again next year if we managed to fix the OL and ensure CB and the DL are still strong.....
    There's no position on the roster that is so bad that it can't be completely ignored this draft and free agency (with prime draft/FA resources).

Thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    There's no position on the roster that is so bad that it can't be completely ignored this draft and free agency (with prime draft/FA resources).

Thoughts?
    I would argue tackle Can't be ignored. Even if we ride with Bolles and James stops being a little baby, Elijah Wilkinson has no business there long term, spot starts okay I get it, but a true swing tackle would be ideal, cause then if James is a bitch and Bolles still sucks we have a viable replacement. Wilkinson is probably going to move inside to guard where I think he will replace Leary just fine.

CB and safety are absolute Wildcards depending on What happens, we could lose 2 of our top 3 Safeties to FA and also our top CB, also no guarantees what we will get out of Bryce at CB, Dawson is a number 4 CB at best Bausby is a legit number 2 in my eyes, so for me I'm def considering what to do at both of those positions in the draft as well as OT.....

As I have alluded to though I'm not reaching for a OT in the 12-15 range if It doesn't make sense when I can get a better value on a similar player in rd 2. That's why a ILB, S if needed, CB or even WR would make sense.....There is a absolute argument to be made for WR and if it makes sense in the top 15 picks over reaching for a tackle and you don't need a safety or CB then you go that route or trade back to make it work better for you and get a extra prospect.

We could even talk about the DL as 3 of our 4 our FA's. Does the FO have enough faith in Walker and Jones to replace 2 of those 3. If the answer is yes great, but you still need talented depth there so a DT at 12-15 makes sense as well. I'm tired of being the team that reaches for prospects, last year we played a very smart draft and if we do the same this year we are going to make a turnaround quicker then most realize.....

To only focus on a certain position or whatever need at 12-15 though would be foolhardy, you leave options for BPA open so at the end of the day even if the 1st rd pick didn't fill your biggest need at that moment you still upped the talent on your team. That's how good teams stay great from a talent perspective. You have elite talent a good price, then you fill around as required.

It starts and stops at the QB and the trenches on both sides....but to ignore talented players and reach for need just because the BPA isn't your top need is absolutely a foolhardy move.....

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Comes down to Bolles for me too. You could make the case that he's ok to start at LT for 2020.

I'm not saying I agree, but that a GM could swallow that poison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by hawgdriver View Post
    there's no position on the roster that is so bad that it can't be completely ignored this draft and free agency (with prime draft/fa resources).

Thoughts?
    ot. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

24. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information