Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Practice / press conference notes - week 7 (Chiefs week)

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Inc’s dislike for Flacco reminds me of when I disliked Cutler.
    Cutler was a avg QB as well so your dislike is warranted...
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Sorry Inc, I had to stop taking your posts on Flacco seriously when you started comparing him to Tebow. That's easily the dumbest thing you have said about Flacco. It's pretty clear that your hate for him is clouding any sort of objective judgement on his play.

Also, stop it with this stupid strawmam "Where is this super bowl MVP in his prime we were promised" argument. Literally no one has claimed that's what we were getting/that's what he was expected to be.
    You must have missed all those comments this summer from posters then about he is a solid QB 1 with a good arm, throws a deep ball will be a big upgrade....etc...I didn’t in fact I’m pretty much said he would be exactly what he has been through 6 games....subpar.....it sucks watching such crap QB play year in and year out...I just refuse to put on some blinders to how sub par he truly is....

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Last five Elev posts: [I hate Flacco. Offense sucks.]

Hey, dude can stay on message and on-brand like no other! Like Joel and the run game.

Your wrong my last post before this was that Flacco would throw a TD to Jano on a 3 yd checkdown...lol
    Last edited by Elevation inc; 10-16-2019 at 01:57 PM.

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    The likelihood of a defense scoring against us is rather high with our current QB and the nature of how the offense disappears. Once teams stop our run game, were pretty much f'ed. It is so reminiscent of what we did in 2011, run as much as we can and hope for a couple pass plays with sub par QB.....
    For those that can’t read I didn’t actually compare Tebow and Flacco simply alluded to similarities between offensive performance. The good news is we are winning with 16 and 20 points instead of 10 and 13.....
    Last edited by Elevation inc; 10-16-2019 at 01:57 PM.

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Last five Elev posts: [I hate Flacco. Offense sucks.]

Hey, dude can stay on message and on-brand like no other! Like Joel and the run game.
    Nothing incorrect with what I posted either FYI....

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

7. The Following 3 Users High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    We need that, if James can go well and be effective that might be another good boost for the run game...

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

KC is so banged up. We could not have possibly caught them at a better time.

10. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    You must have missed all those comments this summer from posters then about he is a solid QB 1 with a good arm, throws a deep ball will be a big upgrade....etc...I didn’t in fact I’m pretty much said he would be exactly what he has been through 6 games....subpar.....it sucks watching such crap QB play year in and year out...I just refuse to put on some blinders to how sub par he truly is....
    I don't think Flacco has been sub-par at all. I think he's been pretty good. He's had a few bad throws and his stats don't jump off the page, but the team hasn't lost because of Flacco. He's been good. He does have a great arm. He throws a great deep ball. He's smart, doesn't take a lot of bad sacks, doesn't turn the ball over, and doesn't make a ton of bad throws. He's the best QB not named Manning that this team has had since Jake Plummer...like it or not.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

12. The Following 3 Users High Fived SR For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Flacco is Alex Smith 2.0, but with less mobility and a better deep ball.

He's going to manage the game. He's going to limit your downside... And he has a really capped upside and has almost zero improvisation skills when the play breaks down.

He's simultaneously the least of our problems and a mild concern.

14. The Following 4 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SR View Post
    I don't think Flacco has been sub-par at all. I think he's been pretty good. He's had a few bad throws and his stats don't jump off the page, but the team hasn't lost because of Flacco. He's been good. He does have a great arm. He throws a great deep ball. He's smart, doesn't take a lot of bad sacks, doesn't turn the ball over, and doesn't make a ton of bad throws. He's the best QB not named Manning that this team has had since Jake Plummer...like it or not.
    I think your assessment of Flacco is based on his reputation and/or the guy he was five or six years ago. I always hear that he’s a great deep ball thrower, but that’s not really his game anymore. Just watching the games this year should show you this. His ANY/A is 5.76, good for 22nd out of 34 qualifying QB’s. As for the other things you mention here, his interception rate is 23rd out of 33 and his sack percentage is 21st out of 34. In other words, he is who we thought he was – below average.

Again, my issue isn’t really Flacco, per se. It’s the idea that we think we can bring in mediocre or worse veteran QB’s and pay them as if they’re quality starters. There are two realistic paths to success in the NFL nowadays – 1) get a good QB on a rookie deal and use the cap savings to bolster other areas on your team (which is hopefully what we will do with Lock – that’s why it’s imperative that he plays sooner rather than later) and 2) have a full fledged superstar, game changing QB making full QB money, and figure that you always have a chance because you have that guy. Hard to come by, of course, and with any luck, option 1 leads to option 2 eventually. Otherwise, you have to keep trying. Flacco is neither of these things (and neither was Keenum) so we’re just treading water until we move on.

16. The Following 3 Users High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

I think your assessment of Flacco is based on his reputation and/or the guy he was five or six years ago. I always hear that he’s a great deep ball thrower, but that’s not really his game anymore. Just watching the games this year should show you this. His ANY/A is 5.76, good for 22nd out of 34 qualifying QB’s. As for the other things you mention here, his interception rate is 23rd out of 33 and his sack percentage is 21st out of 34. In other words, he is who we thought he was – below average.

Again, my issue isn’t really Flacco, per se. It’s the idea that we think we can bring in mediocre or worse veteran QB’s and pay them as if they’re quality starters. There are two realistic paths to success in the NFL nowadays – 1) get a good QB on a rookie deal and use the cap savings to bolster other areas on your team (which is hopefully what we will do with Lock – that’s why it’s imperative that he plays sooner rather than later) and 2) have a full fledged superstar, game changing QB making full QB money, and figure that you always have a chance because you have that guy. Hard to come by, of course, and with any luck, option 1 leads to option 2 eventually. Otherwise, you have to keep trying. Flacco is neither of these things (and neither was Keenum) so we’re just treading water until we move on.
    The hidden downside of Flacco is the opportunity cost. You're paying him a ton of money to be average, which prevents building depth in other areas --- and his skillset is limited at this stage, so even in the best case scenario, you're getting slightly above average QB play and hoping to hit in every other phase of the game.

So basically, what you said - just worded differently.

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

It's unfair to pin those stats on solely Flacco. How many of his picks were bad routes or tipped passes? Are the short throws a result of not having enough time to throw? Are the sacks due to injuries and bad offensive line play/assignment execution? It isn't just "these are the stats and it's all his doing".
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

20. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    KC is so banged up. We could not have possibly caught them at a better time.
    I hope we drop 220 rushing yds and 4 rushing tds on them....just downright own em, so then when our QB and Wr’s account for 14 passes it won’t matter cause we just made KC our biatch lol....

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

22. The Following 2 Users High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Good post and well said. Wish I had the patience to be more eloquent in my post when it comes to flacco....but I don’t.....

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information