Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread: Elway: No Broncos are on the trading block --SANDERS TRADED

I hate bad ILBs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

2. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Sorry but ST’s can wait, **** them. That’s how you end up with 6 ILB’s on your roster that can’t cover TE’s. The best way to improve depth is to replace your shitty starters and make them your ST’s core.
    Or just make better choices......just saying.

4. The Following 3 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

bad ILB's suck, however you need quality guys for Special teams to. Guys like Jewell and Nelson should be your special teams backers not starters.....
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Keith Burns for the win.

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    No, you couldn't. That would be disastrous to a rebuild as it's exactly the type of player and contract you look to move for a rebuild, not what you look to take on.
    Davii have you read any other post I've made about this? In this scenario I'm laying out, Bell never plays a snap here. You're basically buying a draft pick with cap space.

10. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Davii have you read any other post I've made about this? In this scenario I'm laying out, Bell never plays a snap here. You're basically buying a draft pick with cap space.
    Yes, and I disagree.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Yes, and I disagree.
    Ok, because you said "Bell isn't the type of player you want to bring on in a rebuild". Just wanted to make it clear that Bell would never play here in this scenario.

If you're fully committing to truly rebuilding, which we should be, we aren't going to be throwing big money at free agents this off-season, and Bell's cap hit next year wouldn't matter.

13. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Ok, because you said "Bell isn't the type of player you want to bring on in a rebuild". Just wanted to make it clear that Bell would never play here in this scenario.

If you're fully committing to truly rebuilding, which we should be, we aren't going to be throwing big money at free agents this off-season, and Bell's cap hit next year wouldn't matter.
    I'm talking his stupid money contract. That's the type of contract you want rid of.

Again, I disagree.

15. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I'm talking his stupid money contract. That's the type of contract you want rid of.

Again, I disagree.
    I agree generally, but that's why the Jets would send over a premium pick to get rid of it. It only makes sense if you're completely rebuilding and need draft picks more than cap space, which I'd say is the position we're currently in.

17. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

The way i understood it Davii was talking about the contract, not Bell playing for the Broncos.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

I agree generally, but that's why the Jets would send over a premium pick to get rid of it. It only makes sense if you're completely rebuilding and need draft picks more than cap space, which I'd say is the position we're currently in.
    We also need cap space to get those FA keys to a rebuild. No rebuild has ever happened 100% from the draft, even though draft centric, and we also know damn well Elway isn't going to commit to a FULL rebuild.

I also don't think a 2 would be worth that money alone.

If it was so obviously a great move someone would've done it. Although we all KNOW we need a full rebuild we also have to be realistic about what we're going to get and what will, realistically, happen with our GM and "ownership".

This trade, IMO, wouldn't have been a good thing to do nor would it fit in with the direction that we can realistically assume Elway will take us.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

I really don't think we need a total rebuild. We have really good players on both sides of the ball - just missing a few pieces.

Personally, I'd hate to see this team blown up. There's too many talented position players to do that, and many of the teams that went that route are sill dwelling in meteorically or worse.

21. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    I really don't think we need a total rebuild. We have really good players on both sides of the ball - just missing a few pieces.

Personally, I'd hate to see this team blown up. There's too many talented position players to do that, and many of the teams that went that route are sill dwelling in meteorically or worse.

We've gone this route of not doing a full rebuild and have been dwelling in mediocrity. You might not be wrong, though. I could 'slice' it in a way where you're right.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    We've gone this route of not doing a full rebuild and have been dwelling in mediocrity. You might not be wrong, though. I could 'slice' it in a way where you're right.
    SB50 says hello - only 4 short years ago.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    SB50 says hello - only 4 short years ago.
    We have 4 players still on the roster from that team.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information