Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: 2020 Draft QBs

Quote Originally Posted by G_Money View Post
    I love going into a draft where I have a chance to draft another QB if I've busted on my 6th straight one, but I decide I don't wanna know if this one is a bust beforehand.

LT or bust in the first I guess? We'll find out if we have a QB after we find a way to keep that warm body alive? None of this makes sense to me, and the Broncos have forfeit the benefit of the doubt.
    Maybe elway has been reading what my plan is?
    (that plan again->) Get a top draft pick, trade down once staying in top 10 and picking the LT. Now that we have a real LT we start lock all next year and see how he does. If he sucks then we have our LT and we have the ammo from the trades to move up and get Trev L...Also, if lock sucks we likely will be picking that high anyway. Its so good it will never happen because it makes too much sense.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

What’s the point of this thread? Even if they draft a QB, they’ll be too afraid to play him, and they’ll just stick him on IR if he stubs his toe.

3. The Following 7 Users High Fived Tangerine For This Post:

The shadow of Pikes Peak (aka the lee of the stone)
    Adopted Bronco:
    Wesley Woodyard

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    The OLine is a garbage dump but inefficient mind numbing QB play is a huge part of the problem, along with a lack of weapons at TE and anything beyond Sutton (assuming Sanders is gone)...and who knows about Fant?

Unless Drew Lock looks like the second coming of PFM when Flacco is benched, with another high Draft pick Denver MUST get one of the best QBs available.

Short list of Top QBs available for 2020

Tua Tagovailoa - Alabama
    Justin Hebert - Oregon
    Jake Fromm - Georgia
    Jordan Love - Utah State
    Jalen Hurts - Oklahoma
    KJ Costello - Stanford

Elway must love Hebert. Hes tall.

The unicorn Trevor Lawrence is in 2021.

Can anyone tell us more about the QBs available
    You left Burrow from LSU off of this. Joe Burrow is gonna fly up draft boards if he's not already. I expect John - if he's going QB - to go with Herbert or Burrow. It goes like this:

Tua - talented as hell, injury-prone because of playstyle. He holds the ball too long and doesn't have the arm Elway loves on all his busted prospects.

Herbert - is just not progressing. Looks unbelievably great for 2 or 3 series and then forgets how to anticipate routes or read defenses. Lotta bust potential, needs the right QB coach which we do not have.

Burrow - hottest QB in football at any level anywhere. Thermonuclear, pocket-passer, can handle under center and play-action better than anyone else. Not the strongest arm or best form but has the above-the-shoulders game at the moment.

Eason - big, huge arm, thinks that's enough... sounds like another Elway guy. He's playing for Washington, and they like smart QBs, so it could work out better than Brock.

Jordan Love - this year's version of Drew Lock, I guess.

I dunno man. I don't think there are gonna be 5 first-round QBs. Or probably 4. But there will almost certainly be 2 in the top 5. Depends how high Denver gets and what they do with it. But I'm with everyone else - give me the LT from Alabama and let's move on. I just wish we were gonna see more of Lock this year.
    "Dream as if you will live forever. Live as if you'll die today."
    -- James Dean

My novels Mason's Order and its sequel Mason's Pledge are now available at Amazon in both paperback and kindle versions.

5. The Following 4 Users High Fived G_Money For This Post:

What in the paint-huffing, rabbit-fornicating hell is this?

https://www.9news.com/article/sports...d-d7b502c725b9
    I was just coming on here to make a topic on this, but I see you've got it covered. It's another in the long line of genius QB decisions we've made.

For Lock specifically, let's recap - he hurts his thumb so we put him on IR rather than just keeping him inactive for a few weeks (by the way, Callahan has been taking up a roster spot since week one - how many games has he played again?), Lock appears to have recovered and has been throwing a football for weeks. Flacco has been mediocre, as expected, and looked like a dear in the headlights against KC, making even his most ardent supporters wonder if he wants to play for this team. We're a bad football team with a chance to play our young QB in a lost season but we'd rather string him along and play him in the last game or two to get as little chance to evaluate him as possible while we continue to lose games with Flacco. Did I miss anything?

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    I get that but if you designate it post-June it spreads the dead money out.
    Then you're just kicking the can down the road. I'd rather just do it like a band aid - right off. Of course, I wouldn't have restructured him (or traded for him, actually) so I expect us to do the opposite of whatever I want.

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I love going into a draft where I have a chance to draft another QB if I've busted on my 6th straight one, but I decide I don't wanna know if this one is a bust beforehand.

