Poll: Elway should be fired/resign.

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast

Thread: Elway

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    There was noise inside and outside the building that Shaq was the #2 edge talent. They knew he'd be good, but they figured they'd go another direction.

It's kind of a fluke, but it's also kind of a miss. Shaq didn't grow a third arm or something like that.
    No, and while he was someone we all liked, he also wasn't so dominant when he was filling in for others or part of the rotation, that he earned the starting gig.

I'm happy for him and was disappointed when he left, but if nobody expected this performance from him.

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Bolles is a starter
    Walker is a starter
    Mckenzie is a player for bills. Not a good draft. Butt is always hurt.

The last two drafts have not been a bit better. They have been incredible!
    Bolles is only starting because they invested a first round draft pick in him. He's beyond SUCK -- leads the NFL in holding penalties and had a TD called back because of his flagrant holding in the last game.

Way to spin Dude!

Walker is NOT a starter. The starters are Mike Purcell, Dremont Jones and Shelby Harris. Walker has been a marginal player since he got here.

Butt was hurt seriously in his last bowl game. He hasn't played at all in 3 years. That's a bust folks. I don't blame Jake for that. He's tried to come back. But, that's not an excuse for drafting him and worse, going into last season with no other viable option at TE (which contributed significantly to the 6-10 season).

Isiah was released due to butter-fingers. That's a bust. I don't care if he's on the Bills. That doesn't help the Broncos does it? Busted draft.

The 2019 draft is not "great!" unless the players in it are "great" and nobody can tell that yet or for another 2 years.

You ever get dizzy from all the orange-colored glasses spinning you're doing?

Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    There was noise inside and outside the building that Shaq was the #2 edge talent. They knew he'd be good, but they figured they'd go another direction.

It's kind of a fluke, but it's also kind of a miss. Shaq didn't grow a third arm or something like that.
    So: "He's got real talent! Could be out #2 edge rusher!" But, "we're going in a different direction!"

Typical Elway decision.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    So: "He's got real talent! Could be out #2 edge rusher!" But, "we're going in a different direction!"

Typical Elway decision.
    It's a closer call than that and you know it. Good grief man.

If you frame it as Von + Chubb vs. Von + Shaq + Nelson ... It's intriguing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I know Atwater was super high on Barrett while he was here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

I’m wondering if cugel is an advanced Turing test, perhaps ex machina style

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    Bolles is only starting because they invested a first round draft pick in him. He's beyond SUCK -- leads the NFL in holding penalties and had a TD called back because of his flagrant holding in the last game.

Way to spin Dude!

Walker is NOT a starter. The starters are Mike Purcell, Dremont Jones and Shelby Harris. Walker has been a marginal player since he got here.

Butt was hurt seriously in his last bowl game. He hasn't played at all in 3 years. That's a bust folks. I don't blame Jake for that. He's tried to come back. But, that's not an excuse for drafting him and worse, going into last season with no other viable option at TE (which contributed significantly to the 6-10 season).

Isiah was released due to butter-fingers. That's a bust. I don't care if he's on the Bills. That doesn't help the Broncos does it? Busted draft.

The 2019 draft is not "great!" unless the players in it are "great" and nobody can tell that yet or for another 2 years.

You ever get dizzy from all the orange-colored glasses spinning you're doing?
    Do you even watch the games? It was a block in the back - and a highly questionable call at that.

Even your hero Schlereth agrees. Plus, he's now using his initials when talking about him. He only used to refer to him as "72". Now, it's "GB 72" because he is, in fact, playing better under the proper coaching.

I hated that ******* call. FWIW, I hated it so much. It was a reputation call. IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

10. The Following 3 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Was listening to the Russillo podcast today and he dropped a really quick take on Elway that he kinda sped right past, but it definitely caught my attention. He said that Elway doesn't really work that hard as the GM. He said it in a fairly definitive way that made it sound like he heard that from someone in the organization. Anyone who is familiar with Russillo knows he doesn't usually just throw shit against the wall like that if he doesn't have a little info. I remember before the season he mentioned a few times that he knows guys inside the Broncos and knew they were really high on Lock, so it does sound like he has some sources there.

A few weeks ago I had speculated that given the lack of someone in the organization who can really hold Elway accountable he maybe is a little more relaxed than he should be. This might seem to point to that as well.

