Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Eagles News: Von Miller listed among potential trade targets!

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    4 First rounders?

Dude, the 49ers gave a 2nd round pick for Jimmy Garappolo. The Broncos would be very lucky to get as much for Von as the Raiders got for Kalil Mack, who is younger and much cheaper and thus more valuable.

The Bears gave up a late first round pick in 2019, another next year and a 3rd rounder in 2020 and got Mack plus the Raiders probably high second rounder in 2020.

Von might get you a first, but any team that would trade for him would be an 11-5 or 12-4 type team that thinks Von will win them a SB right away. They won't have a great draft pick.

And Chris Harris might get you a 3rd rounder? The Broncos have drafted Dre'Mont Jones, Isaac Yiadom and Carlos Henderson in the 3rd round in the last 3 seasons.

Do we really think Elway will make use of that 3rd rounder to get someone to replace Chris Harris? Or even produce an impact player at any position?
    You. Do. Not. Stop. Acquiring. Draft. Picks. Because. Other. Draft. Picks. Busted.

*The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

2. The Following 6 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

I don't want to trade Von per se, but I have no sacred cows. Do the Eagles even have the ammo, though?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    I don't want to trade Von per se, but I have no sacred cows. Do the Eagles even have the ammo, though?
    you make me sad with your undertones.

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

McRibs are terrible.

SHOTS FIRED!!!!

l
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    you make me sad with your undertones.
    Why? I don't want to trade Von. I love me some Von. This is a known thing. Don't get s/mad at me, get s/mad at the shitty drafting and FA choices that got us here.

I won't fight with you, Nomad. If you want to disparage a favorite thing of mine, that is your right.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Why? I don't want to trade Von. I love me some Von. This is a known thing. Don't get s/mad at me, get s/mad at the shitty drafting and FA choices that got us here.

I won't fight with you, Nomad. If you want to disparage a favorite thing of mine, that is your right.
    Let's go get McRibs together my brother.

10. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Let's go get McRibs together my brother.
    **** yeah!

12. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    You. Do. Not. Stop. Acquiring. Draft. Picks. Because. Other. Draft. Picks. Busted.

I'm not opposed to a trade if it's part of a Strategic Plan that provides a real way forward. I'm saying that the Broncos aren't getting 4 first round picks. I'm saying they would get at most ONE first round pick, and maybe a 3rd rounder.

AND I'm saying that John Elway cannot be the person making those picks because he's proven that he can't find talent in the third round.

What I object to most is that there was no real strategic plan from Elway the last 3 years. There's been ridiculous fantasies about how good their team is and how everything is gonna turn around once we get rid of Vance Joseph.

Well, that fantasy exploded. However bad Vance was (and he was pretty bad), this ain't any better. Scangarella doesn't look like he knows how to call games.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Team sucks = trade your best players.

Stupid.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Stupid.
    If you aren't winning with them and you need a rebuild, and your best players are aging...it's not necessarily stupid. It often can be smart.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

If you aren't winning with them and you need a rebuild, and your best players are aging...it's not necessarily stupid. It often can be smart.
    But when your team sucks shouldn’t you replace the players that suck?
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

18. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

But when your team sucks shouldn’t you replace the players that suck?
    You do both. You get the assets you can and go large scale revamp. Sometimes you have so many holes in the team that the fastest way back to the playoffs is the rebuild.

Adopted Bronco:
    Jerry Rosburg

This is not the NBA. No team is so bad they need a total rebuild. That thinking turns you into the Cleveland Browns. You also can’t attract FA’s when you set out to suck. IF lock is a franchise QB, then you don’t need a fire sale to suddenly be in the mix. But we need a few quality drafts.

Stupid.
    The logic is simple. Why pay an elite player $20m if you're years away from competing. By the time the team is ready to win again, Von would be several years older. Better to start over with good young players by selling everybody for draft picks.

I don't fully buy this idea but the team really does need as many draft picks as they can get.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information