Page 47 of 78 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47 48 49 57 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 NFL Draft

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    Both of them will be a instant upgrade to the psoition. Just by bumping Bolles to swing and Wilkinson out of play for Tackle...lol, but your right its not cut and dry, which is why we should stay true to our board, not reach or trade up at all for a WR, or T and take BPA....if its BPA at a position of need even better....
    That's where I'm on board. IF Thomas or Becton are there at 15...I have no problem with it. I just focus more on other positions because I don't expect them to be there and I don't want to trade up for a tackle that isn't a bona fide blue chip stud.

2. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Just out of curiosity...which tape did you seem them do well against speed rushers?
    Watch Becton tape against Clemson and Syracuse(most recent 2 I watched)....Dude just obliterates people, His ability to get to the second level oh my gawd.....dude his size, with that power and Atleticism...no way he makes it out of top 10.....Thomas has some very good tape agaisnt LSU, but he tends to struggle a tad more with speed then Bechton.....
    Last edited by Elevation inc; 04-09-2020 at 02:58 PM.
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

no both of them will be better then bolles instantly.....I have watched both against speedrushers for example, they do prett ydamn wel lfrom a technique standpoint, which is usually Bolles achilles heel, I didnt see a issue there. for all the talk of bolles physicality in the run game..its also kind of a myth to me, neither of them have those issues. I think either of those is Franchise starter at LT, an Jackon and jones will be within a year. Bolles is a very avg starter, with big mental hiccups throughout the year we should move on from....Better chance of making that happen in rd 1 then later
    So we can make a pick to get a mild upgrade? That sounds like a waste of a pick, especially when he's average. He being Bolles. There is less of a skill difference between Bolles and your guys than whomever our number two WR is and Ruggs. And there are several good LT's in the NFL who are second rounders. I'm not going to find a route runner with Ruggs' talent in the second round.

There's no point in investing heavily into LT when the average LT is being less and less skilled. The era of LT's being safe picks are dead and gone in my eyes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Is Lock going to fix the problem? We dont know that either. Not trying to bust your balls but we know Bolles isnt the answer the guy has failed 2 years in a row and im not buying he's improving based on just a few games in which Lock probably bailed him out more than the other way around. Denver needs to get serious about fixing the line but people want to get so enamored with these WR's who arent going to do shit their first year because our QB (something that you eluded to about the other receivers) cant get them the football. The receiving for Denver will improve once the Oline improves as well as a complimentary run game. Considering it takes a bit more time for lineman to make an impact its best to try and get started on that process now rather than 3 years from now. Unless of course Denver has a plan to get one in FA.
    I don't think Lock will have a problem getting rid of the ball. Bolles doesn't give up sacks...he tackles them before they get to the QB.

6. The Following 3 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

At the end of the day great QB's can make even the most average wr's good to great. Elway, Manning, Brady, often times have made some average wr's look like hof'rs. If Lock is the real deal im not really worried about guys like Patrick, Winfree, or even Hamelton at this point. But having a good oline is a must if you are trying to win championships.

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Watch his tape against Clemonson and Syracuse(most recent 2 I watched)....Dude just obliterates people, His ability to get to the second level oh my gawd.....dude his size, with that power and Atleticism...no way he makes it out of top 10.....
    Becton or Thomas?

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by Poet View Post
    So we can make a pick to get a mild upgrade? That sounds like a waste of a pick, especially when he's average. He being Bolles. There is less of a skill difference between Bolles and your guys than whomever our number two WR is and Ruggs. And there are several good LT's in the NFL who are second rounders. I'm not going to find a route runner with Ruggs' talent in the second round.

There's no point in investing heavily into LT when the average LT is being less and less skilled. The era of LT's being safe picks are dead and gone in my eyes.
    They are both way better then bolles....its not a safe pick its a frachise LT...thats not being safe thats building a championship......Reaching for Bolles in 2017 was panic and we have continued to pay the price....if either of those 2 are at 15 you pull the trigger if not you go BPA at position of need, if thats not there you go BPA thats how to draft properly.....