I don't know exactly what all that means. I don't think he should or will be fired at the very least until we see how Fangio/Lock ultimately pan out, but hearing from someone with connections in the org that Elway doesn't really put in the work definitely isn't great to hear.

12. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Was listening to the Russillo podcast today and he dropped a really quick take on Elway that he kinda sped right past, but it definitely caught my attention. He said that Elway doesn't really work that hard as the GM. He said it in a fairly definitive way that made it sound like he heard that from someone in the organization. Anyone who is familiar with Russillo knows he doesn't usually just throw shit against the wall like that if he doesn't have a little info. I remember before the season he mentioned a few times that he knows guys inside the Broncos and knew they were really high on Lock, so it does sound like he has some sources there.

A few weeks ago I had speculated that given the lack of someone in the organization who can really hold Elway accountable he maybe is a little more relaxed than he should be. This might seem to point to that as well.

I don't know exactly what all that means. I don't think he should or will be fired at the very least until we see how Fangio/Lock ultimately pan out, but hearing from someone with connections in the org that Elway doesn't really put in the work definitely isn't great to hear.
    I don’t think that comes as much of a surprise. Lots of fans are, and have been, hating on Elway since SB 50 ended. Most think he’s a terrible GM. Every single one of them was a guy who begged and pleaded for Elway not to draft Josh Allen and thought Chubb was a coup. Now they all act like Elway should’ve taken Allen. You know, the same guys who loved the Jeudy pick but now claim he’s the worst WR in this class and that Jefferson or Lamb was the “obvious” pick. I mean, seriously, what does a GM even do the first quarter of a season? Scout some college guys who may or may not even come out next year or may or may not have even played any meaningful football because of COVID? Who’s gonna fire him anyway? Ellis? Don’t make me laugh. Folks are screaming for new ownership, but be careful what you wish for. The last thing this team needs is a Dan Snyder or Jerruh Jones coming in thinking they need to run this thing. It would be a ******* disaster.

The bottom line is, if the Broncos aren’t out there winning playoff games and being competitive every year then heads must roll according to this fan base. Everyone is an armchair GM and everyone is better at it than Elway is. In my opinion, Elway has done a very good job as the GM. Rarely does he not address positions of need. People say “what about tackle?” What about it? He drafted a guy in the first round to play LT (who has finally started to develop) and signed the best FA he could’ve at the time. It’s not his fault that every free agent or draft pick doesn’t immediately own out into an all pro and exceed expectations. This team is absolutely FLUSH with young talent right now and poised for long term future success. That talent is young and inexperienced and right now that talent and banged the **** up, but it’s there. Depth isn’t great, but how many teams have a ton of quality depth? Bill ******* Bellicheat is 2-4 just like us FFS.

I think Elway is doing his job, and doing it well. He’s not a different guy than he was when he built the best offense in league history then a top 5 defense in history 2 years later. Blame Elway all you want because I know folks gotta blame somebody but shit doesn’t always go as planned. Even the best plans don’t work out all the time. This is what a rebuild actually looks like, fellas. People have been screaming for one since Manning retired. You got your damned wish... now stop bitching about it so much. Take a ******* chill pill.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

14. The Following 3 Users High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    I don’t think that comes as much of a surprise. Lots of fans are, and have been, hating on Elway since SB 50 ended. Most think he’s a terrible GM. Every single one of them was a guy who begged and pleaded for Elway not to draft Josh Allen and thought Chubb was a coup. Now they all act like Elway should’ve taken Allen. You know, the same guys who loved the Jeudy pick but now claim he’s the worst WR in this class and that Jefferson or Lamb was the “obvious” pick. I mean, seriously, what does a GM even do the first quarter of a season? Scout some college guys who may or may not even come out next year or may or may not have even played any meaningful football because of COVID? Who’s gonna fire him anyway? Ellis? Don’t make me laugh. Folks are screaming for new ownership, but be careful what you wish for. The last thing this team needs is a Dan Snyder or Jerruh Jones coming in thinking they need to run this thing. It would be a ******* disaster.

