Poll: Elway should be fired/resign.

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast

Thread: Elway

Quote Originally Posted by WARHORSE View Post
    Lol.

Reminds me of the polls that said Hillary was gonna win in 2016.

Well we dont want to crown Lock our QB of the next decade yet, but you gotta love what ya see.

WHICH BRINGS ME TO ALL THE FIRE ELWAY GOSSIP.

SHHHHHHHH!

If Lock proves to be the man........whats that say about the 2019 draft? Elway trades down....we get Fant, Lock, Risner, Jones, Hollins.......Studly. Flacco is the vet you bring in who hopefully your QB learns from and plays under for a year......which gets accelerated.

Not to mention the Steelers 3rd rounder next year which is showing to be a great pick.

Elway......the man who has more accomplishments as GM than any Bronco in history, BARR none!!

Not to mention a ton of GMs in the history of the NFL!!
    I'm not giving Elway any credit on this at all!

First of all, Elway had ZERO intention to play Drew Lock at all this year. Joe Flacco was "in his prime" and Elway even gave Flacco a big contract extension.

Elway's plan was to play Flacco for 3 years and THEN start Lock!

Fangio only 2 WEEKS ago said "it's not important" to start Lock. They even waited a full MONTH before taking him off IR because they were trying to "win now" with Brandon Allen -- even after FLacco went down with neck problems.

Broncos management tried desperately to AVOID starting Lock because that would screw up their idiot Flacco plan.

I think the idea that Elway can get away with putting Flacco back in the starting job in 2020 just went up in flames.

Elway can take whatever credit he wants for drafting Lock, but Lock is starting, and starring, DESPITE and not BECAUSE of Elway's plan. Due to Flacco's injury and Brandon Allen playing like hot garbage they ultimately had ZERO option other than play Lock. 20,000 no shows for a home game sent them an unmistakable message.

Start Lock or the fans will walk. They resisted doing this all the way. If they had started him a month ago instead of screwing around they might have been 8-5 right now and in the midst of a playoff run!

BTW: Elway wasn't getting fired by his crony Joe Ellis even if the team went 3-13.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    I mean people rode on me for Rosen, and we're just letting the horse off?

Northman, this board hates the King.
    Yea, but the Northman has your back.

#Vikingstrong

3. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    Ladies and gentlemen, I give you every Cugel post, ever, and always.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

5. The Following 7 Users High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    At one point, after the SB, Cugel had a lot of pro-Elway posts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

I appreciate Cugel.

8. The Following User High Fived aberdien For This Post:

I don’t think Elway can go back to Flacco after what Lock has shown thank goodness.

10. The Following 3 Users High Fived Slick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    I don’t think Elway can go back to Flacco after what Lock has shown thank goodness.
    Sure they can, if Lock fails.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	50404E68-58A7-4223-B779-5D3F212D577A.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	20.2 KB 
ID:	15562
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Why should he get credit for drafting Brock Osweiler? THat's what his plan was. Draft the next Brock Osweiler. Wait 3 years and then when Flacco retires Lock will step in.

Injury forced his hand. HIs team sucked, the guy they tried desperately to start in Brandon Allen -- who has no future in the NFL, sucked. They lost their 8th game and were forced against their will to start Drew Lock.

This was NOT some kind of brilliant plan. It's being dragged kicking and screaming to take the alternative they LEAST wanted. And it was the only right one.

How do you give Elway credit for resisting the obviously right move for almost the entire season due to his idiot "Flacco is in his prime" obsession?

Why should he get credit for drafting Brock Osweiler? THat's what his plan was. Draft the next Brock Osweiler. Wait 3 years and then when Flacco retires Lock will step in.

Injury forced his hand. HIs team sucked, the guy they tried desperately to start in Brandon Allen -- who has no future in the NFL, sucked. They lost their 8th game and were forced against their will to start Drew Lock.

This was NOT some kind of brilliant plan. It's being dragged kicking and screaming to take the alternative they LEAST wanted. And it was the only right one.

