Poll: Elway should be fired/resign.

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 21 of 33 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast

Thread: Elway

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    You're a bust
    Bust on your face
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Denver did move up, what are you talking about.
    Did they move up for Wentz?

Did they move up for Goff?

That's what I'm talking about. UR basically hit us with the 'well we thought those guys were good' like that matters. We didn't think they were good enough to beat some other teams to the punch, so we didn't like them enough! I'm grumpy right now. I have what looks like the flu. I'm on 3 hours of sleep. I've been on the phone all day with lawyers, coordinating them with schedules. One of them didn't know how to rotate a PDF page!

Why couldn't he ******* right click it and hit rotate?

WHY?!??!?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Did they move up for Wentz?

Did they move up for Goff?

That's what I'm talking about. UR basically hit us with the 'well we thought those guys were good' like that matters. We didn't think they were good enough to beat some other teams to the punch, so we didn't like them enough! I'm grumpy right now. I have what looks like the flu. I'm on 3 hours of sleep. I've been on the phone all day with lawyers, coordinating them with schedules. One of them didn't know how to rotate a PDF page!

Why couldn't he ******* right click it and hit rotate?

WHY?!??!?
    Don't you ever take that tone with Hawg!

He can rotate a PDF page.

You fat gravy-titty-bitch.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

It's easy to say "omfg we liked these guys we just couldn't draft them," when both Goff and Wentz were drafted by teams who traded up for them. If you like a guy and think he's a great Qb talent, worthy of taking at the top of the first, you move up to get them. If you don't do that, you don't get to say "oh well we liked them." Denver certainly could have traded picks to move up. They didn't. I bet we 'loved' almost every hugely talented first rounder who rack up Pro Bowls and All Pros.
    we did move up for lynch.

I for one am happy we did not move up for wentz or goff or the others. It would have cost at least 2 or 3 years first round picks and then some. Remember Shanny moving up for RG3. it was 2 1sts, 2 2nds, 2 3rds,

Now, we can argue elways drafting or lack thereof, but if we base it off of say last year when we were in a slight position to move from 5 to 1....That means no CHubb, No Sutton, No Risner, No fant, no extra 3rd pick this year, No Lock, No Yaidom (haha probably a good thing)......

I would rather all of those players than Baker.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.

7. The Following 5 Users High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post

I for one am happy we did not move up for wentz or goff or the others. It would have cost at least 2 or 3 years first round picks and then some. Remember Shanny moving up for RG3. it was 2 1sts, 2 2nds, 2 3rds,

Now, we can argue elways drafting or lack thereof, but if we base it off of say last year when we were in a slight position to move from 5 to 1....That means no CHubb, No Sutton, No Risner, No fant, no extra 3rd pick this year, No Lock, No Yaidom (haha probably a good thing)......

Moving up for other players means nothing when you're saying "we're good at evaluating Qbs we loved goff and wentz'. Other teams moved up for those two guys, who are pretty good Qb's. We moved up and got dookie.

Moving up for other players means nothing when you're saying "we're good at evaluating Qbs we loved goff and wentz'. Other teams moved up for those two guys, who are pretty good Qb's. We moved up and got dookie.

We did, but this brings us full circle. It was stated we suck at evaluating QBs. This is total crap. It is a crap statement. Every team sucks when they do not have a QB. We are one of those right now. It is super hard for ANY team to get one of those QBs. The few teams that do have them got them with the #1 or #2 overall pick, etc. We have never been in that position.

Had we been in position for Wentz, baker, Goff, etc. We would have drafted them. We have Lock now, whom they believe does have the goods, but is not polished enough to display them.
    The Plan at the moment:

Players I want:

10. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

We can agree to disagree, UR. Sorry if I came across as rude. It's been a brutal day. It doesn't excuse my rude tone, and I apologize again.

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

We did, but this brings us full circle. It was stated we suck at evaluating QBs. This is total crap. It is a crap statement. Every team sucks when they do not have a QB. We are one of those right now. It is super hard for ANY team to get one of those QBs. The few teams that do have them got them with the #1 or #2 overall pick, etc. We have never been in that position.

Had we been in position for Wentz, baker, Goff, etc. We would have drafted them. We have Lock now, whom they believe does have the goods, but is not polished enough to display them.
    Literally every team says they "loved" players who wind up being stars. I don't buy it for a second. And I bet the Broncos "hated"' the Trubiskys of the world.

14. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

We can agree to disagree, UR. Sorry if I came across as rude. It's been a brutal day. It doesn't excuse my rude tone, and I apologize again.
    YOU DO NOT DARE GET TO APOLOGIZE TO ME!!!!!
    Take that tone out of yo mouf! You are my lustking. Lustking87
    Stands for 87 times
    The Plan at the moment:

Players I want:

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Literally every team says they "loved" players who wind up being stars. I don't buy it for a second. And I bet the Broncos "hated"' the Trubiskys of the world.
    Except it was said before the draft and during the draft. Buy it son.
    I do not know if they hated the biscuits but we did not like the Rosens of the world at all.
    The Plan at the moment:

Players I want:

18. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

You also forgot no playoffs.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Don't you ever take that tone with Hawg!

He can rotate a PDF page.

You fat gravy-titty-bitch.
    Uh, was just saying they moved up to get their guy, they just aren't that good at finding guys (so far).
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

21. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Uh, was just saying they moved up to get their guy, they just aren't that good at finding guys (so far).
    When King87 gives King87 the business you gotta respect the inheritance lvl pwnage that goin' happenings' in here.

23. The Following 3 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Admittedly this is all in hindsight. But obviously they shouldn't have drafted Chubb. They had Shaqil Barrett who has 10 sacks already this year, but they didn't recognize his talent and let him walk. He just wanted to start and the Broncos wouldn't let him.

They should have moved up and taken a QB like Sam Darnold or else should have taken G Quenton Nelson to strengthen the crappy Oline.

Alternatively they could have accepted the trade with Buffalo that they had negotiated before Chubb became available, moved back and taken Derwin James at #10 while picking up 2 extra second round picks from Buffalo (#53 and #56 which the Bills gave Tampa to move up to #7 and draft Josh Allen), and still moved back up into the first and grabbed Lamar Jackson, but that would have involved changing the offense to be more of a spread concept, something Elway would never do.

He also has disdain for QBs who aren't 6-7 giraffes.
    Last edited by Cugel; 10-31-2019 at 10:02 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

dummies. . . they moved up for lock. . .

Boom!

now they just gotta play him. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

26. The Following 3 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information