Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the best new phone?

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Default What is the best new phone?

My Google Pixel 1 has been glitching more often lately - so I'm ready to upgrade. The battery life is also pretty shitty.

Prior to this I had an iphone - then switching to Android was pretty jarring. I'm kind of indifferent on ios vs. android - but the lack of a headphone jack has me nervous.

I also don't like the giant displays - I kind of like the size of the 5" Android (that's what she said). Is 5G a gamechanger? Any strong feelings on the iphone 11 vs the Galaxy 10?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I really like the iPhone X I got a little over a month ago, but they also kind of have me roped in with my iTunes subscription. The battery life is actually kind of amazing. I go a full 16 hour day from waking up to going to bed and it only drains about 60 percent. I don’t watch a lot of video, that does drain it a little more. Also, the headphones just plug into the port now.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

3. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Android for the W

LG has come a long way
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

I enjoy my Galaxy s10. Battery life is great. Works great.

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    I enjoy my Galaxy s10. Battery life is great. Works great.
    Yeah it has awesome battery life.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

My Google Pixel 1 has been glitching more often lately - so I'm ready to upgrade. The battery life is also pretty shitty.

Prior to this I had an iphone - then switching to Android was pretty jarring. I'm kind of indifferent on ios vs. android - but the lack of a headphone jack has me nervous.

I also don't like the giant displays - I kind of like the size of the 5" Android (that's what she said). Is 5G a gamechanger? Any strong feelings on the iphone 11 vs the Galaxy 10?
    I'm the wrong person to ask. I've been using the cheap LG smartphone from cricket with the big ass battery. The battery in that thing is the truth, and while the camera on it sucks, I have never thought to myself "damn my phone is dead again." More like "shit I haven't charged this thing in almost a week, guess I've been remiss."

For me that is perfect.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

I have a Pixel 3. I'm not really much of tech guy, so I don't know how it compares to other phones, but it has been pretty flawless.

I don't have to charge my battery at all during the day (same as MO, said above), so the battery life is nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

If all goes as plan, I’ll be in the market for a new phone the 1st of next year that can handle the demands of driving for Doordash. I drove briefly for Lyft last October with my current LG phone, but both the battery & the RAM were inadequate to run their App. What I’ll need is an Android phone that has the longest life battery & most RAM possible. That’s all. I don’t need a toy with a bunch of teenee-bopper non-sense that serves no real purpose but to jack up the price of the phone, I'll just need a work tool.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Can you not keep the phone plugged in while driving?

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Can you not keep the phone plugged in while driving?
    I did, the Lyft App drew so much of my phone's resources that it drained my battery faster then it could be recharged by plugging it into the car's USB port.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Casio.

14. The Following 3 Users High Fived WTE For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    If all goes as plan, I’ll be in the market for a new phone the 1st of next year that can handle the demands of driving for Doordash. I drove briefly for Lyft last October with my current LG phone, but both the battery & the RAM were inadequate to run their App. What I’ll need is an Android phone that has the longest life battery & most RAM possible. That’s all. I don’t need a toy with a bunch of teenee-bopper non-sense that serves no real purpose but to jack up the price of the phone, I'll just need a work tool.
    You need a new phone. I’d driven an old iPhone into the ground and it did stuff like that. Only solution is a new phone.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Ive had the galaxy note 9 for a while now. Best phone I have ever had. NOt sure if it has been 1 or 2 years now, but its pretty sweet.

I am hard on my phones though. I use them round the clock for work or games and stuff. So my battery is pretty shot. Initially the batter was great but I have beaten the hell out of it. I usually have to charge mine 2x a day. Not a big deal as at work my desk has a usb for charging and I charge in the car when needed and at home.

Still, that is my biggest complaint. I used to have apple. Liked it a bunch too. Like my droid better. Sorry I am not too helpful.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

17. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

I'm an iPhone guy. I've never had a problem with any of my iPhones with the exception of one I had years ago that the home button got stuck on, but it popped back out after a good rapping with my knuckle. Shattered the screen on one when I dropped it on a sidewalk. Other than that, they're great. Had my iPhone 8s Plus for two years now. The battery sucks, but Apple has fixed the battery problems. Looking at upgrading to an 11 Pro in the next month or so.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived SR For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Ive had the galaxy note 9 for a while now. Best phone I have ever had. NOt sure if it has been 1 or 2 years now, but its pretty sweet.

I am hard on my phones though. I use them round the clock for work or games and stuff. So my battery is pretty shot. Initially the batter was great but I have beaten the hell out of it. I usually have to charge mine 2x a day. Not a big deal as at work my desk has a usb for charging and I charge in the car when needed and at home.

Still, that is my biggest complaint. I used to have apple. Liked it a bunch too. Like my droid better. Sorry I am not too helpful.
    Just fire up your pink extra!

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information