How do you give Elway credit for resisting the obviously right move for almost the entire season due to his idiot "Flacco is in his prime" obsession?
    You do know that Lock was in a cast for much of the "almost the entire season" and when he wasn't, he was in a brace and rehabbing from a tendon injury?

Have any of you bothered to consider, in your rush to defend Elway, that if they had started Drew Lock a month ago -- which they could have if they weren't in such a rush to put him on IR in the first place so they could free up a roster spot for some complete scrub who had zero impact; they might have a winning record right now?

Drew Lock was ready to start practicing in October. He was a lot healthier all year than Bryce Callahan or JuWuan James who didn't go on IR. That was because they didn't plan on using him.

They didn't even want to bring him off IR, let alone start him, despite losing their first 4 games and watching Flacco suck.

They might have won 2 or 3 more games with Lock and been in the playoff hunt right now. This didn't have to be a lost season.

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    You do know that Lock was in a cast for much of the "almost the entire season" and when he wasn't, he was in a brace and rehabbing from a tendon injury?
    He was throwing on the sideline in early October. This was reported by sources inside Dove Valley to Broncos insiders like Troy Renck.

The P.R. bull-shit coming out of Dove Valley about "he's not ready" to come off IR was to prevent a bunch of fan pressure to start him when the plan was to start Flacco. They had no intention of using him this year. Fangio just said a couple weeks ago that it was "not really important" to bring Lock off IR this year! And they had already lost 8 games.

And when Flacco got hurt the plan was to start utter scrub Brandon Allen, because they had to "win now with veterans."

It's only when that last fig leaf blew up in their faces, and they lost their 8th game that they finally gave up and started Lock.

Pretty much everyone who posts here has been critical of Elway about how he’s handled the QB situation. We just don’t go on and on about it.

19. The Following 7 Users High Fived Slick For This Post:

Pretty much everyone who posts here has been critical of Elway about how he’s handled the QB situation. We just don’t go on and on about it.
    I do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

First of all, Elway had ZERO intention to play Drew Lock at all this year. Joe Flacco was "in his prime" and Elway even gave Flacco a big contract extension.

Elway's plan was to play Flacco for 3 years and THEN start Lock!

Fangio only 2 WEEKS ago said "it's not important" to start Lock. They even waited a full MONTH before taking him off IR because they were trying to "win now" with Brandon Allen -- even after FLacco went down with neck problems.

Broncos management tried desperately to AVOID starting Lock because that would screw up their idiot Flacco plan.

I think the idea that Elway can get away with putting Flacco back in the starting job in 2020 just went up in flames.

Elway can take whatever credit he wants for drafting Lock, but Lock is starting, and starring, DESPITE and not BECAUSE of Elway's plan. Due to Flacco's injury and Brandon Allen playing like hot garbage they ultimately had ZERO option other than play Lock. 20,000 no shows for a home game sent them an unmistakable message.

Start Lock or the fans will walk. They resisted doing this all the way. If they had started him a month ago instead of screwing around they might have been 8-5 right now and in the midst of a playoff run!

BTW: Elway wasn't getting fired by his crony Joe Ellis even if the team went 3-13.

You give him no credit cause it fits your narrative. Fact is, he drafted Fant.....and you cant tell me looking at the board in front of him that Elway didnt think anyone else would take Lock, since all the other QB desperate teams already drafted their QBs, no? It was a risk....true.

Whenever he misses, you crush his head....no one makes excuses.

If he doesnt trade for Flacco....which we gave up a bag of stale Doritos for....then we walk into the season with who to play in front of your rookie?

WHO PLAYS IN FRONT OF YOUR ROOKIE IF YOU DONT BRING IN FLACCO?

Are you going to tell us all the better plan was to let the rookie start?

And didnt he know Flacco might not play well? But at least he doesnt have to throw a rookie the wolves.

Flacco is basically on a ONE YEAR DEAL.

WELL DONE Elway.

My opinion anyway.
    IN PATON I TRUST.

22. The Following 5 Users High Fived WARHORSE For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information