Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Reboot it all

Default Reboot it all

He's not going to rebuild fully. He's not going to ever find a real head coaching candidate. The TE he took in the FIRST ROUND just dropped another ball. He doesn't understand modern NFL QBing. Even his drafts that look good on paper aren't panning out.

He's had a great run. Arguably a great and legendary run. He convinced Manning to come here. But those days are over.

When you can't beat a team without it's star QB, and their bad defense is crushing you, and your season is on the line, it's over. The problem is we're not even halfway through the season, and we've sucked since the SB.

It's time for a hard reset. The defenses for John are over. In recent history, it really feels like when he does something, on paper it looks great...then fizzles out.

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

He ain’t lyin.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

I want to burn it down to the ground and start from scratch starting with our piss ant of a QB.....
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

6. The Following 3 Users High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

But we beat the chargers and titans..... just messin

I might be a sick weirdo, but I am not ready to give up on fangio the fud just yet.

I would give both fangio and elway another draft and another season

8. The Following 6 Users High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    But we beat the chargers and titans..... just messin

I might be a sick weirdo, but I am not ready to give up on fangio the fud just yet.

I would give both fangio and elway another draft and another season

I want our staff to stay....We keep turning over....no staff is going to want to come here just like No good FA's want to come either.....plus the majority of the issues have been with the players execution and pettiness the last 4 years. You can certainly fault Elway and his draft and FA decisions, but I don't have issue with his 2 most recent classes. You can also put some blame on the coaches, but it falls more at who hired them and the players given to them to work with....Fangio was universally applauded.....there is a reason for that....he just needs some time....Vance got 2 years(and no one in the league but Elway thought he was ready)....we cant sack fangio after 1 year. Hell a lot of people wanted taylor or Kliff who are both doing worse than Fangio.

reports are surfacing, Most league wide GM's feel that our horrendous drafting prior to 2018, our Constant staff turnover and our lack of focus on player development with this win from now on BS is why were here...they are not wrong.....Its not so much Vance or Fangio or Kubiak its who we obtain(players) for the coach and the culture of trying to taking aging and mediocre vets these last couple years to make-up for said horrendous drafting.......Combine that with a unwillingness to develop players which happens during true rebuilds to re-instill a solid culture and foundation and its no wonder were stuck where we are....

Many league wide feel we finally made a attempt to address the QB position the right way by going the vet route and drafting a top talent in the draft. I wish the vet was Keenum still at this point because he was cheaper, we know he sucks, but it would be so easy to move on to Lock from him.....now Does Elway have the stones to make the call with Flacco and start a rebuild? doubtful.....
    Last edited by Elevation inc; 10-18-2019 at 05:44 AM.
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

10. The Following 6 Users High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

12. The Following 6 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Elway right now:

14. The Following 5 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

That was such a disheartening loss on so many levels. I don't even know what to point out as the problem. I had high hopes with Fangio, but he looks as lost as radio on the sidelines. The OC can't seem to figure anything out. Phucko is as bad as Orton. The OL is atrocious, I thought our new OL coach was supposed to make a difference, but RT and LT have gotten worse.

All blame needs to be placed on Elway though. Loved him for his playing years, appreciate him for brining in Manning and Phillips. But outside of that, he has been swings and misses over and over. What I saw on the field last night was the final straw. Bronco fans should never accept a showing like that.

16. The Following 6 Users High Fived Mike For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    All of them!

Ellis did veto the Shanahan/Cousins deal Elway had worked up after year one of the last coaching eyesore. Perhaps Ellis needs to be fired?

If only he could be.

18. The Following 3 Users High Fived The Glue Factory For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by The Glue Factory View Post
    Ellis did veto the Shanahan/Cousins deal Elway had worked up after year one of the last coaching eyesore. Perhaps Ellis needs to be fired?

If only he could be.
    Précisément.

20. The Following 2 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

It'd be different if everything outside of Manning pointed to another result. But after ten years of this nonsense, we see the pattern plain and simple.

22. The Following 3 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Randy Gradishar Steve Atwater

I'm not out for Elways head just yet but this team needs major help, especially on offense. Flacco is nothing more than Orton 2.0, no fire or passion for a team that desperatley needs a spark. Since we're stuck with the OL for the season they might as well go with Lock or even Allen, anybody who's even remotely mobile. Flacco has the scrambling skills of Bernie Kosar which won't work behind this putrid OL. Past Risner we have a bunch of people starting who would be back ups on most NFL rosters. Scags is clearly in over his head as well. If they opt not to fire him right now at least bring in an "adviser" like Mike Shanahan and teach him or take over.

24. The Following User High Fived broncofaninfla For This Post:

The Gods demand blood.

26. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    The Gods demand blood.
    Maybe wave’s sister wife is menstruating soon

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

#TankforTua
    #HurlforHerbert
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information