LT or bust in the first I guess? We'll find out if we have a QB after we find a way to keep that warm body alive? None of this makes sense to me, and the Broncos have forfeit the benefit of the doubt.
    I think the problem with your logic is that he has no interest in drafting a quarterback next year.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

11. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I think the problem with your logic is that he has no interest in drafting a quarterback next year.
    That we know of anyway.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    That we know of anyway.
    Obviously that’s my opinion. I’m not claiming to have inside knowledge, here. But if the 9News report is correct - he does have good sources in the building - and the plan is to maybe play your second round quarterback in the final game of the season and you restructured your veteran starter’s contract so that there’s a glut of dead money if he isn’t your starting quarterback in 2020 and you added a third year in 2021, logically you are not drafting a quarterback six months later.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

14. The Following 4 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Obviously that’s my opinion. I’m not claiming to have inside knowledge, here. But if the 9News report is correct - he does have good sources in the building - and the plan is to maybe play your second round quarterback in the final game of the season and you restructured your veteran starter’s contract so that there’s a glut of dead money if he isn’t your starting quarterback in 2020 and you added a third year in 2021, logically you are not drafting a quarterback six months later.
    I kind of hope he plans to play Lock sooner that the last game, this way we could have a better idea of what we have in Drew by that point.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

It’s dumb we’re a sinking ship as long as flacco is our QB.....it’s pretty clear....
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

17. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    I know T is a grave area of need as well, but Broncos still paying the price selecting Chubb in 2018 and not getting one of the QBs available in a QB heavy Draft.

I think Lock needs to show what he can do and Broncos go at another QB.
    You're dead right of course. In retrospect Broncos should have moved from #5 to #3 and gotten Sam Darnold in the 2018 draft. No he didn't look good on Monday Night against the Patriots. But, he's a good prospect for the future.

"This offensive line is simply not good enough to win.If I were playing behind this OL and looked over and saw #72, I'd be reaching for my Rosary Beads. So, I'd be hesitant to just throw out Drew Lock and say 'let's see what we've got' because behind this OL can you really tell what we've got?" -- Joel Klatt.
    "I think that view the top 3 or 4 QBs better than Drew Lock. The guys I'd consider: Herbert from Oregon, Tua from Alabama, Fromm from Georgia, and Eason from Washington. Those are the ones I think are really intriguing. I think Herbert might be the one that has the most talent." -- Joel Klatt

This is the problem. It might be hard to see what they have in Lock behind this OL but it's vital to determine whether they go back in the draft in 2020 and grab one of the top QBs in the top 10.

No, you're correct about the Elway plan. The plan was Joe Flacco for the next 3 years and Drew Lock sits on the bench like Brock Osweiler until Flacco retires and Elway retires at the end of his contract.

But, that was not taking into account the Broncos going 3-13 and Flacco looking totally washed up out there. Elway cannot simply trot Joe Flacco out there in a hopelessly lost season and expect the fans to show up in November and December to watch Flacco get sacked 9 times a game and Garrett Bolles get 3 holding penalties a game and the team score 6 points.

Nobody's going to show up for that, or if they do they'll have bags over their heads and leave at halftime.

So, the plan is going to have to change whether Elway likes it or not. The stench of failure is simply too overwhelming.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

If Denver is in the position they will draft a QB, I don’t think they’d pass up the opportunity because of Flacco, that’s for sure.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    I was just coming on here to make a topic on this, but I see you've got it covered. It's another in the long line of genius QB decisions we've made.

For Lock specifically, let's recap - he hurts his thumb so we put him on IR rather than just keeping him inactive for a few weeks (by the way, Callahan has been taking up a roster spot since week one - how many games has he played again?), Lock appears to have recovered and has been throwing a football for weeks. Flacco has been mediocre, as expected, and looked like a dear in the headlights against KC, making even his most ardent supporters wonder if he wants to play for this team. We're a bad football team with a chance to play our young QB in a lost season but we'd rather string him along and play him in the last game or two to get as little chance to evaluate him as possible while we continue to lose games with Flacco. Did I miss anything?
    Just that "Flacco is in his prime" which means they had to renegotiate his contract to make sure he had a $23m cap hit next year if they cut him. So the plan is to start Flacco next year as well as this.

See, it's not Flacco's fault. It's the offensive scheme or the OL or the WRs or the TEs . . . not Flacco. Never Flacco.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    If Denver is in the position they will draft a QB, I don’t think they’d pass up the opportunity because of Flacco, that’s for sure.
    They wont. From the things I have heard we do not want to go qb.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information