Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Reboot it all

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Newton fits this system better than an Air Coryell, plus the Thelma and/or Louise get-up would be worth the price of admission.
    What are you trying to say?

Newton fits this system better than an Air Coryell, plus the Thelma and/or Louise get-up would be worth the price of admission.
    I’m not really sure what this system is supposed to be. I just know that it seems allergic to points.
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

3. The Following 7 Users High Fived spikerman For This Post:

Solving the “where to draft a QB” debate once and for all
    By James Merilatt
    October 17, 2019 at 1:45 pm Total QBs Picked in rounds 2-4 Since 2009: 41
    Number of QBs with a Winning Record: 8
    Percentage of QBs with a Winning Record: 20%

Stars of the Group
    Russell Wilson (2012 | No. 75) = 80-37-1
    Jimmy Garoppolo (2014 | No. 62) = 13-2

Flops of the Group
    DeShone Kizer (2017 | No. 52) = 0-15
    Cody Kessler (2016 | No. 93) = 2-10

The Mike Glennon /Mitch Trubisky Doctrine,” promotes taking a quarterback in the first round, so long as it’s not with a pick in the 20s.

Total QBs Picked Since 2009: 28
    Number of QBs with a Winning Record: 12
    Percentage of QBs with a Winning Record: 43%

Stars of the Group
    Patrick Mahomes (2017 | No. 10) = 17-6
    Jared Goff (2016 | No. 1) = 27-17

Flops of the Group
    Blake Bortles (2014 | No. 3) = 24-49
    Blaine Gabbert (2011 | No. 10) = 13-35

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by spikerman View Post
    I’m not really sure what this system is supposed to be. I just know that it seems allergic to points.
    Y’all act like points are so great.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

6. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    What are you trying to say?
    Thelma and Louise were gangsta.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

8. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Thelma and Louise were gangsta.

Y’all act like points are so great.
    Man...we've fallen so low.

11. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

That outfit was pretty nice. My grandmother would've really liked it.

13. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Jake Butt

Blow it up.. no wait. Trade for the guy who used to be cam newton. Y’all have lost your mind. He sucks and he’s a selfish diva. Worse leader than Flacco.
    Fangio is a good coach. He’s hamstrung with a horrible OL, zero depth, and a qb who likes to string out his wr’s and has less of a pulse than a man who died in the early 1300’s. Biggest mistake was pretending we had a shot. That is all...

15. The Following 4 Users High Fived nevcraw For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by nevcraw View Post
    Biggest mistake was pretending we had a shot.
    Good point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

17. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Blow it up.. no wait. Trade for the guy who used to be cam newton. Y’all have lost your mind. He sucks and he’s a selfish diva. Worse leader than Flacco.
    Fangio is a good coach. He’s hamstrung with a horrible OL, zero depth, and a qb who likes to string out his wr’s and has less of a pulse than a man who died in the early 1300’s. Biggest mistake was pretending we had a shot. That is all...
    Fangio is not a good coach. He's done nothing to suggest he is a good HC. Moreover, he found an idiot to be his OC. His STs unit coach isn't great, either. The best thing he's done is let the guys who proved they could play (who got a shot through injury to starters) keep on going. But that's not exactly rocket science, either. This so called mad genius can't do anything to stop the Kansas City Chiefs...WITHOUT Mahomes. Thank God we ran into the Jaguars and the Chargers, otherwise we'd have no wins.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Fangio has potential to be a good coach, more so then Joseph, because he has held some players accountable that needed to get checked and he has made some adjustments......however his ST coach and OC are not doing well and he needs to reign that crap in. He has no problem calling those sides of the ball out and the more he gets comfortable the better it will be.....we cant keep swapping out staffs though. None of this years crop are doing that well. We messed up with VJ which the NFL world universally thought was bad. That isn't the case about Fangio, its just going to take time and commitment to player development and true rebuilding.

Rumors in NFL circles is that this is the first year since 2015 there has been more focus in developing younger players, and that's Fangio's doing.....previously there was a tendency to ignore player development under the previous 2 staffs....if we get some mor players in the draft free up some cash and make some key FA acquisitions we can be right back in the mix next year, I truly believe that.

The reality is many of the players we have need to go and move on, This team just isn't as talented as some hoped or thought, we have some key players and building blocks but our depth is horrible and we have guys in some positions who just don't need to be there anymore........We need to play our young QB's and go through those growing pains, it is what it is.....
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

20. The Following 2 Users High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

This
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    Fangio has potential to be a good coach, more so then Joseph, because he has held some players accountable that needed to get checked and he has made some adjustments......however his ST coach and OC are not doing well and he needs to reign that crap in. He has no problem calling those sides of the ball out and the more he gets comfortable the better it will be.....we cant keep swapping out staffs though. None of this years crop are doing that well. We messed up with VJ which the NFL world universally thought was bad. That isn't the case about Fangio, its just going to take time and commitment to player development and true rebuilding.

Rumors in NFL circles is that this is the first year since 2015 there has been more focus in developing younger players, and that's Fangio's doing.....previously there was a tendency to ignore player development under the previous 2 staffs....if we get some mor players in the draft free up some cash and make some key FA acquisitions we can be right back in the mix next year, I truly believe that.

The reality is many of the players we have need to go and move on, This team just isn't as talented as some hoped or thought, we have some key players and building blocks but our depth is horrible and we have guys in some positions who just don't need to be there anymore........We need to play our young QB's and go through those growing pains, it is what it is.....
    Fangio will retard Lock's development for two reasons. One, he's not an offensive coach, so that asset isn't available to Lock. Two, he thought Scangs was a worthy OC, so he clearly isn't a judge of talent. Unless there's a surefire can't miss OC available and we bag it, he's going to **** it up again most likely.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Everyone thought scangs was a good hire, including you

He was young, worked with Kyle S, ran the system as mcvey, got a lot out of very little with the 49ers back up qbs

The bengals and the cardinals both hired young offensive coaches and both are terrible too

It’s ok to be mad because we are fans but we need to stay rational and objective
    Last edited by Valar Morghulis; 10-21-2019 at 01:31 AM.

24. The Following 5 Users High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information