Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Imaginary fun day! Glorious Rebuild Dreamscapes.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I'm a dork, I know. Anyway, let's pretend the Broncos are back in contention in a few years. How does it happen?
    you're not a dork. the more I think about this I think we just need to restructure everything from the top down. I like this kid out of Iowa at DE in next years draft. some Italian outta the Chicago suburbs. also think that we should pick up a safety in the FA and fire Fangio.

2. The Following User High Fived BroncoNut For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Step One – Face the harsh reality that we are nowhere near rebuilding. For far too long we have neglected positions that aren’t seen as pivotal. 3-4 defenses can get by without having great ILB’s, offenses can get by without meaningful TE depth and third WR’s. Look yourself in the mirror and admit that not only have you often failed to hit on the larger/sexier positions, but by failing to address the tertiary positions as a whole you’ve greatly weakened the team.
    Step Two – Note that while resources have to be allocated to the major issues, the tertiary positions are in need of something more than bargain bin purchases. Yeah, you drafted Fant last year. That’s a nice start. A….start.

Step Two – Left tackle. Garrett Bolles can’t block anything other than success. If you have to draft one in the first round, you do it. If you have to break open the bank in FA, you do it. Lord knows rolling money over from year-to-year is the Elway way….and it should account for something. FFS, trade for one. Maybe you draft a couple guys who can play multiple spots and you sign/trade for an average LT. Just put the resources in it. We’re not looking for the next Walter Jones. We’re looking for a legitimate NFL starter.

Step Three – purge the veterans. Yes, including Von Miller. Yes, including CHJ. Yes, Wolfe. You take the best offer you can get, know that teams won’t offer top dollar because these guys are older, you’re clearly out of contention, and you don’t have bargaining power. That’s the reality of the situation. It’s a firesale for a reason. Hold your nose, grit up, and do it.
    Step Four – Get a new head coach. I know this won’t be popular. I know a lot of you already hate me because I’m kind of negative. I get it. Here’s my point – you have a very old head coach who clearly isn’t that great. He’s based on defense. You have little young defensive talent. You will be relying on Lock, young offensive talent, or a first round QB, Sutton, Lindsay, Freeman, Fant….get the picture. Stop fighting modern NFL trends. You can still win with defense. But go in a direction of strength.

Also, the argument has often been that you can just get a good OC to fix the offense. Well, why doesn’t that argument work for the defense/DC as well? If the answer is just that you prefer defense then you don’t have an argument.

Step Four – Get that quarterback. In step two I noted you might have to draft a LT. The only exception to that position is if there’s a god tier Qb available. I love Lock. I beat the drum for Lock months before the last season ended. I think he clearly has round one talent. I think he clearly has a huge work ethic, and he’s a good young man. I believe in him. However, he’s a really good talent…and if there’s that top tier monster talent, that generational talent…that…shining beacon of hope….you go with hope…even over a LT, even over Lock.

Step Five – Hire me to run your PR office. I need money, bitches.
    tl;dr

Step Six - commit suicide

(just kidding, my friend)

Have you pondered your allegiance choices? You were a fan of a failed team, and ever since you became a Broncos fan, we've sucked! Please, start rooting for another franchise!

(just kidding again, my friend)

To be fair to your post, I probably am the harbinger of doom. I'm sorry I broke the Broncos. I just wanted to root for a team with my friends.

)=
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

5. The Following 5 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Your a dick Joe!

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Your a dick Joe!
    I am a bit of a burden. It's okay. I am a curse.

It is now time for me to leave. I shall be back, as always.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Your a dick Joe!
    •you’re
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

10. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    •you’re
    Yore*

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

Broncos get back into contention by drafting the best player available in the next draft, who is ideally an ILB or a LT. Danny Trevathan is a free agent, so maybe Elway goes out and brings him back. I think if the team adds talent at LT, G or C, ILB, CB, and WR it can contend.

ILB right now is the most glaring need for contention assuming the Broncos stick with Fangio.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Yore*
    *Yule
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

14. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Your a dick Joe!
    What’s a dick Joe?

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    •you’re
    tasteful symbology!

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Today I start with seeing what I can get for guys like Wolfe, Gotsis, Sanders, and Chris Harris. I hold onto Von, with the Chubb injury. We start lock at least the last 4 gams of the season on the present course. Dump Flacco in the Off-season and get a another QB in the draft if needed or a much cheaper back-up.

Then on Offense we need another strong starting player in draft or FA for: LT, RG, TE, and WR. Dump booker as guys like him are a dime a dozen.

On defense blow it the f'up the psyche is horrible and we need new players across the board here. I would pretty much keep Shelby, Jones and maybe Walker at DE and address this position. Find a true 2 gap NT for our scheme and a back-up. Do not bring back Wolfe or Gotsis. At OLB ride with Von and Chubb and maybe Malik reed will show with Hollins if were good here (we will see what they are about with the chubb injury it seems). AT ILB we need 3 new guys here. Davis is hated on here but is actually a pretty good 3-4 backer. He consistently grades well against the run and is also better in coverage last 2 years. However, we need a elite ILB next to him or some one with Trevathan traits at a min.....find legit back-ups as well here. At safety I think you keep Simmons and Parks and Jackson, however while I like parks if he has tackling issues like he did against the jags, and he cant fix it we need to move on and address this position in the draft and FA. At CB I expect Harris to not be here next year, leaving Calhan who is a unknown as the top guy. This is a huge hole. Bausby is the only back-up with talent at the moment, but yiadom can serve as a #4 back-up.

