Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019-2020 NBA Basketball

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

I just discovered Zach Lowe blocked me on twitter... It's so bizarre - I couldn't remember any interactions with him where he would have blocked me -- then I remembered I made some fairly benign comment on one of the Lowe Post episodes about how I think there is too much back slapping in his player interviews and I prefer his regular podcasts with media members...

It honestly was such a tame criticism that I'm kind of surprised he even saw it, much less blocked me as a result.

I kind of feel bad because my comment probably wasn't positive and I have a positive view of his body of work -- but now I kind of also think he's Charmin soft if he's blocking people so readily.

2. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I just discovered Zach Lowe blocked me on twitter... It's so bizarre - I couldn't remember any interactions with him where he would have blocked me -- then I remembered I made some fairly benign comment on one of the Lowe Post episodes about how I think there is too much back slapping in his player interviews and I prefer his regular podcasts with media members...

It honestly was such a tame criticism that I'm kind of surprised he even saw it, much less blocked me as a result.

I kind of feel bad because my comment probably wasn't positive and I have a positive view of his body of work -- but now I kind of also think he's Charmin soft if he's blocking people so readily.
    I was blocked by Bill Barnwell because I called his Super Bowl 48 prediction insane. Turns out I was wrong, as he picked Seattle to win handily, but I always find it amusing how soft some people are on Twitter. If you're going to put your opinions out there on that platform, you kinda need to have thicker skin than that. To be fair my post was more abrasive than yours, but I still have way more respect for the opinion people who can take the heat they get for their opinions.

4. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    I was blocked by Bill Barnwell because I called his Super Bowl 48 prediction insane. Turns out I was wrong, as he picked Seattle to win handily, but I always find it amusing how soft some people are on Twitter. If you're going to put your opinions out there on that platform, you kinda need to have thicker skin than that. To be fair my post was more abrasive than yours, but I still have way more respect for the opinion people who can take the heat they get for their opinions.
    I would understand if I was being hateful or disrespectful - but I thought it was actually a pretty fair critique... I've definitely been more disrespectful to other writers who haven't blocked me... And I stand by it - his player interviews suck, he just kisses their ass for an hour and doesn't press them on anything uncomfortable.

And that's my biggest annoyance with Lowe overall - he so desperately wants to be liked by players and executives that he always pulls punches.

Hence - I think he knows my criticism was valid deep down and that's why he found it cutting.

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

That’s a pretty quick trigger. I have been really only listening to Simmons and Russillo for NBA content, especially lately. I’ve boiled down most of what I’ve been listening to for sports to my favorites, whatever Russillo is on, Effectively Wild for baseball, Solid Verbal and Eye on College Foorball for college football, Around the NFL and whatever Ryan Clark goes on for NFL.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    That’s a pretty quick trigger. I have been really only listening to Simmons and Russillo for NBA content, especially lately. I’ve boiled down most of what I’ve been listening to for sports to my favorites, whatever Russillo is on, Effectively Wild for baseball, Solid Verbal and Eye on College Foorball for college football, Around the NFL and whatever Ryan Clark goes on for NFL.
    I've abandoned most of my sports podcasts during the pandemic. Bill Simmons especially -- my least favorite Bill Simmons content is when he goes into basketball historian mode, and I assume that's mostly what he's been doing.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I feel the same way about Twitter blocking as I do about putting someone on ignore here. If you're going to put yourself out there and give strong opinions online, you gotta have thicker skin than to block out any criticism of said opinions, even if they do veer into getting a bit personal. Unless someone is constantly threatening/harrasssing you or your family or something, I just don't see how you can be that thin skinned.

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I've abandoned most of my sports podcasts during the pandemic. Bill Simmons especially -- my least favorite Bill Simmons content is when he goes into basketball historian mode, and I assume that's mostly what he's been doing.
    Yeah pretty much. His pods on the last dance were not my favorite.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I have started skipping a lot of Simmons stuff, but Pardon My Take is still great as is most of the things Russillo is doing.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

CBS’s college football pod is Cover 3, not Eye on College Football. Historian Simmons doesn’t bother me. I don’t listen to all of it because it can get long and tedious. What annoys me about his podcasts is WWE and reality TV.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

you savage!!

i bet you would't be so quick to step to JR smith. . .

https://nba.nbcsports.com/2020/05/31...zed-his-truck/
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

It's time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:

lol! the dumbass knicks are reportedly leaning towards hiring thibs as their new coach. . . how the hell is that gonna work out? they don't even have any older vets for him to run into the ground. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    lol! the dumbass knicks are reportedly leaning towards hiring thibs as their new coach. . . how the hell is that gonna work out? they don't even have any older vets for him to run into the ground. . .
    That won’t end well. James Dolan is making a run at worst owner in all of sports.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    That won’t end well. James Dolan is making a run at worst owner in all of sports.
    won't end well at all. . . of course, he already hired a player agent as his new GM. . . as for the latter, i think he may already have it wrapped up. . . who's the competition? dan snyder, jimmy haslam, steven ross. . . maybe donald stirling as a lifetime un-achievement award?
    - John Elway

I don't think I could do a worse job of running the Knicks, tbh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information