Thread: Hold everything: Offensive infraction up 66% YOY

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Hold everything: Offensive infraction up 66% YOY

NFL officials threw 96 flags for offensive holding in Week 2, the most in a single week since at least the start of the 2012 season. The spike results from a yearlong point of emphasis that has dramatically impacted the start of this season.

The flurry of flags brought this season's two-week total for offensive holding calls to 178, a 66% increase from the same time period last season. It has also powered a 16.2% increase in total penalties compared to Weeks 1-2 of last season.

The previous high for offensive holding calls in a single week since 2012 was 94, set during a one-week point of emphasis in Week 13 last season. Prior to that, NFL officials did not throw more than 66 flags for offensive holding in a single week.
    rest - https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...raction-66-yoy

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

2. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Weird. I did not see Fangio getting flagged for holding chubb and Miller back
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

4. The Following 8 Users High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Offensive holding calls are up but Miller and Chubb production is down. It doesn't square.

Yes, holding calls are up this year, and so is roughing penalties on the QB and defenseless receiver.

And Garrett Bolles still has more than twice as many holding penalties as any other lineman in the NFL. It's not even close. He thinks he's being picked on.

This AM I heard Jake Plummer on the radio talking about how they need to tie Bolles' wrists with rope or something so that he has to keep his hands inside the DL's frame in practice so that in games he does not not grab jersey. If it comes to that, I think the dude is hopeless.

They just brought up Jake Rogers to the active roster so that (according to Fangio at his presser yesterday) they don't have to move Dalton Risner to T which would create 2 weaknesses at OL by weakening the G position in order to fix one. That way if they have to replace Bolles at T they could at least just put Rogers at LT and have a TE in to give him help on every play.

That's far from ideal and they probably can't win with that setup, but it's still better than 5 holding calls a game.

ANd Fangio, in an incredible statement at his presser stated that Bolles needs to listen to his coaching better. I.e. dude is resisting accepting what the coaches are telling him. He thinks he's fine and can't understand why he's getting all these holding calls. Has a mental block or something where he thinks the refs are picking on him because he has a reputation, and that all the criticism is unfair.

Total denial of reality if that's the case.

Looks like Stink is right: "OL Jesus couldn't fix this dude."

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

i blame garrett bolles. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

9. The Following 3 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information