Page 33 of 78 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 NFL Draft

Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    If we draft Jefferson at 15 I'll punch someone right in the urethra. Too much solid wr talent to do that. Now either scenario of Murray or Queen works for me but LT is the best option
    I'm that way with any wr in the 1st. Ol/DL/ILB/CB....if it's not that position it better be a trade back, and then wr I'd be okay with I guess.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

2. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    LT is by far the biggest issue on this team and people can’t stop obsessing about a No2 WR.

Btw, I’d like to point out that Denver got their current #1 WR in the 2nd round, and in this draft you’re likely to get a 1st round grade on a 2nd round WR.
    And yet others can't stop obsessing over left tackles that will never actually be left tackles in the NFL. Bechton and Thomas are the top 2 and both could likely be gone WELL before pick 15. Even then...both of them have a few question marks that won't be resolved before the season considering the current state of the world. So, the odds are...any LT they draft, will sit for awhile and Bolles will be given a chance to prove his 2nd half improvement wasn't an anomaly. I just don't see a 7-9 team with the 15th pick selecting an offensive lineman that is going to sit to start the season. Maybe I'm crazy

4. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Wondering how high in the 1st he'll go with this report.

NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport and NFL Network's Mike Garafolo report the former Alabama quarterback participated in a voluntary medical recheck Thursday facilitated by the NFL Scouting Combine with an independent doctor who was selected by NFL team physicians, per Tua's reps. Results "were overwhelmingly positive."

As part of the recheck, all 32 team doctors and trainers were able to provide input on what exams they wanted conducted, and a comprehensive examination was performed. The results were shared with all 32 clubs, according to Rapoport and Garafolo.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ingly-positive
    Avatar courtesy of Artist Faith Coyote

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    And yet others can't stop obsessing over left tackles that will never actually be left tackles in the NFL. Bechton and Thomas are the top 2 and both could likely be gone WELL before pick 15. Even then...both of them have a few question marks that won't be resolved before the season considering the current state of the world. So, the odds are...any LT they draft, will sit for awhile and Bolles will be given a chance to prove his 2nd half improvement wasn't an anomaly. I just don't see a 7-9 team with the 15th pick selecting an offensive lineman that is going to sit to start the season. Maybe I'm crazy
    CoachI know you've talked a little bit about defensive line. But in a perfect world who do you pick at 15? Quality offensive tackles are hard to come by. And this draft has several. So if you're not wanting one at 15. Would you be good with one in the second round? There are some good developmental day 2 prospects for sure. My whole thing with Garrett is that he is dumb as bricks. And although he seemed to tighten it up in the second half of the season I don't know that we can hope to sustain that long-term. And you've got a draft class that's loaded with tackle potential. I don't want to end up next year doing what we did when we drafted bowls and deciding that guess what this guy is a piece of crap and we have to draft somebody in the first round

7. The Following User High Fived Jsteve01 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    I dont think it gets to that point anyway. Willis, Bechton, Thomas and Wirfs are gone before 15 bank on it. wether or not they are ready teams are going to try and plug those guys as starters on the OL right away. I either trade back if Im that desperate for a OT and get jackson or Jones late in the 1st, with extra capital for rd 2 for C, ILB or WR. or I stay at 15 grab Kinlaw if his knee checks out, or Murray at ILB, or even Possibly Okudah who may drop out of the top ten now since according to Charlie Campbell Teams feel Henderson is actually the better CB cover guy and will go ahead of him....He sucks at tackling but teams apprently feel it was just a anomaly last year casue he was hiding injury....This was shocking to me.....

For me I think you trade back from 15....or you stand pat and take Kinlaw or Murray.....
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    I dont think it gets to that point anyway. Willis, Bechton, Thomas and Wirfs are gone before 15 bank on it. wether or not they are ready teams are going to try and plug those guys as starters on the OL right away. I either trade back if Im that desperate for a OT and get jackson or Jones late in the 1st, with extra capital for rd 2 for C, ILB or WR. or I stay at 15 grab Kinlaw if his knee checks out, or Murray at ILB, or even Possibly Okudah who may drop out of the top ten now since according to Charlie Campbell Teams feel Henderson is actually the better CB cover guy and will go ahead of him....He sucks at tackling but teams apprently feel it was just a anomaly last year casue he was hiding injury....This was shocking to me.....

For me I think you trade back from 15....or you stand pat and take Kinlaw or Murray.....
    Teams will get what they deserve if they draft Henderson over Okudah.