The bottom line is, if the Broncos aren’t out there winning playoff games and being competitive every year then heads must roll according to this fan base. Everyone is an armchair GM and everyone is better at it than Elway is. In my opinion, Elway has done a very good job as the GM. Rarely does he not address positions of need. People say “what about tackle?” What about it? He drafted a guy in the first round to play LT (who has finally started to develop) and signed the best FA he could’ve at the time. It’s not his fault that every free agent or draft pick doesn’t immediately own out into an all pro and exceed expectations. This team is absolutely FLUSH with young talent right now and poised for long term future success. That talent is young and inexperienced and right now that talent and banged the **** up, but it’s there. Depth isn’t great, but how many teams have a ton of quality depth? Bill ******* Bellicheat is 2-4 just like us FFS.

I think Elway is doing his job, and doing it well. He’s not a different guy than he was when he built the best offense in league history then a top 5 defense in history 2 years later. Blame Elway all you want because I know folks gotta blame somebody but shit doesn’t always go as planned. Even the best plans don’t work out all the time. This is what a rebuild actually looks like, fellas. People have been screaming for one since Manning retired. You got your damned wish... now stop bitching about it so much. Take a ******* chill pill.
    The fans got spoiled when Peyton came and then all of the best free agents wanted to come to Denver. Elway built a super team through free agency but I think more of that had to do with people wanting to come to Denver to play with Peyton and win a Super Bowl. The names Elway brought in at that time are insane....Manning, Welker, Ware, TJ Ward, Talib, etc. We were spoiled as fans and that became the expectation. I'm in agreement with you that Elway has done a pretty good job as GM. I can see what he's trying to do, but he's missed on several QBs and several coaches/coordinators and that is proving, along with awful injuries, to be the Achilles heel for this team.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

. Folks are screaming for new ownership, but be careful what you wish for. The last thing this team needs is a Dan Snyder or Jerruh Jones coming in thinking they need to run this thing. It would be a ******* disaster.
    So because there are bad owners out there we shouldn't wish to have an owner? That's an odd take. That's like saying because a lot of QB picks are busts you shouldn't draft a QB.

Yeah, there are some bad owners out there. But you can't just not have an owner and have long term success.

17. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    So because there are bad owners out there we shouldn't wish to have an owner? That's an odd take. That's like saying because a lot of QB picks are busts you shouldn't have draft a QB.

Yeah, there are some bad owners out there. But you can't just not have an owner and have long term success.
    No but we are spoiled to have hands off ownership for so long. Pat Bowlen was great. That philosophy continues with the current ownership trust status. All it takes is one super rich a-hole who thinks he’s a football guru to buy the Broncos and start making the changes that the idiots are screaming for. There’s so many flavor of the week coaches and GMs out there that flash and then are gone. So many owners that love to try to be involved in the day to day minutiae of managing a team only to make things so much worse. Shit, even Bob Kraft who forced Bellicheat to trade Jimmy G so Thom would stop crying like a bitch. Bill wanted to keep Garopolo as heir apparent. Kraft took Thom’s side and then Old ass Thom quickly bolted for greener pastures. Now look at the Pats. In QB hell like everyone who doesn’t have one. Bet they wish they still had Jimmy G.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

19. The Following User High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

No but we are spoiled to have hands off ownership for so long. Pat Bowlen was great. That philosophy continues with the current ownership trust status. All it takes is one super rich a-hole who thinks he’s a football guru to buy the Broncos and start making the changes that the idiots are screaming for. There’s so many flavor of the week coaches and GMs out there that flash and then are gone. So many owners that love to try to be involved in the day to day minutiae if managing a team only to make things so much worse. Shit, even Bob Kraft who forced Bellicheat to trade Jimmy G so Thom would stop crying like a bitch. Bill wanted to keep Garopolo as heir apparent. Kraft took Thom’s side and then Old ass Thom quickly bolted for greener pastures. Now look at the Pats. In QB hell like everyone who deep to have one. Bet they wish they still had Jimmy G.
    Bowlen was hands off for the most part, but he stepped in when he had to, like to clean up the McDisaster. There has to be someone at the top to hold people accountable. I don't think this trust with Ellis as the figurehead really works long term.

21. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Elway is a Broncos hero, but we need someone without a high likelihood of CTE/ALS symptoms (& the accompanying self-medication of the personality type) to guide the ship.
    Blasphemous and short-sighted. It's amazing that you have any friends at all with that level of loyalty. Elway has done so much for this franchise and THIS is how you show your appreciation? Horrible.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

23. The Following User High Fived OrangeHoof For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information