Poll: Elway should be fired/resign.

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast

Thread: Elway

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Well you should!
    I am not sure I would agree with that either.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    I am not sure I would agree with that either.
    Of course you are not suuuuurrrrrrrrrre. 99% agreement is good enough for me though.

Ok...what's on your mind? You think it's impossible to measure? Or do you think Elway would 'measure out' better than I project?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Of course you are not suuuuurrrrrrrrrre. 99% agreement is good enough for me though.

Ok...what's on your mind? You think it's impossible to measure? Or do you think Elway would 'measure out' better than I project?
    Lock uses a yardstick to measure out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

4. The Following 3 Users High Fived slim For This Post:

I think he will measure out better than you project
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.

6. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I think he will measure out better than you project
    Well, after you provide your DT drops analysis, I'll knock out my Elway GM analysis. Deal?
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

8. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Well, after you provide your DT drops analysis, I'll knock out my Elway GM analysis. Deal?
    ive been thinking about that lately, actually. Maybe over the holidays if I get a break.
    The Plan at the moment:

Players I want:

10. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    Lock uses a yardstick to measure out.
    are you implying he has a yard long schlong?

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

ive been thinking about that lately, actually. Maybe over the holidays if I get a break.
    not even einstein could compute all those drops

13. The Following User High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    are you implying he has a yard long schlong?
    No. I am far too mature to do something like that!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

15. The Following 3 Users High Fived slim For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    No. I am far too mature to do something like that!!
    Me too

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    not even einstein could compute all those drops
    It actually was not the drops. It was the laying out for a ball, or lack thereof. And I am going to burn some peoples souls when I do it too.
    The Plan at the moment:

Players I want:

18. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

“When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

It actually was not the drops. It was the laying out for a ball, or lack thereof. And I am going to burn some peoples souls when I do it too.
    I will wait for your analysis. that guy was a freaking warrior. He played through more injuries then any receiver we've ever had. He'll we drafted him hurt. he came back from an Achilles injury to become one of the most explosive and dominant wide receivers in the league.

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Well you should!
    I'm just going to reference 2013 and 2015. All of which are only 6 years ago. we have been spoiled as a fan base. We may not be New England and we may not be Dallas, but we are completely spoiled as a fan base. My job has lead to relationships in markets like Cincy and Detroit and Houston and SanDiego and Cleveland. Tell those guys how bad Elway is and youll get run out of town. Wins and SB appearances matter. Signing all time greats like Ware and Manning was all about jfe. There is no doubt that the draft was a challenge for him early but great leaders recognize their mistakes, acknowledge them and then figure out how to fix them. He's in arguably had two very solid draft the past two years. And again as my brother pointed out to me on Saturday there are four guys on this roster that could become consistent pro bowlers on the offensive side of the ball. if lock pans out make that five. So half of your offensive roster could potentially be perennial pro bowlers. then you go to the other side of the ball. Chubb will be a perennial pro bowler. Von Miller obviously is a perennial pro bowler. Derek Wolfe is a guy that reporters from other teams have objectively said is the person that makes everything work on the back end. Chris Harris is a top corner in the league. Justin Simmons to this point and many people don't know this is one of the top three rated safeties in the league this year. Will parks. And you have to give a guy credit for signing guys like Kareem Jackson. Vance Joseph and the draft overall for about 5 years set this team back. But he'll what he has done everything he can to rectify that.

22. The Following 4 Users High Fived Jsteve01 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    Signing all time greats like Ware and Manning was all about jfe.
    Great post amigo. I'm going to single this out and go from here.

First thing--I love Elway. I hope everyone can distinguish criticism from what, from others--no names but rhymes with Cugel--might seem like contempt.

Even Kubiak benched Manning. It's a competitive endeavor and everyone invites criticism when they enter the ring. More power to him. I'm a keyboard warrior here.

Having said that, it's fair to measure and be critical.

Elway pulled Manning, I believe that. Like complementary mesons or something--weird singularities of greatness with a supreme fire and competitiveness...there was an understanding and respect.

Elway pulled Ware....maybe. I'd say it was a mix of Elway, Von, Manning, and the understanding that greatness was afoot. Not to take away from Elway, but I'm taking away from Elway. He gets credit, but he has to share with the other supermassive objects that were swirling in his orbit.

So that's a real thing--but it's not the only thing. If being a GM was all about vision, identity, mutual respect among greats--he has no peer. But the skill of attracting a Manning might not be repeatable--in spite of any desire Elway might have to play to his strengths. There just aren't any more Mannings out there.

Ok, Eli, sure. But ... you know.

Elway has done a bunch of great stuff, but there have also been a lot of decisions that have (in hindsight) hurt the franchise. He got a big one right--attracting and recruiting Manning. All credit, mad props--we are indeed spoiled.

But it's fair game to grade the rest of his decisions. Instead of grading his presence, let's grade his decisions....see how he does. My gut is that his legacy as a nitty-gritty GM will be tied to how the org does with Lock and Scangarello. Fangio is kind of a neutral pH if that makes sense. Steady Eddie (I think VJ is like this as well, reliant on a big brain nearby to excel, but is good at making sure the kids get to bed on time and don't beat each other up too much).

I'd like to go through this exercise and gain consensus on how to properly evaluate a GM--gain consensus on the right 'formula' to use. And then, no idea how it will turn out, run that formula to see how he stacks up.

Right this moment, with Lock seeming to be a legit QBOTF--an elite one, perhaps--Elway once again looks ascendant. We'll see. We are still in excited dog-peeing uncontrollably at owner's return mode.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information