Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Practice / press conference notes - week 7 (Chiefs week)

Default Practice / press conference notes - week 7 (Chiefs week)

Gotta start this early since our game is on Thursday. What do you think our strategy will be?

2. The Following 8 Users High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

With Denver's luck, KC's defense will stop the run and their defense will look like the '84 Bears Thursday night.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Fangio gotta follow Houston blueprint keep Mahomes and Co off the Field

RUN RUN RUN AMD RUN SUM MORE

Mahimes is a lil dinged up if Denver can get to him gotta make it count

Flacco and the Offense MUST score more than 16 if they hope to pull this off

I think Broncos can actually pull this out, they lost what 6 straight? I woulda preferred KC not desperate for a Win but thats the hand they were dealt
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

5. The Following User High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Gotta start this early since our game is on Thursday. What do you think our strategy will be?

Strategy will be to get Lindsay and Freeman to quote the inimitable Carlos Hyde: 'They can't f*&king stop us'.

7. The Following 3 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

I would run a lot this game but I would also call a TON of PA and PA boots. The chefs are going to sell out to stop the run. Hit them with some PA and we should be able to move the ball.

Sadly, I am sure they will be able to move the ball a lot more successfully than we will. I still think we get our ish pushed in on this one.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

This game is huge,
    We are two games back of KC. A win puts us one game back and a better Div record. This is a must win game boys and girls, period!
    Bill Williamson:

"The Broncos went from one of the more attractive organizations in the NFL to one in total disarray. McDaniels will go down as one of the most reviled figures in Denver sports history".

10. The Following 8 Users High Fived turftoad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

I'm not expecting a win, and I'm okay with that as long as we continue this trajectory of improvement. We've been a little bit better each week it seems, and that won't be enough to beat the Chiefs yet, but I'll be happy if we just continue to improve on both sides of the ball.

12. The Following 3 Users High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

We are playing at home. We have a good shot at this one.
    Bill Williamson:

"The Broncos went from one of the more attractive organizations in the NFL to one in total disarray. McDaniels will go down as one of the most reviled figures in Denver sports history".

14. The Following 4 Users High Fived turftoad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I was kinda shocked at how low the opening line was. They only have KC favored by 3.5. Vegas is giving us a legit shot.

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

2 weeks ago 31 other Teams would have loved to have Denver on their schedule.

Today 31 other Teams wouldnt want to come face Denver at home after the Defense's performance the last two weeks.

If it were anyone but maybe KC or NE we'd expext a W.

If somehow Fangio can stop Mahomes Broncos in the thick of things in the AFC.

Its totally nuts how fast they went from thebfirst four weeks to last two.

Mike Klis @MikeKlis 42m
    Fangio On Mahomes: “I think he’s the John Elway of 80s and 90s. He’s Aaron Rodgers ... “ #9sports

Nicki Jhabvala @NickiJhabvala 42m
    Vic Fangio on Patrick Mahomes: "Great passer, a great improviser, plays with a lot of athletic arrogance, which is a compliment — he's very confident, very poised and doesn't rattled — and he has an arm that is really good. ... The guy is really, really special."

Cecil Lammey @CecilLammey 43m
    "Against this guy (Mahomes) you have to defend two plays...the one they've called and the one he can (improvise)." Vic Fangio #Broncos @1043TheFan

Andrew Mason @MaseDenver 43m
    Fangio, on whether Ja’Wuan James is healthy enough to play Thursday: “I don’t know yet"

Andrew Mason @MaseDenver 42m
    Fangio: “Our practices this week won’t be very strenuous” so it will “be a lost week” for some players coming off IR and returning to practice.

Cecil Lammey @CecilLammey 39m
    "(Andy Reid) has always had a good screen game. They've always got it....it's always on his play call list. Usually misdirection involved and they can be tough to handle." Vic Fangio #Broncos
    @1043TheFan

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    I was kinda shocked at how low the opening line was. They only have KC favored by 3.5. Vegas is giving us a legit shot.
    Duh. It's like you guys haven't been watching the Broncos.

What really bugs me is that Buff doesn't think a win is realistic. I used to think he was smart.

21. The Following 4 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Duh. It's like you guys haven't been watching the Broncos.

What really bugs me is that Buff doesn't think a win is realistic. I used to think he was smart.
    I think theyre getting KC at a really great time and theyre facing Denver on the road at the wrong time. It is all set up.

0-6 vs KC and Broncos almost beat them last year, when Denver was worse and KC was better right?

****ing Flacco cannot turn the ball over.

KC defense smells like wet garbage in a hot day.

Im really hyped about this game and watching this Defense the last two weeks its a totally different team than we saw the 1st month

23. The Following 2 Users High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SR View Post
    With Denver's luck, KC's defense will stop the run and their defense will look like the '84 Bears Thursday night.
    That's '85 Bears, not '84 but the Chiefs haven't one player capable of matching any the '85 Bears. Besides the Broncos will simply try and run the ball 40 times and the Chefs' run defense is horrible.

The line dropped dramatically the last 2 weeks as the Chefs have sucked. But this is a division game, so they will be prepared for the Broncos. We'll see if the Broncos can slow them down.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information