Poll: Elway should be fired/resign.

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Elway

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    I hate this argument. Lucky? Lucky? Like 3 teams wanted manning first of all. Have the people here thought he was done.

Next- elway literally went out and built the best offense the NFL has Ever seen!!! It got them to the sb but blown out.
    When manning and the offense didnt work he went out and built one of the best defenses the NFL has ever seen literally after the following year.

That is not lucky. That is not even close to lucky and manning had NOTHING to do with the second part. That is a lazy argument people post because they seem to think every team just magically moves on from a HOF qb within 3 years.

Luck has nothing to do with it. That was all Elway the whole time. 100%. And not debatable.

The colts never had the best offense in nfl history. The colts never had one of the best defenses in nfl history. So dont retort with free agents coming here for peyton. Also another false and lazy argument.

You said the Colts never once had the best offense ever, but they had PFM when he broke the TD record the first time. So they certainly had one of the absolute best offenses ever. They got blown out in the SB because of what? Manning couldn't throw the deep ball anymore and the Hawks admitted they could cheat on basically everything the offense had to do. John Elway was able to sign all those great defensive players to some nice deals for the team BECAUSE of PFM. You're not getting all those guys without PM because those guys wanted a ring. If you can't see the link between those FA signings and Manning, since Manning left when was the last time a FA gave us a discount? It's not a lazy argument so much as it's one that accounts for what happens. So sure, give JFE credit for landing Manning, but he didn't do shit after Manning.

I'm so ******* tired of sacred cows. If that GM's last name wasn't Elway so much slack wouldn't have been given. So until John can land another Hall of Famer at QB, or build a great defense without a stud QB to be a FA attraction, Wave's point stands.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

2. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater

I think they should fire Joel Ellis. John Elway takes over Ellis' place. Then, hire a solid GM.

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived Magnificent Seven For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by UnderArmour View Post
    Maybe, but I don't feel the grass is always greener. Those coaching trees come with their issues too. Analytic GMs have their failures too. There is a balance.

While these are hard times, Elway has notched 2 respectable drafts in a row. This is a GM that is growing, and one who has excelled with great draft position. This is quite possibly the WORST time to fire Elway.

I'm willing to give this coaching staff and Elway 2 seasons. If they don't make the playoffs next season, Elway and Fangio both should be fired.
    this is sort of where i'm at. . . i don't love changing personnel and plans all the time-- continuity is extremely valuable in an organization. . . and given the ownership situation, our ability to land a top flight candidate is a legitimate concern. . . IF he can continue to draft well, then it's likely preferable to keep him in place for the moment than to go with a complete unknown, hired by ellis. . . i'd rather give elway and fangio at least one more off-season to build it, get it going in the right direction. . . they need to get munchak a workable left tackle, for one thing-- just that alone will make the offense a lot less dysfunctional. . . we're likely to be picking in the top 10-12 range next year-- maybe higher if things continue to go south. . . we're already acquiring a fat stack of extra picks, and we may get more before the deadline. . . we can also clear out a ton of cap space next year. . . that gives them every opportunity to make some serious improvements. . . ideally, i'd love for elway to stick around and see if he finally found us a real QB in lock. . .

buuuut. . . that will obviously require him to play lock. . . if he truly intends to start joe sacko again next year, then that's a gamechanger. . . there's simply ZERO upside in playing joe any further. . . you have to give yourself a chance to be competitive-- joe's not that guy anymore. . . at the game's most important position, they simply must have a better plan than these washed-up vets and journeymen. . . if flacco's the plan, that effectively means there IS no plan. . . no sober, effective plan. . .

if that's the case, then as far as i'm concerned, the franchise should move on at once. . . ellis can request assistance from the league office on putting together an advisory committee that isn't build on broncos "family", aka mike shanahan and ted sundquist. . . i will take my chances with that approach rather than roll with john any longer, if he's not freakin' serious about finding a quarterback, and building a modern offense. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

From McDaniels to two Super Bowl appearances and the best offense and the best defense in history

He has earned at least another year

Totally acknowledge flacco and keenum and VJ are/were utter disasters and even I could see that as soon as they signed

Finding a successor to PFM has been hard, at least his efforts to find a qbotf have only tied us to those qbs for a maximum of 2 years

I just think we have been spoiled as broncos fans

8. The Following 5 Users High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Bringng Flacco in is where I first started to lean towards the mantra Elway may be done as a GM, Watching him spin the narrative about Flacco to the fan base then watching him restructure said QB, had me leaning more towards its time to move on and listening to his comments after getting embarrassed on national TV and having the starting QB pretty much quit on the team, Really makes me think his time is done. I love Elway I really do, but Its mind blowing how dense he is being right now.
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Yeah flacco was obviously a terrible move, made infinitely worse by the contract restructure

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

What does “IDFK” stand for?
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    What does “IDFK” stand for?
    ...I think it's I Don't f'in Know....
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

13. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    I hate this argument. Lucky? Lucky? Like 3 teams wanted manning first of all. Have the people here thought he was done.

