Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Who the devil is Brandon Allen?

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

Default Who the devil is Brandon Allen?

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived sneakers For This Post:

He's a dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

4. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Was a really good player in the SEC at Arkansas. Never played an NFL snap though, so he's a complete wildcard in that regard.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Just some dude, had a cup of coffee with Sean McVey ... so he “knows the system”.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

7. The Following 5 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dennis Smith #49

A placeholder until the Drew Lock era begins! Unless Drew can't beat out Allen (please let's not repeat: Trevor "Golden Arm" Siemian vs Paxton "Really Tall" Lynch)
    A woman's mind is cleaner than a man's: She changes it more often.
    Oliver Herford

9. The Following 6 Users High Fived D1g1tal j1m For This Post:

The shadow of Pikes Peak (aka the lee of the stone)
    Adopted Bronco:
    Wesley Woodyard

He was a QB with a good arm who can make most of the throws in the NFL, who played on a run-heavy Arkansas team and only got drafted because he had a couple good games his final season when he had to drag their butts outta the fire with some good passing work. Maybe he learned a lot riding the bench the last few years. But yeah, it's a Siemian thing where he's got one of those fragile looking builds but he can throw deep and avoided mistakes in college - easier to do when your team puts up 2K yards on the ground.

I never cared about him. SEC middle of the road QBs aren't exactly where it's at for finding pro signal callers. Guess I get to find out this week whether he's anything more than Drew Lock's seat-cozy, but I wish him the best. Denver needs a young QB to show the eff up the rest of this year and give them something to work with.
    "Dream as if you will live forever. Live as if you'll die today."
    -- James Dean

My novels Mason's Order and its sequel Mason's Pledge are now available at Amazon in both paperback and kindle versions.

11. The Following 4 Users High Fived G_Money For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by G_Money View Post
    He was a QB with a good arm who can make most of the throws in the NFL, who played on a run-heavy Arkansas team and only got drafted because he had a couple good games his final season when he had to drag their butts outta the fire with some good passing work. Maybe he learned a lot riding the bench the last few years. But yeah, it's a Siemian thing where he's got one of those fragile looking builds but he can throw deep and avoided mistakes in college - easier to do when your team puts up 2K yards on the ground.

I never cared about him. SEC middle of the road QBs aren't exactly where it's at for finding pro signal callers. Guess I get to find out this week whether he's anything more than Drew Lock's seat-cozy, but I wish him the best. Denver needs a young QB to show the eff up the rest of this year and give them something to work with.
    Do you think they'll bring up Brett Rypien? I'm not sure Lock is eligible yet. Conflicting reports out there.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Do you think they'll bring up Brett Rypien? I'm not sure Lock is eligible yet. Conflicting reports out there.
    Sounds like they are going to bring Lock back after the BYE to evaluate then if he starts it will be early December. I think they get 21 days to decide?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Every report I've seen says Rypien will be active this week. Where did you see anything conflicting that?

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Every report I've seen says Rypien will be active this week. Where did you see anything conflicting that?
    I should have been more clear - speculation as opposed to reports would be more accurate. Local radio, etc.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brian Griese

This week in the NFL, there will be 3 starting QB's with the last name "Allen". Kyle, Josh, and now Brandon. Has there ever been 3 QB's with the same last name starting in the NFL? Are we witnessing something special?

Adopted Bronco:
    All of them!

Quote Originally Posted by tripp View Post
    This week in the NFL, there will be 3 starting QB's with the last name "Allen". Kyle, Josh, and now Brandon. Has there ever been 3 QB's with the same last name starting in the NFL? Are we witnessing something special?
    Just another Horseman of the Apocalypse riding by.

Nothing to see here. Move along...

18. The Following User High Fived The Glue Factory For This Post:

Ok. The BENGALS are now officially smarter than Elway.

Report: Bengals benching Andy Dalton
    Posted by Josh Alper on October 29, 2019, 1:10 PM EDT

"Finley will presumably get the rest of the year to show that he’s capable of leading the offense in the future. Even if the fourth-round pick shows he can play, the Bengals may be in the market for a quarterback in the 2020 draft as they look like they’ll be picking quite early in the first round."
    You will go old and grey waiting for John Elway to say this. NOPE! No Drew Lock! Cause he's "not ready." And forget about using a top 10 pick on a QB! Elway has passed on a bunch because "we're not kicking Paxton to the curb!"

And he's never going to "get ready" unless he's given the chance to start. But, Elway is nothing if not stupid and stubborn. We're still in "win now" mode. So, no Lock.

If they beat the Browns the entire emphasis will be on getting Joe Flacco back so that they can "win now." Just as Elway was holding out hope for the Colts game. "If only we could get to 3 and 5 then who knows! We could make the playoffs!"

Lock is eligible to practice this week, but he's not practicing or being activated yet. As for after the bye, we'll see. Elway clearly does NOT want to go to Drew Lock because that would be admitting his imbecile Flacco Plan was a complete bust.

Perhaps if Flacco can mouth off at Scangerello a few more times?

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

i still cant believe lock hasnt been practicing now. has been ready for weeks i am hearing to practice

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information