Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Results 46 to 59 of 59

Thread: Why do you think we suck?

  1. #46
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Adopted Bronco:
    Chris Harris
    Posts
    9,165

    Default

    One thing that infuriates me watching this team is corners playing 7-10 yards off the ball then not learning their lesson when Carr and frigin Trubisky throw quick slants, quick outs and other 1 to 2 second throws over and over and over and over again. And then we wonder why we have zero sacks in 2 games. Did we not learn this lesson from the Joe Woods defense? Are they that terrified of rub routes and picks?
    America first

  2. The Following 3 Users High Fived atwater27 For This Post:


  3. #47
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Adopted Bronco:
    Wolfe
    Posts
    34,984

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    If they can get one of these Top QBs next year, stick with Lock if its not considered an upgrade?
    Take the best QB we're in reach of. If we have two that look to be panning out trade off the worse one.

  4. #48
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Adopted Bronco:
    Wolfe
    Posts
    34,984

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I think the players are ok, got to address the penalties though. All the holding calls are just unacceptable. And you just can't let subpar players continue to kill drives and not have the stones to address it. That kills spirit in the lockerroom and breeds complacency.

    Something about the playcalling feels off (both sides of the ball).
    I'm confident they'll get it figured out. We have a lot of guys in roles they've never filled and doing things they've never done. There will be a learning curve.

    We looked improved against the Bears. Hopefully we continue to look better week to week. Hell, it'd be a welcome change to starting good and the wheels falling off.

  5. #49
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    World of Suck.
    Adopted Bronco:
    F’ing John Elway
    Posts
    21,119

    Default

    If the goal is to sit back and watch other teams get better the Broncos are in pretty good shape.
    "Run through a mother****er face, they just ain't gonna want that."
    "You have to hate what you're firing at! Hate it!"
    “I already cashed that check ... **** you”.

    War Pop/Little Boy!

    Charles Snowden OLB, Paulson Adebo CB, Justin Herbert QB, Jacob Phillips/Patrick Queen ILB, Isaiah Simmons ILB, D’Andre Swift RB. LaViska Shenault WR. LaVonte Taylor NB. Steven Montez QB. Tristan Wirfs RT/G, Jalen Hurts QB. Binjimin Victor WR, Javon Kinlaw DE, Andrew Thomas/Isaiah Wilson T. Leki Fotu NT.

  6. #50
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    World of Suck.
    Adopted Bronco:
    F’ing John Elway
    Posts
    21,119

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by atwater27 View Post
    One thing that infuriates me watching this team is corners playing 7-10 yards off the ball then not learning their lesson when Carr and frigin Trubisky throw quick slants, quick outs and other 1 to 2 second throws over and over and over and over again. And then we wonder why we have zero sacks in 2 games. Did we not learn this lesson from the Joe Woods defense? Are they that terrified of rub routes and picks?
    They do that so they won’t need talent.
    "Run through a mother****er face, they just ain't gonna want that."
    "You have to hate what you're firing at! Hate it!"
    “I already cashed that check ... **** you”.

    War Pop/Little Boy!

    Charles Snowden OLB, Paulson Adebo CB, Justin Herbert QB, Jacob Phillips/Patrick Queen ILB, Isaiah Simmons ILB, D’Andre Swift RB. LaViska Shenault WR. LaVonte Taylor NB. Steven Montez QB. Tristan Wirfs RT/G, Jalen Hurts QB. Binjimin Victor WR, Javon Kinlaw DE, Andrew Thomas/Isaiah Wilson T. Leki Fotu NT.

  7. #51

    Default

    2. The QB situation post Manning. Siemian wasn't good, but at least he was cheap. We went out and got Keenum who was basically a more expensive Siemian, but he was a "veteran" who had one good year under his belt. Not surprisingly, he wasn't good. So we then trade a pick and eat dead money for Keenum to bring in Flacco, who at best is a moderate upgrade. This leads to the larger question of what we're doing with our roster in general - Elway's "win from now on" sounds good when we're winning, but it should have been obvious a couple of years ago that this roster wasn't good enough and putting a band aid on QB was just trying to mask the issue. We needed to dump some veterans, collect draft picks and try to hit on something, particularly a young QB. Is Lock it? I sure hope so.
    Trevor Siemian looked like hot garbage in his start, then got hurt. TV commenters were saying that he could get benched anyway, and then he's injured. Well, where have we seen THAT before?

    That is the essence of what's wrong with Elway. He actually was willing to go 2 seasons with Trevor Siemian versus Paxton Lynch as his QBs. That's flat crazy!