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Becton or Thomas?
    Becton first (clemson, syracuse), Thomas(LSU) second those were the 3 last games I watched for those 2......I came away impressed....I also liked that even though Georgia struggled alot on offesne. Thomas had a good in percentage vs pass rush....Thats production we need.....in a top tier conference not the Mountain west like Bolles...lol

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Poet View Post

The goal is always to get a 5-8 year starter at any position in the first round. Obviously, it doesn’t always happen, but that’s the goal. Even if the tackle is only somewhat better than Bolles, if he starts for five years and there’s no glaring problems, I think it’s a good pick.

I think the reason everyone assumes Denver will go receiver, is because the top tackles are usually gone in the first 10 picks, but it’s rare for receivers to go that high.

I don’t think it’s necessarily specific to the talent in this draft, but rather the history of how teams have evaluated where to draft what position.

I’d also disagree that there won’t be sure left tackles coming out. It may be harder to find because of the way college teams are using quick passes and shotgun runs nowadays, but they’re out there. I think receiver is always going to be more volatile in talent evaluation than a tackle. I think, for example, finding a second round or third round tackle who starts on the quarterback’s backside for 10 years is less likely than finding an immediate impact receiver in those rounds. I think you can look at the Gibson thread for an example of a guy who feasibly could make an immediate impact, but I’m not sure you’d find that at tackle in those rounds.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

I'll agree with most of this article, but when you are part of a trio that includes Jeudy and Devonta Smith...there are only so many balls to go around to rack up big numbers. Not defending Ruggs at top end talent...just stating the obvious
    but if we expand on that. He wasn't even the second best or most productive receiver on his own squad. So now we're going to say he's number two or three out of this entire draft class? That's been my beef as well. And if he were a guy that ran a 4.5or a 4.45 this wouldn't even be a discussion.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

So doing a mock now, Jax offered their 1st and 2nd pick this year for our first. So now we have #20 and #10 (round 2) plus the rest of our draft. Here are the players taken already plus the top rated players available. I want your feedback on who you would draft at 20.

1: R1P1
    QB JOE BURROW
    CINCINNATI BENGALS

2: R1P2
    EDGE CHASE YOUNG
    WASHINGTON REDSKINS

3: R1P3
    CB JEFFREY OKUDAH
    DETROIT LIONS

4: R1P4
    DL DERRICK BROWN
    NEW YORK GIANTS

5: R1P5
    QB TUA TAGOVAILOA
    MIAMI DOLPHINS

6: R1P6
    OT JEDRICK WILLS
    LA CHARGERS

7: R1P7
    DL JAVON KINLAW
    CAROLINA PANTHERS

8: R1P8
    OT MEKHI BECTON
    ARIZONA CARDINALS

9: R1P9
    QB JUSTIN HERBERT
    JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS

10: R1P10
    LB ISAIAH SIMMONS
    CLEVELAND BROWNS

11: R1P11
    OT TRISTAN WIRFS
    NEW YORK JETS

12: R1P12
    WR JERRY JEUDY
    LAS VEGAS RAIDERS

13: R1P13
    WR CEEDEE LAMB
    SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS

14: R1P14
    OT ANDREW THOMAS
    TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS

15: R1P15
    EDGE K'LAVON CHAISSON
    JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS

16: R1P16
    S XAVIER MCKINNEY
    ATLANTA FALCONS

17: R1P17
    EDGE YETUR GROSS-MATOS
    DALLAS COWBOYS

18: R1P18
    WR HENRY RUGGS III
    MIAMI DOLPHINS

19: R1P19
    CB A.J. TERRELL
    LAS VEGAS RAIDERS

16 EDGE A.J. EPENESA - IOWA
    18 CB CJ HENDERSON - FLORIDA
    19 QB JORDAN LOVE - UTAH STATE
    22 CB KRISTIAN FULTON - LSU
    23 S GRANT DELPIT - LSU
    24 RB JONATHAN TAYLOR - WISCONSIN
    25 LB KENNETH MURRAY - OKLAHOMA
    26 WR TEE HIGGINS - CLEMSON
    27 DL NEVILLE GALLIMORE - OKLAHOMA
    28 CB TREVON DIGGS - ALABAMA
    29 DL ROSS BLACKLOCK - TCU
    31 WR JUSTIN JEFFERSON - LSU
    32 OT JOSH JONES - HOUSTON
    33 WR LAVISKA SHENAULT JR. - COLORADO
    34 LB PATRICK QUEEN - LSU
    35 LB ZACK BAUN - WISCONSIN
    36 CB JEFF GLADNEY - TCU
    37 CB NOAH IGBINOGHENE - AUBURN

