Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Eagles News: Von Miller listed among potential trade targets!

Default Eagles News: Von Miller listed among potential trade targets!

I don't think this rumor counts as real news. But the mere fact there are such rumors indicates something is going on. The Broncos are probably hearing offers about Von Miller. I doubt he gets traded though.

Eagles News: Von Miller listed among potential trade targets
    78 comments

Eagles trade rumors: Von Miller, Chris Harris headline potential targets not named Jalen Ramsey - NBCSP

Broncos outside linebacker Von Miller: Staying in Denver, an idea that’s catching on is the possibility of shopping Miller, with NFL Network analyst and former Eagles scout Daniel Jeremiah suggesting Howie make a call. It’s not that farfetched — Broncos general manager John Elway himself raised the prospect of shopping Miller back in the offseason. And while the seven-time Pro Bowler is a linebacker by trade, he’s played with his hand in the dirt before. The cost would be high, surely starting with a first-round pick and then some, plus $18 million in 2020 and ’21, when Miller will be 32. A case can also be made defensive end isn’t even the real issue for the Eagles’ defense. But when you can add anybody who registered 14.5 sacks only a season ago, you’ve got to at least look into it.
    News reports that Elway is shopping Von Miller. Even if this report isn't accurate (it's speculation at best), the fact that his name is appearing connected with trade rumors means they are actively looking at offers at least.

They might not get any offers they like (1st round pick at a minimum). The Eagles 1st rounder might be somewhere in the mid-20's if they make the playoffs (a given).

Does not sound like the Broncos management are all in on competing this season.

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

My heart can’t handle this.

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    I don't think this rumor counts as real news. But the mere fact there are such rumors indicates something is going on. The Broncos are probably hearing offers about Von Miller. I doubt he gets traded though.

News reports that Elway is shopping Von Miller. Even if this report isn't accurate (it's speculation at best), the fact that his name is appearing connected with trade rumors means they are actively looking at offers at least.

They might not get any offers they like (1st round pick at a minimum). The Eagles 1st rounder might be somewhere in the mid-20's if they make the playoffs (a given).

Does not sound like the Broncos management are all in on competing this season.
    It doesn't matter how badly you want to go out with a girl. If she not interested, then she's not interested. You need to get over her & move on. Broncos insiders already said that Miller is 1 player that the Broncos are not going to trade, period. If the Eagle are truly interested in him, because they realize that all they need to do to increase his sack production is to have rush the passer instead of dropping back into coverage, they need to get over him & move on to someone whose team is interested in trading him.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I already really like the Eagles because they have an actually intelligent head coach who uses analytics and realizes it's smart to actually go for two and 4th downs a lot, so if Miller goes there too, they might just become my NFC team.

Having said that, please don't do this Denver. I know we'd probably get a massive haul for him, but I want him to retire in Denver.

6. The Following 4 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    It doesn't matter how badly you want to go out with a girl. If she not interested, then she's not interested. You need to get over her & move on. Broncos insiders already said that Miller is 1 player that the Broncos are not going to trade, period. If the Eagle are truly interested in him, because they realize that all they need to do to increase his sack production is to have rush the passer instead of dropping back into coverage, they need to get over him & move on to someone whose team is interested in trading him.
    No one is untradeable, other than maybe a young star QB on a rookie deal. Pretty much everyone has a price. If a team offered us something like 4 first rounders for Miller, we'd be insane to say no. I tend to agree he probably isn't going anywhere, but any smart team is doing their due diligence and at least calling to see how available he is.

8. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

It makes sense especially for a team like Denver who is in total disarray and in need of a new direction. Sometimes you need to tear it all down in order to build it back up.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    It makes sense especially for a team like Denver who is in total disarray and in need of a new direction. Sometimes you need to tear it all down in order to build it back up.
    I'd still rather not trade him, and if I'm Denver I'm probably hanging up if their initial offer is anything less than 3 firsts or 2 firsts and a second or something like that.

11. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    I'd still rather not trade him, and if I'm Denver I'm probably hanging up if their initial offer is anything less than 3 firsts or 2 firsts and a second or something like that.
    They will never get that especially with Von struggling to get sacks this year whether its his fault or the scheme's fault. No one is going to pay him that, back in 2015 probably but not now.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    They will never get that especially with Von struggling to get sacks this year whether its his fault or the scheme's fault. No one is going to pay him that, back in 2015 probably but not now.
    Then he's not worth trading. I'm all for a rebuild, but I'm not for selling guys off at pennies on the dollar.

14. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Don't touch our Von!

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

But you can touch our Chubb!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I want to be sympathetic, but one should not have sympathy for inauthentic sorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Its like Save the Rainforest. People aren't saying, 'F**ck those other forests', its just that this particular forest is in worse shape right now.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    But you can touch our Chubb!
    I like our Chubb, too.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

NFL report that everybody but Miller is available.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    NFL report that everybody but Miller is available.
    Sounds good to me. I'd probably want to keep anyone still on a rookie contact too.

21. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    No one is untradeable, other than maybe a young star QB on a rookie deal. Pretty much everyone has a price. If a team offered us something like 4 first rounders for Miller, we'd be insane to say no. I tend to agree he probably isn't going anywhere, but any smart team is doing their due diligence and at least calling to see how available he is.
    4 First rounders?

Dude, the 49ers gave a 2nd round pick for Jimmy Garappolo. The Broncos would be very lucky to get as much for Von as the Raiders got for Kalil Mack, who is younger and much cheaper and thus more valuable.

Bears get: Khalil Mack, a 2020 second-round round pick and a conditional 2020 fifth-round pick.

Raiders get: 2019 first-round pick, 2020 first-round pick, 2020 third-round pick, 2019 sixth-round pick.
    The Bears gave up a late first round pick in 2019, another next year and a 3rd rounder in 2020 and got Mack plus the Raiders probably high second rounder in 2020.

Von might get you a first, but any team that would trade for him would be an 11-5 or 12-4 type team that thinks Von will win them a SB right away. They won't have a great draft pick.

And Chris Harris might get you a 3rd rounder? The Broncos have drafted Dre'Mont Jones, Isaac Yiadom and Carlos Henderson in the 3rd round in the last 3 seasons.

Do we really think Elway will make use of that 3rd rounder to get someone to replace Chris Harris? Or even produce an impact player at any position?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information