Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 3 Denver players post horrendous PFF grades

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    Maybe he should be a leader and go to the coaches and say this isn't working. Nah, just play like shit in shitty scheme and make announcements about only having so many games left before free market is much better. Maybe the whole team should write it in, that'll show em. Ihope it hurts his big contract money if that's his last days in Denver. He did alot for us, but he's given up, so hasta luego.
    who knows what he's said to the coaches. . .

i do know that chris took a boatload less on his less contract than what he could have gotten on the free market-- and he said at the time that he did it because winning was more important. . . it's cool that they gave him a couple extra mil this year, but i don't blame him if winning is still more important to him. . . nonetheless, he hasn't been the guy out there missing tackles left and right, or getting blown off the line of scrimmage every freaking play. . . i don't put any stock in PFF grades, but if he did have a bad game against the jags, i don't care. . . happens to everybody at some point. . . dude was ready to try playing on a broken leg for this team if it got to the playoffs, less than a year ago. . .

if he can't take the constant losing-- and more importantly, the massive ineptitude and mismanagement of the team that leads to the losing-- then i say more power to him. . . i wish we had more guys who can't stand to lose. . . i hope he lands on a good team, and gets every penny he deserves. . . JMO. . . still love ya either way , but i don't agree here at all. . . just another reason these seasons suck. . . damn, i wish the donkeys were still good at football, instead of being a raider-like dumpster fire that our best players can't wait to get away from. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post

And would you really want a player who could "reconcile his identity with this version of the Broncos?" This version of the Broncos suck big monkey balls. Who would want to reconcile with that?
    yea. . . this is where i'm at. . . we can talk about a team's developmental timeline, extenuating circumstances, etc. . . but if a guy like chris harris doesn't fit your "team culture," that probably means your team culture blows. . . what former all-pro, champion vet would get excited about being basically out of it before october, and staring down the barrel of a 4th wasted year in a row, with no real reason for optimism in sight? i'd rather have our guys be grouchy and pissed off about it-- it beats the alternative, which is not caring. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Eff it, everyone give up. Who cares.

Said the browns the last 20 years.

That's how you create 25 years of sucking. We're into year 4 of sucking. Fix the culture. That don't change with playing players that quit. It also don't change with a gm that just doesn't have it anymore. We need changes, but the only ones that can be controlled right now, is on the field.
    Last edited by GEM; 10-06-2019 at 07:49 AM.

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Couldn't agree more GEM. I find it laughable that anyone is giving Harris a pass for basically packing it in and counting down the days until free agency.

Look at Von. You don't see him pouting and taking plays off. He's put his head down and worked and just had his best game of the season.

Keep Von, trade Harris.

7. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Packing it in is a personality trait. It's a show of pretty bad sportsmanship. To give up on your team and the guys around you. To give up on the fans who support you either win or lose. I just can't support that. For a guy who is so high when they're up, then gives up when they're down. Play harder, make those around you better. That's how you don't let the shit kill a culture in Denver. Gives the team a biting chance at recovering from front office bs.

9. The Following 3 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information