Page 68 of 78 FirstFirst ... 18 58 66 67 68 69 70 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1160

Thread: 2020 NFL Draft

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Fant can't work from the slot? Honest question.
    I think Fant should work from the slot more often than not.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by LTC Pain View Post
    https://twitter.com/DailyBroncos/sta...510712833?s=09

This tweet, per Broncos 365, says the Broncos are working on trading up to #10 with the Browns.
    I’m not sure I believe this for a second.

Maybe you ask what the price of picks are to see if you can go up if you’re targeting someone and want to take the risk, but you don’t make random pre-draft trades for five spots if those five spots aren’t in the first three picks of the draft. I imagine, or would at least hope, Elway has inquired the price of each of the picks before theirs, so he knows what it would take to get to a specific place in case someone he’s targeting falls to a spot.

You weigh what you have to give up against your player evaluation and see if it’s worth moving up, but you don’t make that trade before you know who’s going to be there. I just don’t believe he’d do that.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    So, not really a draft thing but the Bucs are reportedly shopping OJ Howard. I don’t know why. He’s got 2 years left on his rookie deal with a 5th year option. If I were Elway, I’d offer up a 3rd rounder and see I they bit. Running double TE sets with Howard an Fant could be dangerous.
    Insert obligatory Big Ten joke here __________________.

6. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m not sure I believe this for a second.

Maybe you ask what the price of picks are to see if you can go up if you’re targeting someone and want to take the risk, but you don’t make random pre-draft trades for five spots if those five spots aren’t in the first three picks of the draft. I imagine, or would at least hope, Elway has inquired the price of each of the picks before theirs, so he knows what it would take to get to a specific place in case someone he’s targeting falls to a spot.

You weigh what you have to give up against your player evaluation and see if it’s worth moving up, but you don’t make that trade before you know who’s going to be there. I just don’t believe he’d do that.
    True...but moving to 10 would pretty much guarantee he gets WR or OT. No way all 7 of them are gone in the first 9 picks, but they could all be gone after picks 10-14.

8. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    True...but moving to 10 would pretty much guarantee he gets WR or OT. No way all 7 of them are gone in the first 9 picks, but they could all be gone after picks 10-14.
    I still don’t do it pre-draft.

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

One hypothetical is that Elway believes there might be a run on QB's, too. So even a non-WR/LT might fall to him, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I still don’t do it pre-draft.
    in this scenario, I don't necessarily see the harm, but if I'm Cleveland...I definitely wait until draft day to do it. But, the article did say it was conversation, so odds are both teams are discussing it as a draft day deal.

14. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Shurmur's offense is pretty much predicated on 11 personnel. Having 2 receiving TE's is overkill unless you ran one from the slot and neither fits that role.
    So is the scheme that the Pats run, but they had no problems integrating both Gronk and Hernandez into the scheme and it was brutal for opposing defenses. Winners adapt their offensive scheme to their players. If Shurmur couldn’t find a way to use both Fant and Howard, perhaps he ain’t the right guy, either.

This isn’t gonna happen but it would be fun to have some TE weapons for a change. I’d imagine Howard is a better blocker than just about every TE on our roster, too. He’s on his rookie deal, is a former 1st round pick, and has definite skills. I love Fant, but he can’t play every down. All I was saying is Elway should kick the tires and see what the Bucs want.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

16. The Following User High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

https://walterfootball.com/draft2020sleepers.php

Some Charlie Campbell mid round sleepers
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

I think you just get 3 WR and 1 TE on the field and don’t worry about what their position is called, same can be said with 2 WR’s and 2 pass catching TE’s.

Sutton, Ruggs and Hamilton.
    Fant

Sutton and Ruggs
    Fant aaaaaaand David Njoku.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

I think you just get 3 WR and 1 TE on the field and don’t worry about what their position is called, same can be said with 2 WR’s and 2 pass catching TE’s.

Sutton, Ruggs and Hamilton.
    Fant

Sutton and Ruggs
    Fant aaaaaaand David Njoku.
    Jaded, if we took Ruggs, would you be happy?
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

20. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Poet View Post
    Jaded, if we took Ruggs, would you be happy?
    Oh man! Boner time!

And yes, even if a Top 4 T is still there ... as long as they don’t come back in round 2 with Ezra Sambrailo.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Oh man! Boner time!

And yes, even if a Top 4 T is still there ... as long as they don’t come back in round 2 with Ezra Sambrailo.
    Jaded...from now until the NFL draft begins...especially if I lose my bet...we're bringing back the style! One last time the band's getting back together! Brother Wave! Brother Jaded! Brother Abe! Brother Dan! It's time! WE RIDE!

#hashtagstyle
    #style
    #bandisback
    #styleGods
    #ohlawd
    #moonwalk
    #somebodygoindietonight
    #shegotbigsmileandshesmart2

23. The Following 2 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

I'm talking about that 80 yard bomb because Sutton and Fant's routes and Gordon's underneath route means some poor glorified LB has to run with Ruggs with a safety 10 or more yards back. With Lock's arm and Ruggs' ROUTE RUNNING and his EXCELLENT HANDS he will be a day one prime time player.

He is to WR's what Delion Sanders was to CB's.

Pure.

Style.

Oh but we won't style on fellow posters, or do dickish stuff. Well, you know what we mean. Like if we can't be a least slightly dickish then Jaded should have been banned before the site was even formed. See! That's the type of 'dickish' posts that are allowed. But not like flaming somoene. Yeah. Boom. The Law-of-Style is abide-d-d-d by.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information