Adopted Bronco:

Becton first (clemson, syracuse), Thomas(LSU) second those were the 3 last games I watched for those 2......I came away impressed....I also liked that even though Georgia struggled alot on offesne. Thomas had a good in percentage vs pass rush....Thats production we need.....in a top tier conference not the Mountain west like Bolles...lol
    That's one of the reasons I struggle with Thomas a bit. Despite it's overall talent, the SEC just doesn't boast some of the best defenses...and certainly not some of the best pass rushers. I look at the Big 10 for that...which would make me lean toward Wirfs. Except...he played on the right side there. Which baffles me more considering Alaric Jackson's shortcomings on the left side. And as I type this, I realize I'm obviously putting way too much thought into it

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

That's one of the reasons I struggle with Thomas a bit. Despite it's overall talent, the SEC just doesn't boast some of the best defenses...and certainly not some of the best pass rushers. I look at the Big 10 for that...which would make me lean toward Wirfs. Except...he played on the right side there. Which baffles me more considering Alaric Jackson's shortcomings on the left side. And as I type this, I realize I'm obviously putting way too much thought into it
    You may be putting a lot of thought into it but i hope that Elway and company start doing that too.

19. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

So doing a mock now, Jax offered their 1st and 2nd pick this year for our first. So now we have #20 and #10 (round 2) plus the rest of our draft. Here are the players taken already plus the top rated players available. I want your feedback on who you would draft at 20.

QB JOE BURROW
    CINCINNATI BENGALS

EDGE CHASE YOUNG
    WASHINGTON REDSKINS

CB JEFFREY OKUDAH
    DETROIT LIONS

DL DERRICK BROWN
    NEW YORK GIANTS

QB TUA TAGOVAILOA
    MIAMI DOLPHINS

OT JEDRICK WILLS
    LA CHARGERS

DL JAVON KINLAW
    CAROLINA PANTHERS

OT MEKHI BECTON
    ARIZONA CARDINALS

QB JUSTIN HERBERT
    JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS

LB ISAIAH SIMMONS
    CLEVELAND BROWNS

OT TRISTAN WIRFS
    NEW YORK JETS

WR JERRY JEUDY
    LAS VEGAS RAIDERS

WR CEEDEE LAMB
    SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS

OT ANDREW THOMAS
    TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS

EDGE K'LAVON CHAISSON
    JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS

S XAVIER MCKINNEY
    ATLANTA FALCONS

EDGE YETUR GROSS-MATOS
    DALLAS COWBOYS

WR HENRY RUGGS III
    MIAMI DOLPHINS

CB A.J. TERRELL
    LAS VEGAS RAIDERS

23 S GRANT DELPIT - LSU
    36 CB JEFF GLADNEY - TCU
    Murray hands down

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

21. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

QB JOE BURROW
    CINCINNATI BENGALS

EDGE CHASE YOUNG
    WASHINGTON REDSKINS

CB JEFFREY OKUDAH
    DETROIT LIONS

DL DERRICK BROWN
    NEW YORK GIANTS

QB TUA TAGOVAILOA
    MIAMI DOLPHINS

OT JEDRICK WILLS
    LA CHARGERS

DL JAVON KINLAW
    CAROLINA PANTHERS

OT MEKHI BECTON
    ARIZONA CARDINALS

QB JUSTIN HERBERT
    JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS

LB ISAIAH SIMMONS
    CLEVELAND BROWNS

OT TRISTAN WIRFS
    NEW YORK JETS

WR JERRY JEUDY
    LAS VEGAS RAIDERS

WR CEEDEE LAMB
    SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS

OT ANDREW THOMAS
    TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS

EDGE K'LAVON CHAISSON
    JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS

S XAVIER MCKINNEY
    ATLANTA FALCONS

EDGE YETUR GROSS-MATOS
    DALLAS COWBOYS

WR HENRY RUGGS III
    MIAMI DOLPHINS

CB A.J. TERRELL
    LAS VEGAS RAIDERS

23 S GRANT DELPIT - LSU
    36 CB JEFF GLADNEY - TCU
    I toss between CJ Henderson and Kenneth Murray. But then I think about how Henderson struggles in zone sometimes and how Murray reminds me of Kwon Alexander 2.0 and I land on Murray.

23. The Following 2 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information