Next- elway literally went out and built the best offense the NFL has Ever seen!!! It got them to the sb but blown out.
    When manning and the offense didnt work he went out and built one of the best defenses the NFL has ever seen literally after the following year.

That is not lucky. That is not even close to lucky and manning had NOTHING to do with the second part. That is a lazy argument people post because they seem to think every team just magically moves on from a HOF qb within 3 years.

Luck has nothing to do with it. That was all Elway the whole time. 100%. And not debatable.

The colts never had the best offense in nfl history. The colts never had one of the best defenses in nfl history. So dont retort with free agents coming here for peyton. Also another false and lazy argument.
    Yes, Elway did a nice job in closing the deal. He was lucky in that Manning was even available in the first place. But if the only way he's ever going to get good QBs here is if a HoF QB hits the market we're in trouble, because that happens just about never. As for the team he built around Manning yes that was great as well, but he's yet to show that he can get that kind of talent here without a star QB to help attract them.

That was a great run and yes Elway does get a lot of credit for that, but he can't skate by on that forever. He eventually has to do it again.
    Last edited by BroncoWave; 10-23-2019 at 07:11 AM.

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

I don't care at this point. Right now I would just like our coaching staff to be stable for more than a few years and see if we can build something with the personnel that Fangio wants and go from there. Until ownership of this team gets figured out we need stability where we can get it and I think that's a big part of the problem. Looking back its a miracle we won Super Bowl 50 so I will cling to that until we start being competitive again.
    Last edited by MasterShake; 10-23-2019 at 08:39 AM.

17. The Following 4 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    From McDaniels to two Super Bowl appearances and the best offense and the best defense in history

He has earned at least another year

Totally acknowledge flacco and keenum and VJ are/were utter disasters and even I could see that as soon as they signed

Finding a successor to PFM has been hard, at least his efforts to find a qbotf have only tied us to those qbs for a maximum of 2 years

I just think we have been spoiled as broncos fans
    I hate when people say this because i really dont think this is the reason for people's frustration the last 4 years. While its true finding the next franchise QB can be difficult its also been pretty telling that Denver doesnt have a very good knack for drafting QB's with promise. Most of the time we are taking guys who are projects and passing on other QB's (and sometimes players) who are rated higher and more NFL ready. But just because Denver has had more success than some other franchises does not mean people are spoiled, i think that is a lazy assumption and not at all objective in what has been going on the last few years.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    I don't care at this point. Right now I would just like our coaching staff to be stable for more than a few years and see if we can build something with the personnel that Fangio wants and go from there. Until ownership of this team gets figured out we need stability where we can get it and I think that's a big part of the problem. Looking back its a miracle we won Super Bowl 50 so I will cling to that until we start being competitive again.
    I dont mind trying to stay with a particular coach but i would rather do it with someone who actually looks like they know what they are doing. Some coaches are meant to be HC's and some show why they never were to begin with. VJ and Fangio both look like the type of guys who just dont belong at the HC level to me.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    I hate when people say this because i really dont think this is the reason for people's frustration the last 4 years. While its true finding the next franchise QB can be difficult its also been pretty telling that Denver doesnt have a very good knack for drafting QB's with promise. Most of the time we are taking guys who are projects and passing on other QB's (and sometimes players) who are rated higher and more NFL ready. But just because Denver has had more success than some other franchises does not mean people are spoiled, i think that is a lazy assumption and not at all objective in what has been going on the last few years.
    I’m not sure if bengals fans won a Superbowl in the last five years and had that winning coach step down due to health concerns, they would be so quick to damn the management

One bad proven hire. VJ

We have fangio 7 games in after picking up a team that was trending down. I think he needs time to prove himself or otherwise

21. The Following 4 Users High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I’m not sure if bengals fans won a Superbowl in the last five years and had that winning coach step down due to health concerns, they would be so quick to damn the management

It happened to Brian Billick and even Harbaugh has taken heat and both have won a SB.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Fair enough, we can disagree

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information