Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019-2020 NBA Basketball

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Stan Van Gundy pretty much nailed this point:

2. The Following 4 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

It's like they're trying to get me banned.

It's like they want me to drop hashtags on that ass.

Lord help me with your strength.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

What the ****...... first Boseman now Cliff.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...binson-dies-53

7. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Humans are naturally going to be more passionate about issues that affect them personally. Saying "but China!" every time an NBA player speaks up on social issues here just strikes me as whataboutism. Also seems like most people (and I don't see what you post on other platforms or do in real life, so this isn't directed at you) literally never talk about or give one shit about what's going on in China other than that they can use it to throw in NBA players' face when they dare stand up for social issues here.
    That’s a good point Wave, and well stated.
    Yes, I do personally care about what happens in China where there are concentration camps and people are not allowed to express opinions that oppose the communist regime. I have voiced my opposition many times over the years to the way they rule their people. I have also provided a small amount of financial support at times over the years to promote freedom of thought there. I think the NBA is culpable to an extent because of how much they are tied financially to China. I believe its a bit hypocritical for them to suggest they only care about social matters that concern them.
    This whole debate is very nuanced on many levels, and unfortunately many draw a line in the sand and refuse to participate in open and honest debate. I genuinely appreciate the way you communicated here.

9. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    That’s a good point Wave, and well stated.
    Yes, I do personally care about what happens in China where there are concentration camps and people are not allowed to express opinions that oppose the communist regime. I have voiced my opposition many times over the years to the way they rule their people. I have also provided a small amount of financial support at times over the years to promote freedom of thought there. I think the NBA is culpable to an extent because of how much they are tied financially to China. I believe its a bit hypocritical for them to suggest they only care about social matters that concern them.
    This whole debate is very nuanced on many levels, and unfortunately many draw a line in the sand and refuse to participate in open and honest debate. I genuinely appreciate the way you communicated here.
    That's awesome that you contribute to that. I don't disagree that the NBA could do more to stand up to China given how much business they do with them, I just don't think that means that any other sort of social protest done by players is invalid. Would it be great if someone like LeBron called China out? Absolutely. But I don't think that should take away from the social causes he does champion. I think the vast majority of people who throw "but China" in the NBA's face have probably never spent one penny or one second of their time doing anything about it themselves. That's awesome that you put your money where your mouth is on that.

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    Listened to 5 minutes of Shitlock on Fox Sports One, he’s a completely ******* idiot.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

13. The Following 3 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    Now this

Around 100 NBA employees went on strike to show solidarity with the NBA's players

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2020/08/nba...ce-jacob-blake
    This is a beautiful thing, I’m proud of the NBA.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

The Blazers are worthy foes.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Stan Van Gundy pretty much nailed this point:
    I guess Stan is a big giver?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

The Lakers are a Danny Green returning to career form away from winning the championship.

Shame the pandemic happened - I was gonna be dancin' in the city.

19. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

We we beat the Jazz - Utah has a squad of killers and they should be respected. However, there is no good answer to Anthony Davis - and Gobert struggles with what is essentially a more athletic and gifted version of himself. Davis has terrorized Gobert in the paint, in the perimeter, in space, and just about across the board. This includes causing Gobert to be visibly upset and put into foul trouble.

Moreover, LeBron James is a different beast altogether. He gets his shooters open looks. He drops 30 points, easily. The tandem of he and Anthony Davis belongs, in a talent aspect, on par with Magic Johnson and Kareem, Jordan and Pippen, Shaq and Kobe, and Moses and his broseph back in the day. This isn't to exclude Stockton and Malone, either.

Conley Jr. and that young man whose name I dare not mention are viable forces in the league. D.M. is a monster. But carrying a series against a LeBron led team, with Anthony Davis, and a slew of seven footers is different.

Why we beat the Clippers -

They're not mentally tough. They're overrated and buy into their own hype. Paul George is mercurial and sometimes so anti-clutch it hurts. The depth of the Clippers is overrated and the depth of the Lakers is underrated. LAC ran away with the first game between the two teams. Other than that the Lakeshow either won the game or just gave it away. The Clippers are supremely talented but have never proven to be the juggernaut they were advertised as.

The Rockets - they are a two-headed monster. Harden having someone to help carry the load has kept him fresh. But, the Lakers versatility is too much with AD and LBJ. I also just don't believe in the Rockets. I know that CP3 is gone, and the makeup of the team is different, but I can't find a compelling reason to view them as the winning team here. I've seen this team and this coach falter too many times to believe in them. They're going to get killed on the boards, killed on hustle plays, and have two star players who either don't/can't play defense at a high level anymore.

The Nuggets - the scariest matchup for us might be the one we don't see. Thank god.

The Mavs - lol lakers in four lol wtf is this shit get Luka a consistent running mate and then we'll take another look.

21. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

What about the Easter- THEY'RE DEAD!

If it's the Bucks, I'm goin' dance in their city.

If it's Miami, I'm goin' dance in their city.

Toronto? My passport won't let me dance in their city!

23. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

PS - this is going to/should be moved to the politics section...

26. The Following User High Fived Slick For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information