    Then it was Case Keenum because it's a "reboot not a rebuild" and now Flacco who "gives us the best chance to win now."

    Only there is no win now with this team, as Elway should have known simply by looking at the roster depth. Did he really think that Ron Leary who has been injured since he arrived would suddenly stay healthy for 16 games? Or that nobody else on the OL would get hurt?

    Wilkinson was their only backup? And somehow Muchak was supposed to fix Garrett Bolles in his 3rd season when he never listened to his coaches before?

    The reason he never improved is that he refused to listen and take to heart the coaching he already got. So, how is Munchak supposed to help? Doesn't matter how good Munchak is as a coach if Bolles just has a personality defect where he can't take criticism and somehow it's all "unfair" and he has no idea why they keep calling the most obvious penalties in the world on him.

  8. #52

    Default

    The thing that worries me is that Elway will conclude that Flacco is playing well enough to win now, if only the rest of the roster were upgraded, so the answer is obviously to strengthen the roster around Flacco and continue to try and "win now!"

    So, no top rated QB next season, then Flacco maybe gets them to 8-8 and we either don't get to see Drew Lock at all, or else he looks like . . . Trevor Siemian.

  9. #53
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Rock of Eternity
    Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock
    Posts
    13,406

    Default

    Elway in his prime couldnt function behind that OLine
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

  10. #54
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Adopted Bronco:
    Wolfe
    Posts
    34,984

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    The thing that worries me is that Elway will conclude that Flacco is playing well enough to win now, if only the rest of the roster were upgraded, so the answer is obviously to strengthen the roster around Flacco and continue to try and "win now!"

    So, no top rated QB next season, then Flacco maybe gets them to 8-8 and we either don't get to see Drew Lock at all, or else he looks like . . . Trevor Siemian.
    Are you concerned the ENTIRE team lacks talent or that Joe Flacco sucks?

    If Flacco then I can see you not wanting John to upgrade the rest of the team. If you have ANY doubts beyond Flacco... we have to start somewhere... why not Lock?

  11. #55
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Adopted Bronco:
    Wolfe
    Posts
    34,984

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Elway in his prime couldnt function behind that OLine
    Yes he could.

  12. The Following 5 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:


  13. #56
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Southern Illinois
    Adopted Bronco:
    I run an Orphanage
    Posts
    55,219

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Elway in his prime couldnt function behind that OLine
    That awkward moment when your hyperbole doesn't work and you didn't even mean to be hyperbolic.
    Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    My inevitable execution continues its stay!

  14. The Following 4 Users High Fived King87 For This Post:


  15. #57

    Default

    so in what realm do people expect 5-11 team to rebound instantly?

    our defense isn't where it should be yes, but when we are missing our best run stuffing ILB, the starting RCB and teams are getting chunks running the ball and playing a quick hit passing game it will be a struggle

    compound that with a offense with a new OC whos never called a offense before, installing his new offense, on a team with a new qb, new center, new RT who got hurt in ten plays, RG coming off IR, rookie LG and Bolles...and then figure in that this offense played a whopping 20 snaps in the entire 5 game preseason

    is it any wonder it isn't flowing yet?

    Anthony Lynn of the chargers went 0-4 to 3-6 to 7-7 and finally finished at 9-7 in his first year as a HC...can we give Fangio a few games also

    .

  16. The Following User High Fived arapaho2 For This Post:


  17. #58
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Out West
    Adopted Bronco:
    Arthur Morgan
    Posts
    20,331

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by arapaho2 View Post
    so in what realm do people expect 5-11 team to rebound instantly?

    our defense isn't where it should be yes, but when we are missing our best run stuffing ILB, the starting RCB and teams are getting chunks running the ball and playing a quick hit passing game it will be a struggle

    compound that with a offense with a new OC whos never called a offense before, installing his new offense, on a team with a new qb, new center, new RT who got hurt in ten plays, RG coming off IR, rookie LG and Bolles...and then figure in that this offense played a whopping 20 snaps in the entire 5 game preseason

    is it any wonder it isn't flowing yet?

    Anthony Lynn of the chargers went 0-4 to 3-6 to 7-7 and finally finished at 9-7 in his first year as a HC...can we give Fangio a few games also
    I believe we should have hired Anthony Lynn

  18. The Following User High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:


  19. #59

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I believe we should have hired Anthony Lynn
    hindsight is 20/20

    .

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
status.broncosforums.com - BroncosForums status updates
Partner with the USA Today Sports Media Group