10. The Following User High Fived Jsteve01 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

I dont disagree, I'm not a fan of corners that struggle to tackle........below is the snippett and a link....

https://walterfootball.com/nflhotpre...ould-go-Top-10

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

I dont disagree, I'm not a fan of corners that struggle to tackle........below is the snippett and a link....

Deion Sanders gonna yell at you.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

13. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Netane Muti

Maybe Henderson needs a "No Tackle Zone" flag to carry around the field. Then he can just wave the play to the other side of the field

15. The Following User High Fived LTC Pain For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

No I'd like to reframe that and just say one caveat. If it was all due to injury then I might be wrong. But it's just crazy how going into the combine okuda was considered one of the best cornerback prospects ever and now people are picking him apart. I've heard the Malcolm Jenkins comparison and obviously Jenkins ended up being a really good safety. I just think that'll kudos feet and hips are better and his technique is probably the best I've ever seen from a cornerback

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

No I'd like to reframe that and just say one caveat. If it was all due to injury then I might be wrong. But it's just crazy how going into the combine okuda was considered one of the best cornerback prospects ever and now people are picking him apart. I've heard the Malcolm Jenkins comparison and obviously Jenkins ended up being a really good safety. I just think that'll kudos feet and hips are better and his technique is probably the best I've ever seen from a cornerback
    Its the typical post combine crap....

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

18. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Netane Muti

Sports Illustrated: WR vs. OT: Answering Which Should Take Precedence for Broncos at Pick 15.
    https://www.si.com/nfl/broncos/draft...gs-jerry-jeudy

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by LTC Pain View Post
    Sports Illustrated: WR vs. OT: Answering Which Should Take Precedence for Broncos at Pick 15.
    always do the opposite of what the comic book says. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

21. The Following 2 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by LTC Pain View Post
    I disagree. We have a 2nd and 3rd receiver on this team already. Their names are Fant and Gordon. Bringing in a high draft pick WR (who usually don’t make a huge difference their first year anyway) should be much farther down the list than OT and ILB. There are serviceable 4th and 5th targets on this team. Yes it would be great to get a solid #2 to Sutton to help prevent double teams, but it’s not as important as keeping Drew upright or stopping opposing TEs from having their way with our D.

This draft is deep in WR and you can get talent in later rounds. Bolles is a shaky, inconsistent starter at best and a detriment at worst. James has yet to prove he can stay healthy. Wilkinson is JAG. That to me says OT is a huge need. There is no downside to having too many good Olinemen. It’s almost a guarantee at least one will miss time due to injury. Top tier OTs can usually play anywhere on the OL effectively or bump a G to C like Glasgow. There’s No downside to drafting one in the 1st. ILB is also a need. We have 2 pretty good downhill thumpers, but they’re all but useless in coverage. If it’s me, I take an OT or Murray at 15.
    Last edited by HORSEPOWER 56; 04-03-2020 at 10:31 PM.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

23. The Following 3 Users High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    I disagree. We have a 2nd and 3rd receiver on this team already. Their names are Fant and Gordon. Bringing in a high draft pick WR (who usually don’t make a huge difference their first year anyway) should be much farther down the list than OT and ILB. There are serviceable 4th and 5th targets on this team. Yes it would be great to get a solid #2 to Sutton to help prevent double teams, but it’s not as important as keeping Drew upright or stopping opposing TEs from having their way with our D.

This draft is deep in WR and you can get talent in later rounds. Bolles is a shaky, inconsistent starter at best and a detriment at worst. James has yet to prove he can stay healthy. Wilkinson is JAG. That to me says OT is a huge need. There is no downside to having too many good Olinemen. It’s almost a guarantee at least one will miss time due to injury. Top tier OTs can usually play anywhere on the OL effectively or bump a G to C like Glasgow. There’s No downside to drafting one in the 1st. ILB is also a need. We have 2 pretty good downhill thumpers, but they’re all but useless in coverage. If it’s me, I take an OT or Murray at 15.
    I disagree. We don't have a second WR. We have a TE. Unless that TE is producing at a Kelce/Gronk/Old School Jimmy Graham type level, you're lucky to get 800 yards out of them. Morever, Gordon is a RB. You need threats on every single level and we do have them, but that doesn't mean they are a WR2. Teams can double your one WR threat and jam the middle of the field which impacts both the TE and RB routess.

It's a tackle heavy draft and we could still trade for Trent Williams. There's only one real legit elite talent at LT in the draft. The era of great LT play is over.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information