For special teams I don't like wadman. he is to inconsistent even punting at mile high get a new punter, McManus is safe to me and I like Spencer at returner as well.......using booker at KR is just dumb as well he sucks.....

If we do all of this right and draft like we did the last 2 years, with smarter FA decisions you could be looking at a wild card team next year and a Contender the following year. This requires a lot of pride swallowing however from Elway and company and I'm not sure he or they can do that. We shall wait and see.
    Last edited by Elevation inc; 10-01-2019 at 02:12 AM.
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    Today I start with seeing what I can get for guys like Wolfe, Gotsis, Sanders, and Chris Harris. I hold onto Von, with the Chubb injury. We start lock at least the last 4 gams of the season on the present course. Dump Flacco in the Off-season and get a another QB in the draft if needed or a much cheaper back-up.

Then on Offense we need another strong starting player in draft or FA for: LT, RG, TE, and WR. Dump booker as guys like him are a dime a dozen.

On defense blow it the f'up the psyche is horrible and we need new players across the board here. I would pretty much keep Shelby, Jones and maybe Walker at DE and address this position. Find a true 2 gap NT for our scheme and a back-up. Do not bring back Wolfe or Gotsis. At OLB ride with Von and Chubb and maybe Malik reed will show with Hollins if were good here (we will see what they are about with the chubb injury it seems). AT ILB we need 3 new guys here. Davis is hated on here but is actually a pretty good 3-4 backer. He consistently grades well against the run and is also better in coverage last 2 years. However, we need a elite ILB next to him or some one with Trevathan traits at a min.....find legit back-ups as well here. At safety I think you keep Simmons and Parks and Jackson, however while I like parks if he has tackling issues like he did against the jags, and he cant fix it we need to move on and address this position in the draft and FA. At CB I expect Harris to not be here next year, leaving Calhan who is a unknown as the top guy. This is a huge hole. Bausby is the only back-up with talent at the moment, but yiadom can serve as a #4 back-up.

For special teams I don't like wadman. he is to inconsistent even punting at mile high get a new punter, McManus is safe to me and I like Spencer at returner as well.......using booker at KR is just dumb as well he sucks.....

If we do all of this right and draft like we did the last 2 years, with smarter FA decisions you could be looking at a wild card team next year and a Contender the following year. This requires a lot of pride swallowing however from Elway and company and I'm not sure he or they can do that. We shall wait and see.
    Why not Gotsis? He's been a run penetrator at times... I don't see him fetching a massive 2d contract. You always look to improve...but isn't he ok for the moment? Kind of an adequate placeholder?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Step One – Face the harsh reality that we are nowhere near rebuilding. For far too long we have neglected positions that aren’t seen as pivotal. 3-4 defenses can get by without having great ILB’s, offenses can get by without meaningful TE depth and third WR’s. Look yourself in the mirror and admit that not only have you often failed to hit on the larger/sexier positions, but by failing to address the tertiary positions as a whole you’ve greatly weakened the team.
    Step Two – Note that while resources have to be allocated to the major issues, the tertiary positions are in need of something more than bargain bin purchases. Yeah, you drafted Fant last year. That’s a nice start. A….start.

Step Two – Left tackle. Garrett Bolles can’t block anything other than success. If you have to draft one in the first round, you do it. If you have to break open the bank in FA, you do it. Lord knows rolling money over from year-to-year is the Elway way….and it should account for something. FFS, trade for one. Maybe you draft a couple guys who can play multiple spots and you sign/trade for an average LT. Just put the resources in it. We’re not looking for the next Walter Jones. We’re looking for a legitimate NFL starter.

Step Three – purge the veterans. Yes, including Von Miller. Yes, including CHJ. Yes, Wolfe. You take the best offer you can get, know that teams won’t offer top dollar because these guys are older, you’re clearly out of contention, and you don’t have bargaining power. That’s the reality of the situation. It’s a firesale for a reason. Hold your nose, grit up, and do it.
    Step Four – Get a new head coach. I know this won’t be popular. I know a lot of you already hate me because I’m kind of negative. I get it. Here’s my point – you have a very old head coach who clearly isn’t that great. He’s based on defense. You have little young defensive talent. You will be relying on Lock, young offensive talent, or a first round QB, Sutton, Lindsay, Freeman, Fant….get the picture. Stop fighting modern NFL trends. You can still win with defense. But go in a direction of strength.

Also, the argument has often been that you can just get a good OC to fix the offense. Well, why doesn’t that argument work for the defense/DC as well? If the answer is just that you prefer defense then you don’t have an argument.

Step Four – Get that quarterback. In step two I noted you might have to draft a LT. The only exception to that position is if there’s a god tier Qb available. I love Lock. I beat the drum for Lock months before the last season ended. I think he clearly has round one talent. I think he clearly has a huge work ethic, and he’s a good young man. I believe in him. However, he’s a really good talent…and if there’s that top tier monster talent, that generational talent…that…shining beacon of hope….you go with hope…even over a LT, even over Lock.

Step Five – Hire me to run your PR office. I need money, bitches.
    High five for everything but trading Von.

Btw, you have two “Step two”s.

Edit; did you go Captain Kirk on us there at the end? “That ... shining beacon ... of hope ... you go ... with the hope. I’ve ... got to ... Mr!”
    Last edited by Simple Jaded; 10-01-2019 at 02:19 AM.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoNut View Post
    you're not a dork. the more I think about this I think we just need to restructure everything from the top down. I like this kid out of Iowa at DE in next years draft. some Italian outta the Chicago suburbs. also think that we should pick up a safety in the FA and fire Fangio.
    https://thedraftnetwork.com/prospect-rankings

AJ Epenesa.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

22. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information