Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Elway, GM, and the QB position

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

The SI article is half right, Elway is also looking for Gary Kubiak, which needs to stop.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I think there is another important one--ability to process the pro game. I bet you could develop some kind of VR ASVAB or something like that...something that measures mental ability (not IQ bullshit).
    They already have a VR tank and some teams are using it with mix results. The tech hype of VR is still 3 to 5 years from reality.
    "We saw it…. the hussars let loose their horses. God, what power! They ran through the smoke and the sound was like that of a thousand blacksmiths beating with a thousand hammers

They rush on to the Swedes! They crash into the Swedish riters…. Overwhelm them! They crash into the second regiment - Overwhelmed! Resistance collapses, dissolves, they move forward as easily as if they were parading on a grand boulevard

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
    They already have a VR tank and some teams are using it with mix results. The tech hype of VR is still 3 to 5 years from reality.
    Maybe they are doing it wrong?

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Depends. There is some amazing, purpose built, VR out there that is ready today.

6. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    Depends. There is some amazing, purpose built, VR out there that is ready today.
    I guess the problem is that the Broncos are not facing virtual opponents?

Name:  Han 1_zps2zzmtktc.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  9.3 KB

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    I guess the problem is that the Broncos are not facing virtual opponents?
    Listen, nothing is going to make a player grind and grind the mental reps that they need to be the mental assassins like Manning or Chris Harris besides an unquenchable inner fire for greatness.

VR or whatever technology won't create that inner fire.

But if you have that inner fire, VR (properly used) is currently the best tool for developing mental perfection per unit of time spent preparing.

I'm sick of the nonsense that disputes this, and tired of the stodgy reluctance to embrace it headlong as a core philosophy.

9. The Following 4 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Who serious thought we would beat Packers in GB or thought we would beat Chicago? Raiders in black hole is never easy. We are not being blown out. But team is not playing up to it ability which is what pisses me off. I know this team is better than it’s record and was hoping to be be 1-2 but 0-3 was very realistic which schedule. Now if this team loses to jags then people can lose their heads.

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by NightTerror218 View Post
    Who serious thought we would beat Packers in GB or thought we would beat Chicago? Raiders in black hole is never easy. We are not being blown out. But team is not playing up to it ability which is what pisses me off. I know this team is better than it’s record and was hoping to be be 1-2 but 0-3 was very realistic which schedule. Now if this team loses to jags then people can lose their heads.
    We're going to lose to the Jags.

But I won't lose my head.

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    You right, but they are extremely expensive.
    "We saw it…. the hussars let loose their horses. God, what power! They ran through the smoke and the sound was like that of a thousand blacksmiths beating with a thousand hammers

They rush on to the Swedes! They crash into the Swedish riters…. Overwhelm them! They crash into the second regiment - Overwhelmed! Resistance collapses, dissolves, they move forward as easily as if they were parading on a grand boulevard

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Broncos beat themselves in the Packers game. Jags going down in Denver.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-09-25 at 3.41.51 PM.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	14.9 KB 
ID:	15024

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Listen, nothing is going to make a player grind and grind the mental reps that they need to be the mental assassins like Manning or Chris Harris besides an unquenchable inner fire for greatness.

VR or whatever technology won't create that inner fire.

But if you have that inner fire, VR (properly used) is currently the best tool for developing mental perfection per unit of time spent preparing.

I'm sick of the nonsense that disputes this, and tired of the stodgy reluctance to embrace it headlong as a core philosophy.
    If the technology really helps, fine use it. But, whatever they have been doing with VR doesn't really seem to be helping one bit this season.

Quote Originally Posted by NightTerror218 View Post
    They really should have won both the Raiders and Bears games. The Raiders flat suck, and the Bears they had actually won before giving up a huge drive and last second FG -- to Mitch Trubisky of all people. He's not exactly a great QB either.

Admittedly losing to GB in GB is not a surprise. But, they should be 2-1 at this point.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    If the technology really helps, fine use it. But, whatever they have been doing with VR doesn't really seem to be helping one bit this season.
    It's unclear what they are doing.

19. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

It's unclear what they are doing.
    Grumble grumble complain

Long post many paragraphs

Grumble grumble complain

21. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information