Page 71 of 78 FirstFirst ... 21 61 69 70 71 72 73 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 1160

Thread: 2020 NFL Draft

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Quote Originally Posted by Spiritguy View Post

From what I read there was a minor glitch during the first pick and after that good to go.

Without all the interviews etc.. that normally happen this month as been a challenge. These next few days are going to be hard. Any real football news has been too long ago now.
    I've been involved with three groups that had to switch to Skype or Zoom meetings during the lockdown. Every one of them had about 15 minutes of glitches to work through when they first began and then things went well. Teams may have to mute themselves when they are not on the clock and use separate phones to backchannel trade offers and other communications.

Keep in mind, many GMs bad-mouthed the idea of holding the draft on time because they wanted more time for workouts and scouting. Therefore, it's not hard for the media to find unhappy campers who want to bitch about any glitch at all that comes out of the trial run. To me, it's a non-issue.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    I've been involved with three groups that had to switch to Skype or Zoom meetings during the lockdown. Every one of them had about 15 minutes of glitches to work through when they first began and then things went well. Teams may have to mute themselves when they are not on the clock and use separate phones to backchannel trade offers and other communications.

Keep in mind, many GMs bad-mouthed the idea of holding the draft on time because they wanted more time for workouts and scouting. Therefore, it's not hard for the media to find unhappy campers who want to bitch about any glitch at all that comes out of the trial run. To me, it's a non-issue.
    I imagine the NFL will be in control of whatever application they use. The controller can mute everyone at once, then unmute those of their choosing. Wife has been using Zoom to stay in touch with her students daily. Sometimes one-on-one time, sometimes all of them (16). She loves the "mute all" feature - especially with a bunch of 3-5 year olds!

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Joe's wife sounds like such a nice person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

5. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Rewatching the 2017 draft on ESPN2 - the first thing Kiper said about Bolles is that he struggled with penalties and missed assignments in college.

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Rewatching the 2017 draft on ESPN2 - the first thing Kiper said about Bolles is that he struggled with penalties and missed assignments in college.
    But he's improved.

Adopted Bronco:
    Netane Muti

This has got be the dumbest trade proposal I've heard yet for the 2020 NFL Draft. From the Good Morning Football crew on the NFL Channel this morning. A fictitious scenario they created I might add. Two other (fictitious) teams made much more reasonable offers.

IMHO, OBJ is only worth a 2nd pick if that.

Dolphins get: OBJ

Browns get: 5th Overall Pick

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Browns already done with the OBJ experiment? And they wonder why they have a hard time winning ballgames. Lol

11. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by LTC Pain View Post
    This has got be the dumbest trade proposal I've heard yet for the 2020 NFL Draft. From the Good Morning Football crew on the NFL Channel this morning. A fictitious scenario they created I might add. Two other (fictitious) teams made much more reasonable offers.

IMHO, OBJ is only worth a 2nd pick if that.

Dolphins get: OBJ

Browns get: 5th Overall Pick
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I normally usually agree with stuff Mike Lombardi says on his podcast, but he just said something I hadn’t heard — Isaiah Simmons is a polarizing player among team front offices and many defensive coordinators think his skill set would be hard to work with?

What?
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I normally usually agree with stuff Mike Lombardi says on his podcast, but he just said something I hadn’t heard — Isaiah Simmons is a polarizing player among team front offices and many defensive coordinators think his skill set would be hard to work with?

What?
    I read an article somewhere that said the same. Along the lines of being a jack of all trades/master of none. Is he a SS, ILB, OLB? It mentioned him being good at all three and being moved around so much that he never really had a chance to master any of them. Right...wrong...indifferent...that's kind of the gist of the article. Maybe what coordinators are thinning as well. Or, it could all be smoke

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    I read an article somewhere that said the same. Along the lines of being a jack of all trades/master of none. Is he a SS, ILB, OLB? It mentioned him being good at all three and being moved around so much that he never really had a chance to master any of them. Right...wrong...indifferent...that's kind of the gist of the article. Maybe what coordinators are thinning as well. Or, it could all be smoke
    That sounds like smoke. But coordinators are stubborn folks ... fit my scheme!
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:

That sounds like smoke. But coordinators are stubborn folks ... fit my scheme!
    Which brings the question...how well does he fit in a Fangio system?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I think fantastically. Does he not fit that Roquan Smith all over the field mold? Am I not seeing this right?

He's perfect. And Fangio changed his scheme to accentuate players in the past, ranging from adding 'responsibilities' to guys like Willis, Smith, and Khalil Mack. If Fangio can't figure out what to do with an almost perfect player he's not worthy of being our HC...and I don't believe it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:

I think fantastically. Does he not fit that Roquan Smith all over the field mold? Am I not seeing this right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Poet View Post
    He's perfect. And Fangio changed his scheme to accentuate players in the past, ranging from adding 'responsibilities' to guys like Willis, Smith, and Khalil Mack. If Fangio can't figure out what to do with an almost perfect player he's not worthy of being our HC...and I don't believe it.
    It was just a devils advocate question. On paper, it seems obvious...just never know what the brass is thinking

20. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information