Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Practice / press conference notes - week 7 (Chiefs week)

Quote Originally Posted by SR View Post
    It's unfair to pin those stats on solely Flacco. How many of his picks were bad routes or tipped passes? Are the short throws a result of not having enough time to throw? Are the sacks due to injuries and bad offensive line play/assignment execution? It isn't just "these are the stats and it's all his doing".
    Fair point but the same can be said of any QB - are all of their interceptions and sacks solely on them? No but that’s why we have stats to standardize things like this. The longer the season goes, the better the sample size. I didn’t look up his stats in prior years but I suspect they’re similar. I know his ANY/A has been bottom third for at least four or five years though

2. The Following User High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Fair point but the same can be said of any QB - are all of their interceptions and sacks solely on them? No but that’s why we have stats to standardize things like this. The longer the season goes, the better the sample size. I didn’t look up his stats in prior years but I suspect they’re similar. I know his ANY/A has been bottom third for at least four or five years though
    This is true, but I still respectfully disagree with any notion that Flacco has been terrible.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

We're two roughing the passer calls against the defense away from Flacco having us at 4-2. He's not a world beater, but he's not costing us games either.

5. The Following 4 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

There are also other things to consider. It's his first year in a new offense with an entirely new team (coaching staff, players, line, stadium, etc.) and those variables need to be taken in to account. You can't build the chemistry you need to build through OTAs and training camp when you play against the same players every day. He played minimal snaps in the pre-season. The offense and defense are going to continue to improve.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

7. The Following 6 Users High Fived SR For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    We're two roughing the passer calls against the defense away from Flacco having us at 4-2. He's not a world beater, but he's not costing us games either.
    I think this is an over-simplistic trap... He's squandered a lot of opportunities and left some points on the field in those games too - maybe they don't come down to the final possession if the offense is more effective.

But we're basically saying the same thing.

9. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I think this is an over-simplistic trap... He's squandered a lot of opportunities and left some points on the field in those games too - maybe they don't come down to the final possession if the offense is more effective.

Sure, but the point is we've been in all 6 games we've played this year. Flacco has done about what we could have hoped for, do enough to keep the offense afloat while the defense shines. We're 2-0 since the defense finally woke up.

Yeah, he threw a terrible INT in the Bears game, threw the INT before the half in the Jaguars game (and then disappeared until we were behind). Don't play into that "we should be 4-2" thing Wave - this is the kind of thinking that keeps this team in nowheresville.

12. The Following User High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Sure, but the point is we've been in all 6 games we've played this year. Flacco has done about what we could have hoped for, do enough to keep the offense afloat while the defense shines. We're 2-0 since the defense finally woke up.
    I don't agree with that though. We are bottom third in yards/game. We're bottom third in points/game. We are bottom third in 3rd down conversions. We should hope for more.

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Yeah, he threw a terrible INT in the Bears game, threw the INT before the half in the Jaguars game (and then disappeared until we were behind). Don't play into that "we should be 4-2" thing Wave - this is the kind of thinking that keeps this team in nowheresville.
    He also led us to last minute go ahead TDs in both of those games. My point is that the defense has underperformed relative to expectations more than Flacco has.

16. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I don't agree with that though. We are bottom third in yards/game. We're bottom third in points/game. We are bottom third in 3rd down conversions. We should hope for more.
    Sure I hope for more. I'd love to recreate the 2012 and 2013 offenses. But Peyton isn't walking through that door. It's not like there were a ton of better options than Flacco on the market this off-season. He's who we have though, and he's done about as well as expected. And until Lock can return, we don't really have a choice.

18. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	73107165_1344181179075080_59372244920434688_o.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	83.7 KB 
ID:	15158

I am excited for tomorrow night!

20. The Following 6 Users High Fived Magnificent Seven For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

He also led us to last minute go ahead TDs in both of those games. My point is that the defense has underperformed relative to expectations more than Flacco has.
    This is a sound point for sure....I was pretty upset with many of our defensive personnel even more so then flacco. I have alluded to that in many post as well. On this point we do agree.
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Sure I hope for more. I'd love to recreate the 2012 and 2013 offenses. But Peyton isn't walking through that door. It's not like there were a ton of better options than Flacco on the market this off-season. He's who we have though, and he's done about as well as expected. And until Lock can return, we don't really have a choice.
    I'm not even looking for that, I want a offense that can take time off the clock, stay consistent through the game and score more then 21 points consistently, minimize turnovers and negative plays, be more efficient in the red zone and on 3rd down. that's all I ask for, with a top defense that makes damn near every game winnable if we do that and show up...its only a matter of time if our offense continues like it is before the offense vs defense LR battles pop up, the chemistry goes down hill etc.....when we play like this on offense even the best defense cant always recover after constant 3 and outs. we were 2 of14 on 3rd down last week, Flacco was a big part of that.

were getting sub par QB play much like the Bengals are getting from Dalton...its below avg. and we should want more. I understand we cant change it, but that doesn't mean I cant be vocal and irritated about how he is playing, especially since I alluded to the fact all summer of how he is a Avg QB and he has done nothing to prove otherwise this season at this point. In fact to be honest I actually, even in all my dislike of the guy expected him to be a bit better than he has so far....to me he has been subpar....

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

23. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Earlier in this season, when one side of the ball was playing well, the other side sucked/underperformed -depending on how you sliced it - and that ended up hurting the side of the ball that was playing decently. It sucks when you aren't playing solid football on both sides of the ball. That usually requires one side of the ball to be exceptional if you want any sustainable success. Flacco has been an average NFL starter. Average NFL starters can hit some nice throws, but will make some rough decisions, or are limited in their play. If they didn't, they'd be more than average.

I'm not a fan of Flacco as a long term solution to this team. If Lock's on this team next year/we have someone like Tua on the roster/some insane happenstance that couldn't be predicted and we have someone else, Flacco shouldn't be starting. That being said, I appreciate the feeling of having someone out on the field who isn't an embarrassment to the franchise.

Inc, I feel you in general regarding Flacco. But right now, we're okay with him.

25. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Earlier in this season, when one side of the ball was playing well, the other side sucked/underperformed -depending on how you sliced it - and that ended up hurting the side of the ball that was playing decently. It sucks when you aren't playing solid football on both sides of the ball. That usually requires one side of the ball to be exceptional if you want any sustainable success. Flacco has been an average NFL starter. Average NFL starters can hit some nice throws, but will make some rough decisions, or are limited in their play. If they didn't, they'd be more than average.

I'm not a fan of Flacco as a long term solution to this team. If Lock's on this team next year/we have someone like Tua on the roster/some insane happenstance that couldn't be predicted and we have someone else, Flacco shouldn't be starting. That being said, I appreciate the feeling of having someone out on the field who isn't an embarrassment to the franchise.

Inc, I feel you in general regarding Flacco. But right now, we're okay with him.
    In no way shape or form should we be happy with a 2-4 record, a offense with a QB that has disappeared most of every game and a overall body of work that's produced 6 Td's, 8 turnovers and 1400 some odd yards in 6 f'in games, not to mention the 9 points cost in the get points area of the field because of stupid sacks....nobody was happy when trevor, or case did that and I'm pretty damn sure people were pissed when peyton played that way in 2015.....how the flying frick is Flacco getting a pass its crazy talk....

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information