Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Elway: No Broncos are on the trading block --SANDERS TRADED

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by UnderArmour View Post
    It would depend on the amount he got signed for, and the amount of free agents we signed. A 4th or a 5th would be the most likely outcome, because I don't see him making bank in free agency at this stage in his career.

Sanders is definitely gone on Tuesday. Question is where. 49ers, Packers, Bills, Colts, Jags, Seahawks, Cowboys, and Titans could all be in the market. AJ Green and Sanu are also possible targets for these teams though, so who knows? Broncos at worst will get a 5th, at best a 3rd rounder.
    Green would almost have to be a trade and sign. He’s a rental and he’s going to get a second or third round comp for the Bengals, so to get value they’d probably need the other team to sign him to an extension. That’s complicated in season. Sanu is under contract for two seasons, so that might bode well for Denver getting a third for Sanders, who, coming off a bunch of injuries and as a rental would be the easiest to get on the market. We’ll see if John can leverage that. I think he needs to go, he’s clearly been unhappy for a couple seasons.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Green would almost have to be a trade and sign. He’s a rental and he’s going to get a second or third round comp for the Bengals, so to get value they’d probably need the other team to sign him to an extension. That’s complicated in season. Sanu is under contract for two seasons, so that might bode well for Denver getting a third for Sanders, who, coming off a bunch of injuries and as a rental would be the easiest to get on the market. We’ll see if John can leverage that. I think he needs to go, he’s clearly been unhappy for a couple seasons.
    Highest available comp pick is a 3rd round pick, so it would be similar to the Golden Tate scenario last season where the Eagles were comfortable giving up a 3rd knowing they could either re-sign him or get a compensatory pick back. A team acquiring AJ Green could safely do so knowing that they will be in line to get a possible 3rd or 4th round pick back when he leaves in free agency.

The same applies for Emmanuel, except the compensatory pick won't be a 3rd. A team could acquire him, knowing that if he walks in free agency, they will be in line to get a pick back down the road. Both players status as rentals actually somewhat works in favor of their trade values.

3. The Following User High Fived UnderArmour For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Elway aint tradin nothin. You guys are overthinkin it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    He's not a very good GM, unfortunately.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    He's not a very good GM, unfortunately.
    Don'chu be talkin bout Elway like dat!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-10-20 at 6.17.07 PM.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	17.1 KB 
ID:	15180

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Wanna bet? Sanders is definitely gone by the deadline.

Don'chu be talkin bout Elway like dat!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-10-20 at 6.17.07 PM.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	17.1 KB 
ID:	15180
    Flacco, TS, CK, PL, and Brock (not a total failure but neither a success, either) are his GM legacy just as much as PFM.

I just can't think that's acceptable.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Flacco, TS, CK, PL, and Brock (not a total failure but neither a success, either) are his GM legacy just as much as PFM.

I just can't think that's acceptable.
    Taken as a whole his career as a GM is impressive. He hasn't delivered lately and that's what matters most. His legacy will be how he handles where we are now. Will he continue down the same path until he's fired or will he bring in some help, turn it around, and go out on top?

We shall see. What I do know is your talk of his legacy is premature.

10. The Following 3 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Apparently Shefter has confirmed the John is looking to trade Eman by next Thursday.

12. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    Taken as a whole his career as a GM is impressive. He hasn't delivered lately and that's what matters most. His legacy will be how he handles where we are now. Will he continue down the same path until he's fired or will he bring in some help, turn it around, and go out on top?

We shall see. What I do know is your talk of his legacy is premature.
    Well, he signed PFM, and won a SB. He gets a lot of credit for PFM, and the FAs he got after PFM. But until recently he was horrible at drafting. And we've sucked for awhile. I'm just frustrated with so many of his decisions, and if he really isn't looking to get more draft capital after that drubbing we just took, it's over. But, the reports Northman linked make me feel a little better...even if the Flacco restructure is horrifying.

I think I'm mad at him more because he knows better. He's a very talented person, and that includes his business savvy and intellect. Some of these things were just obvious blunders. Some of them I get. I defended his earlier drafts, and to an extent I still do. I loved his last two drafts. I'm just grumpy.
    Last edited by Poet; 10-20-2019 at 10:22 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater

Not with the patriots. I hope not!

17. The Following 4 Users High Fived Magnificent Seven For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Magnificent Seven View Post
    Not with the patriots. I hope not!
    I hope not as well.... BUT it's time for a rebuild.

19. The Following 3 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    I hope not as well.... BUT it's time for a rebuild.
    Eagles, Panthers, and Niners are interested in Sanders.

21. The Following 3 Users High Fived Magnificent Seven For This Post:

NFL rumors: Broncos likely to trade WR Emmanuel Sanders before deadline

9News is reporting that Sanders is being actively shopped for trade and that he's likely to be dealt before the trade deadline.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information