Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Convos at the ole Office

Ellis is the guy who has to keep our drunken GM in check.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

I don’t know that Bowlen would’ve fired Elway by now, it took him 7 years of garbage drafts and FA’s to finally dump Shanatan.

Ellis is a bag of douche, **** him.
    Totally unfair! Shanahan won 2 SBs and totally turned the franchise around. And his record AFTER ELWAY was still vastly better than any Broncos coaches in the last 5 years.

He got fired despite winning 10, 10, 13, 7, 9, and 8 games his last six years as Broncos head coach and taking the team to the AFC Championship Game in 2005. He got fired for not consistently winning playoff games.

Today's Broncos can only dream of winning 6 games, the worst of Shanahan's records over his Broncos career. And the playoffs aren't even a thought.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    Totally unfair! Shanahan won 2 SBs and totally turned the franchise around. And his record AFTER ELWAY was still vastly better than any Broncos coaches in the last 5 years.

He got fired despite winning 10, 10, 13, 7, 9, and 8 games his last six years as Broncos head coach and taking the team to the AFC Championship Game in 2005. He got fired for not consistently winning playoff games.

Today's Broncos can only dream of winning 6 games, the worst of Shanahan's records over his Broncos career. And the playoffs aren't even a thought.
    My points remain uncontested, try again.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    That's sordidly alliterative!
    https://memes.getyarn.io/yarn-clip/2...cxucdKL5S.copy

Btw, I had to google what you said here.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

5. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

My points remain uncontested, try again.
    Apparently you don't get it. Bowlen didn't get 7 years of trash football from Shanahan. He didn't get any years of garbage at all. He got mediocre football because Shanatan didn't draft very good QBs so in a conference with Manning, Brady and Roethlisberger he couldn't win playoff games or got to SBs.

He still won 7 to 10 games every year and was competitive in the division.
    This is vastly different. The current Broncos are much worse than anything Shanahan produced in his entire tenure.

Had Shanahan had 3 seasons in a row like this current team he'd have been fired in the early 2000's.

7. The Following User High Fived Cugel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Apparently you don't get it. Bowlen didn't get 7 years of trash football from Shanahan. He didn't get any years of garbage at all. He got mediocre football because Shanatan didn't draft very good QBs so in a conference with Manning, Brady and Roethlisberger he couldn't win playoff games or got to SBs.

He still won 7 to 10 games every year and was competitive in the division.
    This is vastly different. The current Broncos are much worse than anything Shanahan produced in his entire tenure.

Had Shanahan had 3 seasons in a row like this current team he'd have been fired in the early 2000's.
    He might have been given a little more slack because of the SB wins, but he would most probably be getting fire when the bye week comes right after Cleveland, unless they can put a beat down on the Browns that would make it a bit harder to justify a firing at that time.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Shanny Jr wasn't available when Fangs was hired. Shanny Jr was never coming here, he went where he wanted to go.

10. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

Davii...it's just supposed to be a joke.

Grump grump grump.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    Shanny Jr wasn't available when Fangs was hired. Shanny Jr was never coming here, he went where he wanted to go.
    He interviewed here and would have signed here had John Elway made him an offer. He interviewed here first before he went to SF.

Elway was very impressed. So much so that he had to make a total re-evaluation of his decision to hire Vance. Then he concluded to just go ahead and make the decision he had already made -- and hire VJ.

If he had no interest in the Denver job he wouldn't have interviewed for it. He was interested. But, Elway would have had to make him a competitive offer with what SF offered.

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    He might have been given a little more slack because of the SB wins, but he would most probably be getting fire when the bye week comes right after Cleveland, unless they can put a beat down on the Browns that would make it a bit harder to justify a firing at that time.
    There's no point in firing the GM during the season when he's not doing much, but after it you can evaluate how the players he signed performed. And fire him then.

There's no point in firing the GM during the season when he's not doing much, but after it you can evaluate how the players he signed performed. And fire him then.
    When your team is a steaming pile of inconsistent, and there is no direction but sideways, firing a gm would send a message. So sure there is a reason to do it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Saw this article, thought "Broncos."

https://getpocket.com/explore/item/s...=pocket-newtab
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

16. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Davii...it's just supposed to be a joke.

Grump grump grump.
    Then put it in the lounge.

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    Then put it in the lounge.
    We've had joke threads in normal part like the preemptive "fire the new coach" ones, but okay. Sorry.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

I'm pretty sure Shanny was the GM as well, so his firing actually opened up 2 job positions.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information